• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber support

Sirshoelaceman

I know you can be deactivated for any reason, but how practical is it that someone be deactivated for yelling at a representative through support messages? I was wrongfully denied a consecutive trip bonus for third time in less than two months today, and I'm really close to losing my cool. If I said what I was really thinking, it could easily ding me for an 'unprofessional' report, if they have that capability.
You know what else is unprofessional?
W a g e t h e f t.
I depend on that money when I make decisions on when and where to drive.

tipster98122

It's definitely frustrating to be emailing back and forth and not getting your issue resolved.
Those customer service folks on the other end are usually unskilled in real customer service, they're being paid very low wages, and may have a language barrier to fully understand you. And they are just using scripted replies to answer your questions, too.

So, go easy on those folks. They're just trying to do their jobs with a lot of limitations imposed by their boss.

If you can't get resolution to your issue in 1-2 tries via email then you really should head into the hub.
A visit to the hub is always the fastest way to resolve a problem. Usually in your favor, too.

And now, a little song...

The Hub, the Hub.
Get your ass to the Hub.

Resolve your issue.
Don't be a dud.

At the Hub, the Hub.

Last edited:

Skinny1

How desperate are you for the job?

I suggest tread lightly it’s what ... $8-$14 you are talking about.
There are many reasons to miss the bonus... skipping a ride before you start the consecutive is one .

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Lol I'm getting the opposite from Uber support. I guess I blew them up last night with a bunch of support messages. Eh ......I was pretty groggy. They just sent me a response reminding me that they know I'm feeling under the weather ( small cold) and perhaps I should contact them when I'm feeling better. Dang it I want a new TNC sticker asap! My old one was damaged when I had my windshield replaced. It's like crease/bent!

Hahaha. Uber says get some sleep! Oh ok it was 2 or 3 am when I multi messaged them.

Eh! I have a killer headache.:biggrin:

I want my TNC.

Also I found this on their website under driver settings, trip preference:

20180613_073336.jpg

Funny how it was default set to Uberpool. Lemme just fix that.......

Martin Kodiak

I have yelled at them a couple of times and accused them of wage theft and idiocy on several occasions. Still rolling.

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

how practical is it that someone be deactivated for yelling at a representative through support messages?
In terms of you no longer being able to keep Ubering if they fired you, no, it wouldn't be practical for you if this happened.

If you're asking about it from Uber's point of view, then it would be neutral in terms of practicality - it wouldn't affect their service at all.

Last edited:

mark_mark

I know you can be deactivated for any reason, but how practical is it that someone be deactivated for yelling at a representative through support messages? I was wrongfully denied a consecutive trip bonus for third time in less than two months today, and I'm really close to losing my cool. If I said what I was really thinking, it could easily ding me for an 'unprofessional' report, if they have that capability.
You know what else is unprofessional?
W a g e t h e f t.
I depend on that money when I make decisions on when and where to drive.
my $13 consecutive disappeared after my 1st ride thus morning. Don’t really give a dam, just started running Lyft. I an’t gots zero energy with Uber shit

F with my m, I an’t driving

Martin Kodiak

my $13 consecutive disappeared after my 1st ride thus morning. Don’t really give a dam, just started running Lyft. I an’t gots zero energy with Uber shit

F with my m, I an’t driving
The whole CT program is very glitch, and I think it is on purpose. My CT box randomly just disappears at times too but it seems it is still working, and sometimes when it is showing it doesn't update. I generally find that the money is there at the end of the shift when I check.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I finally has to come down to the Greenlight Hub today. Uber is saying I cannot get a for hire permit and TNC because I wasn't approved for it by the city. I took pictures of my for hire card and my mangled TNC sticker and said " Then why do I have these in my possession?? I just want a new sticker for my car??"

I asked at the Greenlight Hub if they were hiring for Support. I think I would be an excellent candidate. I'm fluent in English!

dimwit_driver

I finally has to come down to the Greenlight Hub today. Uber is saying I cannot get a for hire permit and TNC because I wasn't approved for it by the city. I took pictures of my for hire card and my mangled TNC sticker and said " Then why do I have these in my possession?? I just want a new sticker for my car??"

I asked at the Greenlight Hub if they were hiring for Support. I think I would be an excellent candidate. I'm fluent in English!
That completely disqualifies you. OTOH if you spoke Somali you would be a shoo in.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
That completely disqualifies you. OTOH if you spoke Somali you would be a shoo in.
I asked just now at the Greenlight Hub where in the hell is Support? They said, it's in the Philippines.

So.......now we know. They also said to save aggravation, just don't even deal with those clowns, come down to the Greenlight Hub for any issues.

I got my problem solved at the Hub in 5 minutes after going back and forth with Uber this morning for 3 hours.

K-pax

I asked just now at the Greenlight Hub where in the hell is Support? They said, it's in the Philippines.

So.......now we know. They also said to save aggravation, just don't even deal with those clowns, come down to the Greenlight Hub for any issues.

I got my problem solved at the Hub in 5 minutes after going back and forth with Uber this morning for 3 hours.
The lines must be settling down a bit. I used to be in and out at the hubs but last time took a few hours (waited in line to be checked in, waited in line to get the inspection paper, waited in line to get inspected, waited in line to turn in the inspection paper).

Dammit Mazzacane

I know you can be deactivated for any reason, but how practical is it that someone be deactivated for yelling at a representative through support messages? I was wrongfully denied a consecutive trip bonus for third time in less than two months today, and I'm really close to losing my cool.
Suggest to not chase streak bonuses as a general rule. But I get the point that you're feeling screwed as you did what was asked and then no bonus showed up.

aspacepig

Called them earlier to complain about the number of short trips I'm getting. Not that it'll amount to anything. It's good to vent sometimes. And maybe, just maybe, this squeaky wheel will get some grease.

Skinny1

Nothing but wasted time.

NBWT

Where’s my next ping surge preferred is all I worry about. $5-$14 for some spiff.... don’t care if a simple email does not fix.

OP if I remember you almost had a repo or some other deal... not sure I’d risk this gig over $10 by disrespecting some over seas folks who at the end of the day have no control.

What’s the sayin? “Shut up and drive” or something like that....

Marco Solo

My inveterate rule when dealing with any organization's customer support is to state my problem, ask for my desired solution--and not to waste time with anyone who does not have the command authority to make it happen.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
The lines must be settling down a bit. I used to be in and out at the hubs but last time took a few hours (waited in line to be checked in, waited in line to get the inspection paper, waited in line to get inspected, waited in line to turn in the inspection paper).
yep even when I brought my car down for its yearly inspection last week , with lines to the door and wrapped around into the lobby, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.