1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Uber tests rewarding top drivers with extra pay, college degrees

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Nov 1, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Full story: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/01/tech/uber-driver-rewards/index.html
    [​IMG]
    Uber, long criticized for its handling of drivers, is taking a serious step toward boosting their incentives.

On Thursday, the company announced Uber Pro, a driver loyalty program that offers perks ranging from extra pay and free online education to dent repair and gas discounts.

The program may help retain drivers, who often quit within a few months, research shows. Uber's drivers are independent contractors so they do not receive benefits such as health care or tuition reimbursement.
    [​IMG]
    Starting Thursday in seven cities and all of New Jersey, drivers will earn points for the rides they give to qualify for four tiers of status. They'll also need a 4.85 rating and a cancellation rate of less than 4% to achieve either partner, gold, platinum or diamond status. The more rides a driver gives, the higher they rank.

Drivers in the top two tiers will receive a 3% or 6% pay boost depending on if they have platinum or diamond status. They'll also get tuition coverage at Arizona State University's online program. Tuition coverage can be passed onto a family member, too. Students will have to pay for their own materials, such as books and a computer.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Z129 likes this.
  2. Caplan121

Caplan121

Driving:
    UberX
    Finally something to reward drivers who actually care about service and quality.

Ziplock and Danny3xd like this.
  3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    You look at Uber’s current incentive programs and the difficulty it requires just to put another 10 bucks in your pocket, and decide for yourself if getting free college is easily obtainable. Another bull**** carrot stick to force you to tear up your car driving 90 hours a week.

4. New2This

New2This

I have the rating but my cancellation rate might be an issue...

20181101_120514.jpg

5. Bluecrab

Bluecrab

Driving:
    UberX
    All I want is a fair split on what the pax pays.

How about Uber gets a booking fee and 25% of the upfront fare, then they pay me 75% of pax fare.

6. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX

And therein lies the problem!!! So you have to cost yourself many dollars a year by displaying the stupidest ant behaviors possible! Sure I won't cancel on the guy who just told me he'd be out in 20 minutes, sure I won't cancel on the 12 year old that wants me to take him to the mall, sure I won't cancel on the drunken young man who just called me an idiot, etc.etc.etc..

Yes, I'll never cancel and allow myself to be abused and taken advantage of...I WANT MY REWARD!!! Does it come with a T-Shirt?

luckytown, Immortal, teh744 and 9 others like this.
  7. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Well said!

teh744, SatMan and just_me like this.
  8. just_me

just_me

Driving:
    UberX
    I'll keep driving the way I drive. If I get a reward, then great. If not, then so be it.

luckytown, Danny3xd, teh744 and 6 others like this.
  9. Wickedcool

Wickedcool

You're all missing the best benefit of the new system... The top two tiers can see ride length and rider destination!

Ziplock, Danny3xd, Jcewr17 and 2 others like this.
  10. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

A pay raise from $10 an hour to $10.60 an hour but only if you maintain a 4% or less cancellation rate. What a f’ing joke.

11. delornick94

delornick94

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah but in order to obtain that you must ant. Ain't no way I'm doing that chit

New2This and Seamus like this.
  12. just_me

just_me

Driving:
    UberX
    The top three tiers will see trip duration and direction on long trips, the top two tiers will see trip duration and direction on all trips - https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/1/...-performing-earnings-free-college-tuition-pro (duration is a time measurement).

The faster pickups at the airport is a nice plus too, btw.

(Thanks to Jdemonto for the article and the image below)

[​IMG]

13. Uber just got tired of spending so much money recruiting new drivers. It had too since after 6 months drivers started to game the system and ruin the experience. Now Uber has found a way to reain a portion of the drivers

MoreTips likes this.
  14. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Some ants will eat this up. At least the ones who weren’t going to quit anyway.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    MoreTips and emdeplam like this.
  15. arcterus

arcterus

Driving:
    Taxi
    What difference does it make when you have to accept every ride.

Once the public figures this out, it's on.

Don't have a car seat for little Timmy? No problem.

Need an extra 10 minutes when your Uber's waiting outside? Happens to everyone.

Out partying with a group of five with open containers and want a ride? We've got you covered.

Just order an Uber and keep canceling until you get a "Pro-rated Driver". Rating and cancellation rate mean everything to them. They'll let you slide.

16. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    1. raise driver pay 25%.
    2. f# the rest of that BS.
    3. show destinations

OMG GO!, ANT 7, MoreTips and 3 others like this.
  17. Accomplishes nothing for Uber. Driver behavior would not improve. Games would increase. Uber needs drivers who like to driver not cherry pick, scam, surge only, or shuffle. Drivers in markets with higher pay do those things more often tofay

JimKE likes this.
  18. Zap

Zap

Driving:
    UberX
    Looking deeper shows the strings attached to some of those perks. Looks like the Uber gas card is making a come-back.

upload_2018-11-1_16-56-28.png

tohunt4me and just_me like this.
  19. EdOz

EdOz

I have a middle ground acceptance rate and a very low cancellation rate. This is not hard to do folks. I will gladly take this as a step forward and keep pushing for more. Do note it’s not ACCEPTANCE rate. You shouldn’t have a high cancellation rate.

Danny3xd and emdeplam like this.
  20. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Yeah as long as you don’t cancel more than one out of every 25 trips.

MoreTips and New2This like this.