• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber tells pax we’ll wait for them

Will you wait more than 5 minutes for your pax?

• Yes Massa: I will wait like good boy

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Hell no! Gone in 301 seconds. Pay me my No-Show fee

Votes: 49 86.0%

• Total voters

Yam Digger

Pax have been getting an email from Uber saying;

Running late? No sweat
Delays happen, and when you’re running late, you have the peace of mind of knowing that your driver will be at the curb for at least 5 minutes. The first 2 minutes your driver waits are free of charge. After that, a small per minute fee will now be added to your fare.

Oh really? I don’t know about the rest of you Comrades, but I’ll still be hitting the No-Show button at 5 minutes and 1 second. Instead of telling pax to hustle their hineys to our cars, Uber is encouraging them to disrespect our time.

180 days of change my ass!

Actionjax

You were waiting 5 minutes to collect a no show fee. Nothing has changed now you will get paid for that time when they are 4 minutes 30 seconds. So ya not sure what the issue is here.

Also you are still able to make the decision to stop and wait. Nothing has changed. Now they tell the rider they are getting charged for that.

Yam Digger

You were waiting 5 minutes to collect a no show fee. Nothing has changed now you will get paid for that time when they are 4 minutes 30 seconds. So ya not sure what the issue is here.

Also you are still able to make the decision to stop and wait. Nothing has changed. Now they tell the rider they are getting charged for that.
But:

1. HOW MUCH will we be paid per minute? If the time component of the X fare is anything to go by: pittance not worth my while

2. In light of #1, I take exception to Uber telling pax to take their own, sweet time to get to our cars. This shows how much Uber has NO respect for us.

Nats121

Running late? No sweat
Delays happen, and when you’re running late, you have the peace of mind of knowing that your driver will be at the curb for at least 5 minutes. The first 2 minutes your driver waits are free of charge. After that, a small per minute fee will now be added to your fare.

Oh really? I don’t know about the rest of you Comrades, but I’ll still be hitting the No-Show button at 5 minutes and 1 second. Instead of telling pax to hustle their hineys to our cars, Uber is encouraging them to disrespect our time.

Isn't it nice how generous uber is with the driver's time?

Not that you needed to be reminded, this is yet another example of the contempt uber and lyft have for their drivers

canyon

Running late? No sweat

Uber is doing everything that doesn't make a bit of difference in our pay, and they try to avoid paying us drivers a higher rate and will do everything possible to prevent that from happening. So I will do everything possible to make as much money with as much little effort as possible. 5.01 second, cancel. Multiple trips not happening, anything below a 4.7 I let it go. Hit surge as much as you can and if I have 8 people try to fit in my van they either, one will get cancelled or pay me a tip up front before getting in. I usually take a hit on that rating but I'm here to make money not badges. This company will never raise the rates as long as they have drivers doing this for pennies. The good news at least they got rid of the leasing scam. Less drivers better for me.

Yam Digger

Another thing you need to keep in mind: If a pax has no respect for your time, they won’t have any respect for you either.

Nats121

If uber was paying drivers a net rate of 35 cents a minute, then that would be one thing, but with the pathetic per minute rates we get (in some markets as little as 6 cents per minute), uber should be politely DISCOURAGING pax from keeping drivers waiting

Nats121

I just hope they show us what we got paid for waiting on a separate line and not bunch it in with our total fare.

No it’s 35 cents..
Is this something new? I had 2 waiting fees last night, and both were the standard DC net rate of 12.75 cents per minute