Uber Strike on 5/15*/17 - Brought to you by local rideshare competitor

Trebor

I blocked his picture since it includes his wife, but as many of you may know already, (mods may not know) Michael Vayner is head of Houston/Galveston operations so I feel leaving his name is very relevant.

I have not heard of a strike going down on 5/16 and this begs the question if getme is behind this newest attempt.

To my fellow drivers:
I will join you in this strike, but if the surge comes on at the airport. Bye!

Pic may be blurry but this is what it says:

"So, over the last few days I have been told that there is a Strike against Uber happening at the Airports on 5/16/2017 at 3PM. Wether this is going to happen or not is to be seen. But if you want to be proactive and tell the customers who you drive to the airport about getme and what might happen on Tuesday to save them some trouble please go ahead and give them this promo."

UsedToBeAPartner

That would be about right.....The best the Houston Uber drivers can do is strike on a Tuesday when no one really cares anyway! I heard it would be some Friday evening in May. Tuesday would be a complete joke! Maybe that's not the date and the genius Houston drivers are feeding incorrect information to see where it shows up. If so, Genius! If I can ever get my destination filter to work you may find me at the IAH TNC trying to find the truth.

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkshy77

Who is doing $1.33 rides?

Who is doing $1.33 rides?
Profit after taxes gas? Love to see this... Can't wait to see the look on the Nigerian faces when you walk around trying to tell him to turn off the app. If the que drops under 50.

Trebor

Profit after taxes gas? Love to see this... Can't wait to see the look on the Nigerian faces when you walk around trying to tell him to turn off the app. If the que drops under 50.
lol, when that surge turns on, there will be 100 drivers back in queue. But then again, that means uber gave in and raised prices right?

I want to see the organizers blocking the exit.

I'll tell you what though. I am going to my "real" job early Monday so I can get off early if I see some surging down at the airport come 3pm.

yamafx4dude

But at the same time I am telling Uber, "I have no problem working if my rates were doubled"
They arent going to double rates, thats for sure. But getting .25 cents more a mile for leaving ubers customers stranded is a more realistic outcome.

Lelekm

I like the sentiment. Would love to see drivers actually unite and take a stand together. I don't drive Uber at 3pm weekdays, so carry on, and good luck!

UsedToBeAPartner

This appears to be poorly planned, poorly written and asking too much for Uber to even be able to respond. Without some kind of backing it has no hope of accomplishing anything. I have been to IAH several times this week and have never seen this flyer or heard anyone talk about it. The Greenlight Uber folks were back in the lot this afternoon so I suspect they now know about it first hand. With nearly 30,000 Uber drivers and the majority unaware of anything going on, if a surge happens there will be a swarm of drivers heading to IAH to take advantage of the situation having no idea that they should not be. I wish them all the luck in the World and I will honor this protest by turning off my app should I be near IAH and I hope everyone reading this will do the same. If we could actually get some sympathetic press coverage (that might be the hardest part) it could have some ripple effect down the road. I am not sure that the timing is right with Austin currently working on Statewide legislation to create a level playing field for TNC operations throughout Texas. If the press coverage is negative (they are certainly going to talk to the folks who can't get a rid from from IAH) if may backfire on all of us.

Trebor

They arent going to double rates, thats for sure. But getting .25 cents more a mile for leaving ubers customers stranded is a more realistic outcome.
I am saying when the surge rate comes on at the airport..

UsedToBeAPartner

The 2 have never been related. The rate drop had nothing to do with the cost of fuel. Uber first claimed they were reducing prices temporarily during the Winter slow times. Then they lowered the rates claiming we would all make more money with more riders at lower fares.