• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Support Won't Respond to Rider Report

ontothenext

My rider account got deactivated pending a report from a driver. I keep calling but they will not respond. I'm not sure what the report entailed or what the claims were about me. Any advice on what to do next?

Yulli Yung

My rider account got deactivated pending a report from a driver. I keep calling but they will not respond. I'm not sure what the report entailed or what the claims were about me. Any advice on what to do next?
For Uber to deactivate a rider, the source of all their revenues, you had to do something serious in violation of their policies. So, fess up, and tell us what you actually did to cause this deactivation.

Ssgcraig

The only time I had to report a rider was when I took 5 guys to a bar. One touched the back of my head, front seat pax acted like the car was his and wanted to control my stereo. The topper is when I go to let the two from the third row out and I find empty alcohol containers in the back and under my seat. Took them out, threw them towards the riders and then immediatly notified Uber. They suspend the account right away for something like that, on both sides.

Boca Ratman

Just wait, nothing else you can do. The driver something they consider serious and it has to be "investigated".

This takes time, they will contact you in a few days/week

Unleaded

Initially, you may want to determine for yourself what you may have done which may have been an Uber policy violation. For example, if you arranged for an unaccompanied minor to take an Uber ride, and, in the process, you gave the driver a hard time or your minor may have given the driver a hard time or was disrespectful to the driver, then you can rest assured that this was one primary reason for your rider account to be deactivated or terminated. If that was the case, I say “BRAVO!!!” To Uber Support. It should happen more often! Check the list of Uber’s policies and you will become a well informed consumer and probably get your answer on your own.

Ssgcraig

Oh, you assaulted the passengers? Yeah, that's COMPLETELY acceptable.

Your poor life choices amuse me.
You didn't understand the word towards did you. It was a gesture to ensure they understood that leaving empty alcohol containers in my car jeopardizes my license if I were to be pulled over. I doubt anything that I do amuses you.

ontothenext

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. Honestly, I have read the policies and I do not remember doing anything along the lines of assault or near that. I'm just sorry to have lost access. Greatly appreciated the drivers I have experienced.
Uber support reached out and I've called back several times with no answer. Now, the contact number provided is not longer in service. I'll keep waiting.

ontothenext

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just activate a Lyft account like all the other Uber pax that have had their accounts deactivated?
Thank you. I did. I was just curious what happened. Pretty surprised as I loved Uber.
Post automatically merged:

For Uber to deactivate a rider, the source of all their revenues, you had to do something serious in violation of their policies. So, fess up, and tell us what you actually did to cause this deactivation.
I'd love to fess up but they've got me on this one!

SuzeCB

Thanks everyone. Honestly, I have read the policies and I do not remember doing anything along the lines of assault or near that. I'm just sorry to have lost access. Greatly appreciated the drivers I have experienced.
Uber support reached out and I've called back several times with no answer. Now, the contact number provided is not longer in service. I'll keep waiting.
Just curious. We see screen shots of what U/L sends drivers all the time here, so that the situation can be better understood. Do you have one?