Uber taking care of their drivers. - NOT!

Psycho Driver

I am set to a Destination Drive, I get a ping, I drive to the pick up area. I wait 4 mins, pax finally comes out, and gets in the car. I start the fare. He says, oh he needs to change the destination, it is now going the wrong way of my Destination Drive, I said I can't do that, you wanted to go one direction and I am set to that destination, now you want to go a different opposite direction. He gets out of the car and cancels the ride. I get only $2. I figured I drove there about 6 mins, waited 4 mins, and pax cancels after another 2-3 minute discussion in the car. I figured I should get the $5 cancelation fee, less uber commision right? I complain and complain after about 10 texts, Uber takes away my $2, now I get nothing. They claim I didn't drive the pax anywhere so he shouldn't pay. Then they say there is no way of them knowing what really happened. Simple, he ordered a fare, changed destination then cancelled, is this not all recorded int the logs?

fiver360

You lost me when you expected Uber not to take their comission.

Pretty bad luck and shitty all around to be honest. Sucks for you cause you drove there expecting a ride and it didnt happen. Sucks for the pax cause they also expected a ride and it didnt happen and changing drop off does happen fairly often so its not likely they did it maliciously.

Just gotta chalk this one up as a loss and carry on.

PrestonT

I am set to a Destination Drive, I get a ping, I drive to the pick up area. I wait 4 mins, pax finally comes out, and gets in the car. I start the fare. He says, oh he needs to change the destination, it is now going the wrong way of my Destination Drive, I said I can't do that, you wanted to go one direction and I am set to that destination, now you want to go a different opposite direction. He gets out of the car and cancels the ride. I get only $2. I figured I drove there about 6 mins, waited 4 mins, and pax cancels after another 2-3 minute discussion in the car. I figured I should get the $5 cancelation fee, less uber commision right? I complain and complain after about 10 texts, Uber takes away my $2, now I get nothing. They claim I didn't drive the pax anywhere so he shouldn't pay. Then they say there is no way of them knowing what really happened. Simple, he ordered a fare, changed destination then cancelled, is this not all recorded int the logs?

I have a similar story. I was on DF and picked up a couple that had entered a Marriott near my house. Upon talking to them, I realized they really wanted the Marriott in the opposite direction.

My solution was to suck it up and take them to their destination. Everyone survived.

EJ974

It sucks, man, but you can't expect anything from the abysmal UBER support. I'm sure most of those exchanges were bullsh*t copy-paste replies.

i_k

Uber doesn't give a flying f__ about you or anyone but uber

IMG_0660.JPG

djino

Uber Support responding to your emails

djino

Psycho Driver

You lost me when you expected Uber not to take their comission.

Pretty bad luck and shitty all around to be honest. Sucks for you cause you drove there expecting a ride and it didnt happen. Sucks for the pax cause they also expected a ride and it didnt happen and changing drop off does happen fairly often so its not likely they did it maliciously.

Just gotta chalk this one up as a loss and carry on.

NO where did I say, I don't expect Uber to take a commision.

I have a similar story. I was on DF and picked up a couple that had entered a Marriott near my house. Upon talking to them, I realized they really wanted the Marriott in the opposite direction.

My solution was to suck it up and take them to their destination. Everyone survived.

There is a reason for Destination Trips. I have to be somewhere at a certain time, I had a meeting downtown, and that is where I was going, and entered a destination trip. Rider requested a drive to a downtown address, this is why I got pinged, re-directed to him, and he made me wait almost 5 mins. He got in the car, and changed the destination int he opposite direction, his mistake or what have you. He gets out and cancels. I get $2. I complain, because I thought I should get a basic cancellation fee of about $4.50. Uber takes my $2 away, that was my point. I think if a rider pings, you, you drive there, you wait, and he cancels there should be a cancelation fee.

K

Krish1

Not only that many times when I'm about to reach the passenger pick up they cancel Uber should allocate some money as soon as we start the trip

uberpoolfool

Pax is king, you're worthless peasant.Move on!

fiver360

NO where did I say, I don't expect Uber to take a commision.

There is a reason for Destination Trips. I have to be somewhere at a certain time, I had a meeting downtown, and that is where I was going, and entered a destination trip. Rider requested a drive to a downtown address, this is why I got pinged, re-directed to him, and he made me wait almost 5 mins. He got in the car, and changed the destination int he opposite direction, his mistake or what have you. He gets out and cancels. I get $2. I complain, because I thought I should get a basic cancellation fee of about $4.50. Uber takes my $2 away, that was my point. I think if a rider pings, you, you drive there, you wait, and he cancels there should be a cancelation fee.

I read this the wrong way.

I figured I should get the $5 cancelation fee, less uber commision right?

Psycho Driver

If
Not only that many times when I'm about to reach the passenger pick up they cancel Uber should allocate some money as soon as we start the trip

If you spent more than 5 mins driving towards trip, they cancel you will get cancellation fee, happened to me a couple of times.