Uber surging on rider app but not paying drivers surge.

MikhailCA

Is anyone else experiencing this is Indianapolis market ? Uber is charging 4x from downtown JW Marriot to the Airport. It is a normal $20 Fare. This morning it’s $78 plus and shows $1.50 on the driver’s app and where the Marriot is located there is nothing.

This has been going on since yesterday and literally has been no surge greater than $2 showing in a little spot like the pic I posted for the driver. And yes Uber has been charging riders surge prices as I would check the riders app for the usual hot spots to see.

Is it a glitch as I think Uber did a update Tuesday. The entire city went red surge for about 15 minutes or so which seems to happen when Uber does a update or is Uber just trying to @@@@ the drivers again ?
You do have extra points, wtf you don’t like?

WillDrive

100 percent. Just log off. Do NOT DRIVE high demand hours. It is simple here for me. Home and resting while rookies get paid the same I did in low demand hours. Surge was to encourage drivers to drive when demand is high. If $2.00 gets someone excited, they aren't driving for a living, and they probably aren't good at it. Uber's customer service will go in the tank. They will get less rides.
[Qpercent"cumonohito, post: 6522624, member: 140442"]
This has been seen, said and mentioned numerous times, to counter it, APP OFF when SURGE IS OFF.
[/QUOTE]
Post automatically merged:

You do have extra points, wtf you don’t like?
Is this reply to me? Who cares about points? For discounts anyone could get by just searching online. The points thing is even worse. Pretend you are "earning" something that costs them nothing. Make you feel that you benefit by earning less. Pay is the only thing that matters, unless they actually real benefits to drivers that work full time in the future. The points are worthless. They know its worthless, they just want you to accept less pay if you believe they are not.

Last edited:

Nats121

Uber sends you Trip Requests that you decide whether to Accept them or Decline them. Uber is not an ethical company. Don’t pity your Passengers if they don’t like the prices Uber is quoting them they can easily call a Taxi-Cab. And that Taxi-Cab driver’s price will still be equal to if not greater than what Uber is quoting them.

The difference is that Taxi-Cab is actually making a profit because their rates are fixed to make a profit. The Uber Driver, on the other hand, is taking it up the ass because Uber is gobbling up most of the profits. Calling around and warning cheap skates that Uber is raising their dirt cheap 1950’s cab prices up to 2020 cab prices (i.e. it’s surging) does you no good and will drive you to the insanity ward.
In at least some markets short base rate trips in light traffic cost MORE than a taxi. With surge they cost a lot more than taxis.

Here in DC a short, base rate 1-mile/3 minute trip in light traffic costs $7.80, in a taxi it costs around $6.25-$6.50

WillDrive

And not? I replied in full. Assuming you can't read? Or navigate. Very low intellect I assume. My response is easy to find and read.

Congrats, my first ignore here goes to comrade MikhaikCA insky. No idea what he/she was standing for.

Last edited:

Boca Ratman

I had rides tonight. Rider app showed a surge, ping came with nothing. It paid 13.33 extra.
Screenshot_20200920-014057_Uber Driver.jpg

This one, comfort was had a $1.75 in the ping.

Screenshot_20200920-014428_Uber Driver.jpg

Last night and tonight every ride paid way more than the surge except one, it was a $9 surge 4 mile ride.

Promotion and other earnings are both surge pay.
Screenshot_20200920-014813_Uber Driver.jpg

Screenshot_20200920-015245_Uber Driver.jpg

I mean, I don't trust uber anymore than you, but last weekend and this weekend there's been a glitch and I've gotten the surge even though it didn't show on the drivers app AND at least two that didn't show on the request.

Atom guy

I'm not trying to be an Uber defender, but the opposite also happens when you snag a nice sticky surge and then your next passenger pays regular fare.

But yes, Upfront Pricing and flat rate surges are designed to benefit Uber, not the drivers or passengers.

Disgusted Driver

I'm not trying to be an Uber defender, but the opposite also happens when you snag a nice sticky surge and then your next passenger pays regular fare.

But yes, Upfront Pricing and flat rate surges are designed to benefit Uber, not the drivers or passengers.
I understand what you are saying but this is their system. When they had multiplier surge it was a straighter, more honest system and I didn't have to worry about whether or how much I was being screwed.

Ziggywaz

Is anyone else experiencing this is Indianapolis market ? Uber is charging 4x from downtown JW Marriot to the Airport. It is a normal $20 Fare. This morning it’s $78 plus and shows $1.50 on the driver’s app and where the Marriot is located there is nothing.

This has been going on since yesterday and literally has been no surge greater than $2 showing in a little spot like the pic I posted for the driver. And yes Uber has been charging riders surge prices as I would check the riders app for the usual hot spots to see.

Is it a glitch as I think Uber did a update Tuesday. The entire city went red surge for about 15 minutes or so which seems to happen when Uber does a update or is Uber just trying to @@@@ the drivers again ?
I had a pax that I took to a scheduled appointment at 5:45am When we arrived nobody was there. I had already ended the ride. We waited several minutes. The trip for him was about $42.00 I recieved about $27.00. est.He decided to just return to his hotel. I said just order up another ride and I would be sure to get the request seeing as he was sitting in my back seat. He made 2 separate requests and both times called up drivers that were 10 mins. Away. Not only that he said due to an apparent surge it was going to cost $135.00 to go back to the same location I picked him up at. I drove him to a coffee shop nearby on my own dime. There was no surge on the driver side of the app. That is some serious bullshit.

Nats121

I had a pax that I took to a scheduled appointment at 5:45am When we arrived nobody was there. I had already ended the ride. We waited several minutes. The trip for him was about $42.00 I recieved about $27.00. est.He decided to just return to his hotel. I said just order up another ride and I would be sure to get the request seeing as he was sitting in my back seat. He made 2 separate requests and both times called up drivers that were 10 mins. Away. Not only that he said due to an apparent surge it was going to cost $135.00 to go back to the same location I picked him up at. I drove him to a coffee shop nearby on my own dime. There was no surge on the driver side of the app. That is some serious bullshit.
How much of a tip did he give you?

Mordred

Yeah. This is uber's way of cutting rates. By randomly just taking away surge money from drivers. It's not a glitch. Next time you notice it happening immediately stop doing Uber rides and switch to another platform. Wait a full day and try it again.

Ozzyoz

Guess Uber is fattening Jolly Up its stock for investors.

Gby

😀😀😀 That's how they rise billions by stealing every where they can not only in your market ..the point is they like to consumer the surge are for drivers and they stealing those surge it should be law suit to reimburse all money to drivers

Uber4lyfe

UBER SHOULD PAY HEAVY FINES FOR UNETHICAL BUSINESS SCAM PRACTICE. WHERE THE HECK ARE STATE REGULATORS????

$18-$19 standard cost for this trip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201107-020051_Uber Driver.jpg
    Screenshot_20201107-020051_Uber Driver.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20201107-020031_Uber.jpg
    Screenshot_20201107-020031_Uber.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 15

UberDerrick

Not a glitch. I noticed this soon after I began driving in California about a year ago.

Uber also add 1 penny to the final cost of every ride. Imagine how much they collect from billions of rides worldwide.

They steal from both drivers and riders.

Gby

UBER SHOULD PAY HEAVY FINES FOR UNETHICAL BUSINESS SCAM PRACTICE. WHERE THE HECK ARE STATE REGULATORS????

$18-$19 standard cost for this trip
Yes it is 100 % crime because they telling travelers the surge are for drivers to come in the area .. question is can you miss up with Uber they will pay small fine and keep doing ..