Uber stock a loser

vegasman18

After diligent research decided not to buy Uber stock at IPO price offered to drivers.We are suckers enough with Uber taking such a big cut and now we should enrich all the executives and investors who are cashing in their convertible stocks etc. Uber will only make money once they screw us more and the ultimate screwing will be autonomous vehicles taking our jobs and that’s what they look forward too and couldn’t give a crap about the average man making a living! Stock opened below IPO and that’s the street saying Uber you an unprofitable loser prove yourself first!

gerg

After diligent research decided not to buy Uber stock at IPO price offered to drivers.We are suckers enough with Uber taking such a big cut and now we should enrich all the executives and investors who are cashing in their convertible stocks etc. Uber will only make money once they screw us more and the ultimate screwing will be autonomous vehicles taking our jobs and that’s what they look forward too and couldn’t give a crap about the average man making a living! Stock opened below IPO and that’s the street saying Uber you an unprofitable loser prove yourself first!
Ubers playing drivers like a violin. How hard will it be for Uber to make a profit when drivers work for free, and pax are willing to pay more?

daveinlv

As for autonomous cars, I believe I'm gonna be long dead and cremated before true autonomous cars take over from human drivers. Hint: I'm 69 years old.. I believe Uber could be quite profitable IF it quit blowing the money we make for
them on pie-in-the-sky bullshit ideas. A properly managed Uber, I believe, could pay drivers a fair amount AND make a
profit for its stockholders, but the morons running it don't seem to be able to....

gerg

As for autonomous cars, I believe I'm gonna be long dead and cremated before true autonomous cars take over from human drivers. Hint: I'm 69 years old.. I believe Uber could be quite profitable IF it quit blowing the money we make for
them on pie-in-the-sky bullshit ideas. A properly managed Uber, I believe, could pay drivers a fair amount AND make a
profit for its stockholders, but the morons running it don't seem to be able to....
Uber will cut your wages, raise pax fees. Uber has built its base both with drivers and pax. But enjoy your day in your car.

UbeRoBo

Only a fool with invest in Uber. For this money pit to be given an 80 Billion $ evaluation is beyond nonsense. It's going to end up being one of the biggest corporate scams since Enron. The public was just defrauded of $80 billion. WOW is all I can see. You know what they say about a fool and their money.

gerg

I understand the potential, but it's way outside my comfort zone. No tengo cajones.
It's about potential, and a little time. Lyft and Uber are apples and oranges, but I like ubers position simply because they can easily turn a profit. 14mil rides a day, if they steal 50¢ a ride from you, and $1.00 a ride from pax that's over $7 bil. Which is very very doable.
Post automatically merged:

The thing that disappointed me was that normally once the IPO price is set there's a two to four hour window where the big money bids it up usually 10-15% higher then the stock opens. But today the opposite happened, all the big money was already in, along with the fact this is the worst week of the year in the market.

Last edited:

UbeRoBo

It's about potential, and a little time. Lyft and Uber are apples and oranges, but I like ubers position simply because they can easily turn a profit. 14mil rides a day, if they steal 50¢ a ride from you, and $1.00 a ride from pax that's over $7 bil. Which is very very doable.

The thing that disappointed me was that normally once the IPO price is set there's a two to four hour window where the big money bids it up usually 10-15% higher then the stock opens. But today the opposite happened, all the big money was already in, along with the fact this is the worst week of the year in the market.

Bingo! You got one thing right...they $$$ is going to come out of the drivers pockets. Pay and terms will continue to get worse. Just when you think the race to the bottom can't get any worse. Brace for the next kick in the nutz.

ValleyCockroach43892

Today was a disaster for Uber. They didn't even get the pop most IPO's get on their first day. Even Lyft got a pop.

The negative publicity Uber got from the strike definitely spooked investors some. No doubt Lyft's poor performance spooked investors the most.

I don't care what anyone says the strike was a success. It was a major story on every news broadcast the week Uber went public. That is enough of a win for me.

gerg

ROFLMAO, tell that to a guy who bought LYFT stock at $88 in 1st 2 minutes of LYFTs IPO open? problem with the ground floor is no one knows where it is?jmo
Lyft and Uber are apples and oranges. Even Lyft will get back over whatever price anyone paid.

Today was a disaster for Uber. They didn't even get the pop most IPO's get on their first day. Even Lyft got a pop.

The negative publicity Uber got from the strike definitely spooked investors some. No doubt Lyft's poor performance spooked investors the most.

I don't care what anyone says the strike was a success. It was a major story on every news broadcast the week Uber went public. That is enough of a win for me.
Yeah the strike did it. Wow.

jjub40

Agree

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
The hyperbole here is amazing. This is one day, people, and a very bad day for the market overall. Give it time before you make a judgement. I personally feel Uber has way better growth potential than Lyft, especially worldwide, and they will flip and go profitable at some point. Taxis are profitable.

I also find it interesting that the OP waited until the day of the IPO -- possibly after the stock started trading -- to come out against buying stock. Hmmm.

Drivincrazy

Plus, there are very convincing essays by experienced analysts on Yahoo Finance, MarketWatch and elsewhere that explain in detail why to not buy U n L stock. The big investors already know this stuff.
One analogy has Uber being worth what it cost them to get where they are...about 22 billion.
So, wait until it goes down...maybe buy at 35 then 30 then 25, etc. Dara said it's going to be 3-5 years before profits come if they do. The natives will get restless long before that. Let's see what the price is after the lockup period is over when there might be a mad rush to sell by insiders.
This stuff sure is interesting.

ValleyCockroach43892

Lyft and Uber are apples and oranges. Even Lyft will get back over whatever price anyone paid.

Yeah the strike did it. Wow.

Learn how to read, I said SOME. Greed and fear drive the stock market. Bad news no matter how small never helps a stock. So even if it hurt it a little bit it's still SOME.

Taxi2Uber

And that's the point. Where's the win?
Nothing improved for the driver.
The "strike" was about disgruntled drivers having an opportunity to "stick it" to Uber and their IPO.
It was never about improved working conditions, better earnings, cap, benefits, etc.
Seeing a failing Uber is the prize.
But that would likely lead to worse conditions and lesser earnings, etc.
Can't have both.

There are many, MANY, things wrong with Uber.
But Uber has been working for me so far, and I hope it continues to work.
At some point, it may not, and I'll move on.
If there was a movement to make real improvements, then I'll consider it, but that's not what this "strike" was about.

ValleyCockroach43892

And that's the point. Where's the win?
Nothing improved for the driver.
The "strike" was about disgruntled drivers having an opportunity to "stick it" to Uber and their IPO.
It was never about improved working conditions, better earnings, cap, benefits, etc.
Seeing a failing Uber is the prize.
But that would likely lead to worse conditions and lesser earnings, etc.
Can't have both.

There are many, MANY, things wrong with Uber.
But Uber has been working for me so far, and I hope it continues to work.
At some point, it may not, and I'll move on.
If there was a movement to make real improvements, then I'll consider it, but that's not what this "strike" was about.

Nothing will ever improve for the driver when we got guys like yourself who couldn't even strike for one day!

We know it's hopless striking for improvements when we can't even get drivers to take a lousy Wednesday off so the best we could do is try to hurt their IPO.