• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber still trying to lower my Gold status

It’s like they want me to drop to 85% !!!
16 minute ride , 8 miles away to go 9 minutes south. (Declined) ! 4.61 pax going 34 minutes west (Declined) 4.60 pax 7 miles away going 54 minutes northwest. (Declined) Anybody else with the same predicament??

drdisaster

Certainly is a Catch-22. You enjoy the perk of seeing details and screening rides. Do it too much and you lose the perk.
Post automatically merged:

I'll give them this much... this feature and the streak bonuses have definitely skewed my allegiance more to Uber than Lyft. Especially the part where you can't go offline during a streak. I've canceled plenty of Lyft rides well on my way because an Uber bonus rides popped up instead.

Bubsie

Not in the same predicament and never will be because my accpetance rate usually hovers around 15-20%. I never drive more than 2 miles to pickup and i never put dead miles on my car
Are you right in downtown Rochester? I will regularly go for 15 min+ pickups for the long distance fee out in my home area. I would have taken the 34 and 54 minute rides myself.

ET1062

Don't worry about Gold Status, it is a scam! Smart drivers who make money will never have an 85% acceptance rate.

Merc7186

Uber keeps telling me that I am soooo close to Gold status....except my mid 30s AR seems to prevent that.

Merc7186

So I am really bi-curious as to who has Uber Gold and how it has changed their lives for the better?

(Dont expect answers but we will see....)

Bubsie

So I am really bi-curious as to who has Uber Gold and how it has changed their lives for the better?

(Dont expect answers but we will see....)
I'm well over the point threshold but my acceptance and cancel rates are well above the requirements.

I'd rather wait for next year when we'll presumably get the full ride details prior to accepting the ping, like some In California are already seeing as a defensive manoeuver to AB5.

Full ride details being pickup and drop off point and estimated range of revenue for trip.

drdisaster

Uber Pro PLATINUM... yeah! Currently below the 85% AR, so not getting the "sneak peek" benefit, that's the only benefit I value. Everything else is just crap. "Congratulations! Here's a coupon for 5% off crap." Oh yeah, "Stop by Subway for a free drink. Any since you're Platinum, you also get a free cookie!" Woo hoo!

"Sneak Peek", as I call it, shows you something to the effect of:
5 minutes to your pickup.
20 minute ride southeast.

So, basically, it gives you a hint of generally how far you will be going and in which general direction, to determine if it's worth it. That's it.

So, yeah, it would be nice to see "15 min to pickup. 2 min ride north" and say HELL NO! Like I said though, do that too many times, your AR drops and you lose the "sneak peek"

Teach1

My acceptance rate 97%. The way I look at it if there is a long pickup it’s because there’s no drivers closer and there’s more business in that area. My weekly net 800-1100. Average 75-100 rides weekly

rideshare_driver_roc

I have diamond. I only occasionally see the direction and distance/time of the destination because I'm a little slow on the uptake.
I have taken some money losing requests to keep the status and free weekly sub, mainly because I don't pay enough attention to my current percentages to keep them top of mind so I know how many I can get away with declining or canceling.

I usually stick to the center of the city of Rochester so that I don't get a bunch of requests from far away.

Is there anything else?

Also, I plan to utilize the free ding repair for my "Uber Eats" car.

Teach1

Sometimes I don’t see time and distance either. But I essentially take every ride. If it takes me on long pickup it’s because there’s no drivers and 99% of time I get a another ride. I review my rides at end of night and say if I hadn’t taken this ride I wouldn’t have gotten this ride and I see the “chain” making 125-175 each day.

Merc7186

I thought you got dropped by Uber @Teach1 ? I could have sworn about a year ago you posted a thread about Lyft being better because you got deactivated.

Teach1

I did but took them to small claims court and they reinstated me. I just stated my case. They knew if I had taken before a judge he would have given the monetary reward also. Lyft was ok but uber is the king