• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Taxi not displaying on customer Uber app?

Randomcabdriver

Was the uber taxi option at Disney discontinued?
I used to get pings at disney world and now there isn’t the option to even order a uber taxi with the customer uber app! Any help or input would be appreciated ?
( I am a mears uber taxi driver btw)

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Was the uber taxi option at Disney discontinued?
I used to get pings at disney world and now there isn’t the option to even order a uber taxi with the customer uber app! Any help or input would be appreciated ?
( I am a mears uber taxi driver btw)
They removed it as an option in Disney world, period.

It caused a literal fistfight when a cab rolled up at a hotel for an ubertaxi fare with a cab stand and 2 drivers got fired...
Numerous times taxi drivers queued up played the "i was here first" game when rolling up on a cab stand to pick up an uberTaxi fare. Really... it caused issues and there's not a good reason to be dispatching cab fares to uber when there are cab stands everywhere.

It *LOOKED* bad and Disney put their foot down and it was removed as an option from Disney property because of it.

Swing on in Orlando and say hi.

BuckieMohawk is a Checker fleet driver. (weekly? Pretty sure he's a weekly)
Bob Reynolds is also an uber/mears luxe driver on black fleet. (night shifts)
I'm a fairly active (2-3 times a week, 10 a month or so) I do City fleet 9:00 pM to 9:00 AM(but i work Disney close most nights i work since they added the main parks to the city fleet)

Randomcabdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you serious wowww.
I guess people get desperate for a ride and end up doing brainless things.
Completely avoidable, driver loading w uber taxi should’ve told him To relax and he is doing uber taxi (I’ve done it at universal several times)

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Are you serious wowww.
I guess people get desperate for a ride and end up doing brainless things.
Completely avoidable, driver loading w uber taxi should’ve told him To relax and he is doing uber taxi (I’ve done it at universal several times)
what’s amazing is that people were hitting Uber taxi option when there’s cabs literally sitting at the lobby of the hotels...

Buckiemohawk

People do not like Taxis. Its amazing sometimes Ive taken people and gotten a huge surge and they said they didnt care it was 100 dollars more.

Actionjax

Sometimes people were using UberTaxi because it's linked to their corporate expenses. It makes it easier than dealing direct with a cab and trying to get a receipt.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Sometimes people were using UberTaxi because it's linked to their corporate expenses. It makes it easier than dealing direct with a cab and trying to get a receipt.
We were talking about Disney property itself.

Very few people go to Disney property on business. There's a lot of nicer/cheaper (yes both) hotels out by the convention center or Downtown Orlando that the business travelers tend frequent.

I'm literally talking using uber taxi at a Disney world property hotel. While there's cabs queued up at the same hotels, same brand of cabs to.

Another Uber Driver

driver loading w uber taxi should’ve told him To relax and he is doing uber taxi (I’ve done it at universal several times)

The problem is that the drivers on the stand do not believe you. This was also the problem in the days of voice dispatch (READ :REAL dispatch). You pull up to hotel on a call, you actually GET the person who called, and all of these guys on the stand start to fuss.

In this digital age, though, you simply show them on your screen that you have a call. If it is Uber Taxi, you simply show it on your telephone. Occasionally, you will get the [rectal aperture] who still will fuss when he sees your screen, but, usually, the walk away muttering:

what’s amazing is that people were hitting Uber taxi option when there’s cabs literally sitting at the lobby of the hotels...

It happens here, as well. The same thing happened with MyTaxi, Hail-O and happens with Curb. Some people just like it better. The grand thing about it is that you actually get your customer. Back in the day, most radio dispatchers would not even put out hotel calls, because the people would come out, see the cabs on the stand and take one. Most dispatchers simply announced "Pick 'em up at the CuPont Plaza for Jim going to the Archives, two people........."

In addition, you would get your regulars who called from the hotel because they wanted your cab, not just anyone. Time was that you had more than a little brand loyalty among cab customers. There were some customers who would not ride in anything but a ______cab. Further, you had people who would ride only in Diamond, Yellow or Capitol Cabs.

People do not like Taxis. Its amazing sometimes Ive taken people and gotten a huge surge and they said they didnt care it was 100 dollars more.

This is not the case in the Capital of Your Nation. There are a few like that, here, but even fewer of them are "converted" cab users. Most of the people who would not use a cab never would have used one.