Uber Support

C M Burns

Hey. Just wondering what experience any of you have had with Uber support. I had an issue with a fare last weekend and... well, they suck. Big time. It took almost a dozen emails for them to fix the problem. They first said the fare was right (which it was not), that it wasn't during a boost period (which it was), that is wan't a surge (which I never said it was), that they checked and revised it to make it right (which it wasn't), etc. They really don't give a damn about their drivers. At one point they assured me that a $3.91 fare was accurate. You get $3.75 for just a no-show. The fare was about 3:30 AM, on the Strip, during a 1.4 boost period, a half hour in length. So they said 16 cents over a basic no-show fee was accurate. Wow, do they suck. Not a revelation, I suppose, but it is a big waste of time trying to fix such things.

C M Burns

In all seriousness, either you are very helpful or an Uber plant . I am new to this and trying to figure out how to make a decent return. Any thoughts or suggestions, in this forum or directly, would be much appreciated. Happy to chat or email offline, whatever. Thanks. Me

Freebyrdie

In all seriousness, either you are very helpful or an Uber plant . I am new to this and trying to figure out how to make a decent return. Any thoughts or suggestions, in this forum or directly, would be much appreciated. Happy to chat or email offline, whatever. Thanks. Me

I know it seems hard to fathom that an ordinary driver would have praise for anything Uber......but give them a call answer let me know. Yes...you do talk to people in India but they seriously have the best customer service skills. I have probably called 3-4 times and it has been consistently a good experience. As hard as that is to admit.

Tool727

Seconding Freebyrdie above. Had an issue last week and decided to grit my teeth and call the support line instead of initiating another lengthy (and probably horrific) email support conversation. I was dreading it, but a very nice lady (probably in India), had my issue taken care of in just a few minutes.

I think I actually just sat there in my car stunned for twice as long as the call took, amazed that an Uber "improvement" actually worked for me.

It's my only use of the phone support so far, so my mileage may vary in the long run, but early returns are promising...

NHDriver

Seriously forget about ever trying to email support.
Call support. I have been calling for every issue and have found them to be exceptionally professional and helpful. They have resolved every issue I have called about in my favor.
I called support a few weeks ago and I got a recording saying support is not available in my area yet, I kid you not, for real!

Uber Steve LV

I thought phone support was Philippines and email was India. Would.make it easier for everyone to just be in the US. No miscommunication and maybe, just maybe we as drivers might be happier.

Doubt it:rolleyes:

NHDriver

I thought phone support was Philippines and email was India. Would.make it easier for everyone to just be in the US. No miscommunication and maybe, just maybe we as drivers might be happier.

Doubt it:rolleyes:
That makes perfect sense, why would they do that?

C M Burns

I know it seems hard to fathom that an ordinary driver would have praise for anything Uber......but give them a call answer let me know. Yes...you do talk to people in India but they seriously have the best customer service skills. I have probably called 3-4 times and it has been consistently a good experience. As hard as that is to admit.

Again, thanks, but where do you call for support? I can't find a number. Thanks.

Udrivevegas

Again, thanks, but where do you call for support? I can't find a number. Thanks.
Open driver app. Click account(bottom right), click help. There will be a little telephone icon at the top right. Click on that, it will show you the number. Click the green telephone icon and it will dial support.

Uber Crack

Author
Phone support is still not up and running in all areas. You will get a recording if it's not.
I have had one or two small communication issues with uber support but on the whole they've been 98% amazing. And especially lately, they're even better.
Sorry about your issue.
I have noticed this with pay... Because of low per minute $ its not uncommon to have a half hour drive, go three miles and get paid Jack shyte. This is why I don't work during high traffic times. I'm not saying your problem wasn't legitimate. Just adding an observation because it shocked me when I saw it at first.

Udrivevegas

Phone support is still not up and running in all areas. You will get a recording if it's not.
I have had one or two small communication issues with uber support but on the whole they've been 98% amazing. And especially lately, they're even better.
Sorry about your issue.
I have noticed this with pay... Because of low per minute $ its not uncommon to have a half hour drive, go three miles and get paid Jack shyte. This is why I don't work during high traffic times. I'm not saying your problem wasn't legitimate. Just adding an observation because it shocked me when I saw it at first.
Phone support is available in Las Vegas, but I did have a day where it gave me the not available message. Waited about 10 minutes and tried again, and it worked fine.

Freebyrdie

Uber app/account/help- you should see a blue phone top right. Click that. Oops somebody already posted.
Anyway...the experiences I have had thus far with phone support reveals they have actually had some good training. When you state your problem/issue.....they mirror back exactly what they heard you say and ask if they understood correctly. Even with their accent they are very easy to understand. So friendly, so patient. Seriously the best part about Uber I have ever experienced and probably some of the best customer service in general. Also......they always make a point to comment about my high rating and comments from riders that I am clearly a valued driver.

The minimum wage in the Philippines is $0.61/hr.
The minimum wage in India is $0.28/hr.

At minimum wage, its cheaper to hire 25 Indians than 1 American.
Wow! I wonder what our Uber phone support people in India get paid.

SwGts86

Seriously forget about ever trying to email support.
Call support. I have been calling for every issue and have found them to be exceptionally professional and helpful. They have resolved every issue I have called about in my favor.

I'll agree with this. Email? Lololol forget about it.

Call however? Amazingly helpful. One of the most I've dealt with overall honestly.

reaperducer

Every time I've had problems with a fare I call. Phone support has always taken care of the problem immediately. I wouldn't trust something as important as money to an email exchange. I used to think that it was important to do things that way because you'd have a paper trail. But these days they just get ignored.

Taxi2Uber

I just received the 4th exact same canned response in a row, from 4 different reps, on this one support ticket. I just picture the reps saying,
"Watch this Rajeesh, hehe, I'm going to send this response again hehe, lets see if he answers again."
Rajeesh: "No, that's just cruel.........do it"

Michael-MS

I'll throw in a thumbs up for phone support too. Phone support gave me the EDC promo paid out despite having 33% acceptance, which disqualified me. They go above and beyond. Email support is garbage.

uberXcabbie

I called support 3 times so far,it's been great and they're very patient and helpful.I even jokingly inquired if they're hiring,"we're hiring all the time"was her response... Tempting