1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber tells pax we’ll wait for them

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by Yam Digger, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes Massa: I will wait like good boy

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Hell no! Gone in 301 seconds. Pay me my No-Show fee

49 vote(s)
    86.0%
  1. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax have been getting an email from Uber saying;

Running late? No sweat
    Delays happen, and when you’re running late, you have the peace of mind of knowing that your driver will be at the curb for at least 5 minutes. The first 2 minutes your driver waits are free of charge. After that, a small per minute fee will now be added to your fare.

Oh really? I don’t know about the rest of you Comrades, but I’ll still be hitting the No-Show button at 5 minutes and 1 second. Instead of telling pax to hustle their hineys to our cars, Uber is encouraging them to disrespect our time.

180 days of change my ass!

deagl344, EJ974 and gbaby like this.
  2. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    You were waiting 5 minutes to collect a no show fee. Nothing has changed now you will get paid for that time when they are 4 minutes 30 seconds. So ya not sure what the issue is here.

Also you are still able to make the decision to stop and wait. Nothing has changed. Now they tell the rider they are getting charged for that.

3. iluxin

iluxin

Driving:
    UberX
    If rider call and ask to wait a bit, no problem since we paid for waiting time now, otherwise cancel button pressed at 5:00

regionlong likes this.
  4. PrestonT

PrestonT

Driving:
    Lyft
    At least 5 minutes is very accurate. Some drivers roll at 5:05, some newbies sit dutifully.

gbaby likes this.
  5. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    But:

1. HOW MUCH will we be paid per minute? If the time component of the X fare is anything to go by: pittance not worth my while

2. In light of #1, I take exception to Uber telling pax to take their own, sweet time to get to our cars. This shows how much Uber has NO respect for us.

Santa, Athos and Nats121 like this.
  6. PrestonT

PrestonT

Driving:
    Lyft
    Hey, I snatched THREE CENTS wait charge on a ride last night. There is money to be made!

Gemini91, Santa, brianboru and 3 others like this.
  7. Nats121

Nats121

Isn't it nice how generous uber is with the driver's time?

Not that you needed to be reminded, this is yet another example of the contempt uber and lyft have for their drivers

Santa, gbaby and Yam Digger like this.
  8. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    If a pax calls or I get the pax when I call them, I’ll use my discretion in waiting longer than 5. Otherwise, gone in 301 seconds.

fwdmarch and Nats121 like this.
  9. canyon

canyon

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uber is doing everything that doesn't make a bit of difference in our pay, and they try to avoid paying us drivers a higher rate and will do everything possible to prevent that from happening. So I will do everything possible to make as much money with as much little effort as possible. 5.01 second, cancel. Multiple trips not happening, anything below a 4.7 I let it go. Hit surge as much as you can and if I have 8 people try to fit in my van they either, one will get cancelled or pay me a tip up front before getting in. I usually take a hit on that rating but I'm here to make money not badges. This company will never raise the rates as long as they have drivers doing this for pennies. The good news at least they got rid of the leasing scam. Less drivers better for me.

Gemini91, Santa, jdon and 3 others like this.
  10. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    That’s how we veterans do it.

11. PrestonT

PrestonT

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yep, like you say, unless we've talked, and they have indicated in some fashion that they respect my time.

12. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    Another thing you need to keep in mind: If a pax has no respect for your time, they won’t have any respect for you either.

Santa, ryan137 and Nats121 like this.
  13. Nats121

Nats121

If uber was paying drivers a net rate of 35 cents a minute, then that would be one thing, but with the pathetic per minute rates we get (in some markets as little as 6 cents per minute), uber should be politely DISCOURAGING pax from keeping drivers waiting

Yam Digger likes this.
  14. i_k

i_k

35 cents per minute for X. 40 cents for XL & Select. Not bad considering it was nothing before.

15. Uberchampion

Uberchampion

Driving:
    UberX
    Exactly. It's more than before.

I wait 5 min and cancel always unless there's a heavy surge. Then I call first before but I cancel.

It's been my experience that pax who do not regard your time as valuable have not been 5☆ riders.

Santa, Harry70, ryan137 and 2 others like this.
  16. Actionjax

Actionjax

Driving:
    UberLUX
    I don’t have an issue with pax being disrespectful. And I don’t have an issue waiting at $0.35 a minute with a 2x surge. I will wait all day for them.

Harry70, ryan137 and Zokipoki like this.
  17. Nats121

Nats121

It's not 35 cents per minute, it's 13.5 cents per minute in Toronto

18. i_k

i_k

I just hope they show us what we got paid for waiting on a separate line and not bunch it in with our total fare.

No it’s 35 cents..

19. UberSmash79

UberSmash79

35 cents a minute... Ironically we now get more for waiting than actually sitting in traffic :rolleyes:

20. Nats121

Nats121

Is this something new? I had 2 waiting fees last night, and both were the standard DC net rate of 12.75 cents per minute