Uber tax bill

Cantina00

I am pretty certain the milage deduction is still in effect for employees using their own car for work,,, phone chargers, seat covers may not be deductible,,,, and i highly doubt the state will come after drivers for back taxes

It will be Uber’s responsibility to pay drivers a rate that covers minimum wage and driving expenses,, just like in new your city and California

This will also stop rate cuts

New Jersey has been trying to get uber to pay its tax bill for 4 years,, what makes anyone think they will pay it now

I think this is good news,,, will i be wrong,, possibly

JohnnyJets

First thing New Jersey needs to do is ban all these cars with out-of-state license plates. Walk up and down the hog pen at Newark airport and you’ll see plates from North Carolina, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New York regular plates plus pretty much every other state in the country. These people are not paying taxes in New Jersey. And it’s ridiculous that they have nothing protecting the actual residence of New Jersey

jerseyboys

First thing New Jersey needs to do is ban all these cars with out-of-state license plates. Walk up and down the hog pen at Newark airport and you’ll see plates from North Carolina, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New York regular plates plus pretty much every other state in the country. These people are not paying taxes in New Jersey. And it’s ridiculous that they have nothing protecting the actual residence of New Jersey
Jose

Those are rental cars used for ridesharing.

Fireitup

X100

CCW

I remember when NJ ridershare bill was first drafted, the drivers are IC.

Now NJ state gov is saying the drivers are employees, not IC.

What will the NJ state gov do with the bill that was signed into law?

I know the gov must get its $$ from somewhere but how will everything work out for all the parties(uber+lyft, drivers, pax, gov, insurance etc.)

Kevin7889

I know the gov must get its $$ from somewhere but how will everything work out for all the parties(uber+lyft, drivers, pax, gov, insurance etc.)
Papa Murph needs money for his @@@@@es

atthehop

"How will everything work out for all the parties(uber+lyft, drivers, pax, gov, insurance etc.)"???

Let me get my crystal ball out and let you know. How can anyone on this forum know?