Uber support is AWFUL

Stephls88

8 days ago I went to the ER with all the symptoms. They tested me and ordered me to self quarantine. I even have documentation of that which I’ll attach below. I am still waiting on my results btw. I uploaded my document to Uber and they said I would have money 2 days later. 4 days later I did not. I called them and they said they are giving out a lot of money to a lot of people and there is no estimate anymore. I asked to confirm that I submitted the correct documentation. They said yes. This morning I receive a message saying it doesn’t meet the criteria because there is no where it says to quarantine. I literally circled and starred it and said what do you think is missing?! It says it right there. Someone messaged back and said we do not see anything that says you were tested. Please look at this and tell me if I’m stupid?!?! Like what the heck?! I then called support saying due to covid-19 live agents are no longer available 24/7 only Monday through Friday 10am-6pm 🤬🤬🤬
1F0FA7B1-0B45-4C64-9C6A-9AD60A4E5558.jpeg

UbaBrah

Support has all but vanished. I uploaded documents days ago, still says "pending". I chased them up about it and they finally told me they would "expedite things" and that was 2 days ago with still no results.

But I thought Uber only pays you in the event of a confirmed case. Plus you need to have driven a fair bit lately, so that they know what an average payday looks like for you. But of course, they are dragging their feet on that, knowing full well people's earnings will have tanked lately what with less pings.

TemptingFate

Hi Stephis88.
Welcome to UP.net.

Yes Uber support is awful, always has been, and getting worse. The Philippines call center is probably under coronavirus lockdown itself.

You should probably delete your name in the attached document for your own privacy.

You may not meet the criteria for Uber because you have not been asked to personally isolate due to specific risk of coronavirus transmission. Also, the form you provided was not signed.

Good luck. Hope you don't have corona and will feel better soon.

Uber criteria:
"You are diagnosed with COVID-19;
You are placed in an individual quarantine by a public health authority;
You are personally asked by a public health authority or licensed medical provider to self-isolate due to your risk of spreading COVID-19 or;
Your account is restricted by Uber as a result of information provided by a public health authority that you have been diagnosed or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19.

In order for Uber to confirm your eligibility, you will need to submit either:
Documentation from a licensed medical provider or public health authority with a diagnosis of COVID-19;
orAn order by a licensed medical provider or public health authority requiring you to self-isolate due to your risk of spreading COVID-19. The documentation must specifically reference your risk of spreading COVID-19 as the reason for self-isolation. "

Stephls88

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It does not say you have the virus. It says you have been tested and waiting for the results . Uber plays with that .
Which is so ridiculous. Here’s a screenshot of their criteria.
Post automatically merged:

Support has all but vanished. I uploaded documents days ago, still says "pending". I chased them up about it and they finally told me they would "expedite things" and that was 2 days ago with still no results.

But I thought Uber only pays you in the event of a confirmed case. Plus you need to have driven a fair bit lately, so that they know what an average payday looks like for you. But of course, they are dragging their feet on that, knowing full well people's earnings will have tanked lately what with less pings.
I drove 6 days a week for 2.5 years before that. No their criteria even says asked to self quarantine. Here’s a pic of it

Hi Stephis88.
Welcome to UP.net.

Yes Uber support is awful, always has been, and getting worse. The Philippines call center is probably under coronavirus lockdown itself.

You should probably delete your name in the attached document for your own privacy.

You may not meet the criteria for Uber because you have not been asked to personally isolate due to specific risk of coronavirus transmission. Also, the form you provided was not signed.

Good luck. Hope you don't have corona and will feel better soon.

Uber criteria:
"You are diagnosed with COVID-19;
You are placed in an individual quarantine by a public health authority;
You are personally asked by a public health authority or licensed medical provider to self-isolate due to your risk of spreading COVID-19 or;
Your account is restricted by Uber as a result of information provided by a public health authority that you have been diagnosed or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19.

In order for Uber to confirm your eligibility, you will need to submit either:
Documentation from a licensed medical provider or public health authority with a diagnosis of COVID-19;
orAn order by a licensed medical provider or public health authority requiring you to self-isolate due to your risk of spreading COVID-19. The documentation must specifically reference your risk of spreading COVID-19 as the reason for self-isolation. "
That is literally what the hospital gave me. No ER doctor here in FL is personally signing that. They are too swamped and busy to bother with that.They just give that. I told the doctor exactly what I needed and he said that’s what hospitals in FL are giving out

Attachments

Daisey77

It looks like all that needs to be added is the reason they put you in quarantine. Which is, possible Coronavirus and you're at High risk of spreading it to others. Just know whatever you submit is going to be wrong. They're being advised I'm sure to deny every claim possible. They definitely did not anticipate this many people being affected and it's going to be hitting their pockets big time. Not to mention the loss of revenue from rides being down. I can almost guarantee on April 2nd or April 6th when they re evaluate their financial assistance, it will be taken away or only offered to those with a diagnosis.

Stephls88

It looks like all that needs to be added is the reason they put you in quarantine. Which is, possible Coronavirus and you're at High risk of spreading it to others. Just know whatever you submit is going to be wrong. They're being advised I'm sure to deny every claim possible. They definitely did not anticipate this many people being affected and it's going to be hitting their pockets big time. Not to mention the loss of revenue from rides being down. I can almost guarantee on April 2nd or April 6th when they re evaluate their financial assistance, it will be taken away or only offered to those with a diagnosis.
Yeah it says on the paper pending covid-19 testing. So they know it’s because I was tested. I haven’t heard of anyone actually receiving any money for financial assistance. So they are probably not paying it out

Stephls88

This is typical of Uber/Lyft. They make bombastic claims, but, it is all virtual mouth and no actual money.

"Move along, folks, nothing to see here..............................."

...........and Original Poster, welcome to YouPeaDotNet.
I keep seeing reports of this everywhere. On their Facebook page there are dozens of people saying the same. They show their documentation but no one has actually been paid the assistance

Illini

First, I hope you recover quickly.
By now, you have figured out that their financial assistance claim was purely for PR.
They have ZERO intention of giving money to non-employee drivers, and they are under no legal obligation to do so.
Since they don't believe that you have or may have Coronavirus, you should just continue driving. No rider will be able to complain to Uber about you since Uber has already stated by not approving your claim that they don't believe you are infected.

ANT 7

Based on what you have requested, you should read other thread here about driver's who successfully got claims processed. And then they got permanently deactivated.

I am not insulting you, I am merely going to state that it is naive to think that a company with a track record of lying, deceit, and fraud towards it's driver's would actually want to pay out on this program considering the financial risk. They cannot afford it, and never intended to do good by it from day one..

LyftUberFuwabolewa

Yeah, you clearly qualify.

Have you ever noticed how some companies in their advertisements mention that they have “US based” support?

Apparently there’s a slight difference in the quality of customer support when it’s overseas-based rather than US-based.

Perhaps you’re noticing that slight difference.

Stephls88

First, I hope you recover quickly.
By now, you have figured out that their financial assistance claim was purely for PR.
They have ZERO intention of giving money to non-employee drivers, and they are under no legal obligation to do so.
Since they don't believe that you have or may have Coronavirus, you should just continue driving. No rider will be able to complain to Uber about you since Uber has already stated by not approving your claim that they don't believe you are infected.
I can’t drive they temporarily deactivated me for the medical reason. They did that immediately

Based on what you have requested, you should read other thread here about driver's who successfully got claims processed. And then they got permanently deactivated.

I am not insulting you, I am merely going to state that it is naive to think that a company with a track record of lying, deceit, and fraud towards it's driver's would actually want to pay out on this program considering the financial risk. They cannot afford it, and never intended to do good by it from day one..
I’m beginning to realize that with dozens and dozens of comments I’ve seen on their Facebook as well

Stephls88

If they deactivated you due to quarantine recommendation then they sure as hell should pay you the promised support.
Yeah no kidding. That’s why I keep pushing it with them. There’s another guy who posted similar and they didn’t reactivate him. They say it’s a 14 day hold and the guy sent proof that a doctor released him from quarantine and they didn’t. He’s on day 21

Crosbyandstarsky

8 days ago I went to the ER with all the symptoms. They tested me and ordered me to self quarantine. I even have documentation of that which I’ll attach below. I am still waiting on my results btw. I uploaded my document to Uber and they said I would have money 2 days later. 4 days later I did not. I called them and they said they are giving out a lot of money to a lot of people and there is no estimate anymore. I asked to confirm that I submitted the correct documentation. They said yes. This morning I receive a message saying it doesn’t meet the criteria because there is no where it says to quarantine. I literally circled and starred it and said what do you think is missing?! It says it right there. Someone messaged back and said we do not see anything that says you were tested. Please look at this and tell me if I’m stupid?!?! Like what the heck?! I then called support saying due to covid-19 live agents are no longer available 24/7 only Monday through Friday 10am-6pm 🤬🤬🤬
View attachment 439277
Well. They aren’t working at call centers right now either. That’s too many people. You’ll have to wait . They will get to it. I’m sure the people they’re dealing with is insane