• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber still trying to lower my Gold status

It’s like they want me to drop to 85% !!!
16 minute ride , 8 miles away to go 9 minutes south. (Declined) ! 4.61 pax going 34 minutes west (Declined) 4.60 pax 7 miles away going 54 minutes northwest. (Declined) Anybody else with the same predicament??

drdisaster

Certainly is a Catch-22. You enjoy the perk of seeing details and screening rides. Do it too much and you lose the perk.
Post automatically merged:

I'll give them this much... this feature and the streak bonuses have definitely skewed my allegiance more to Uber than Lyft. Especially the part where you can't go offline during a streak. I've canceled plenty of Lyft rides well on my way because an Uber bonus rides popped up instead.

Bubsie

Not in the same predicament and never will be because my accpetance rate usually hovers around 15-20%. I never drive more than 2 miles to pickup and i never put dead miles on my car
Are you right in downtown Rochester? I will regularly go for 15 min+ pickups for the long distance fee out in my home area. I would have taken the 34 and 54 minute rides myself.

ET1062

Don't worry about Gold Status, it is a scam! Smart drivers who make money will never have an 85% acceptance rate.

Merc7186

So I am really bi-curious as to who has Uber Gold and how it has changed their lives for the better?

(Dont expect answers but we will see....)

Bubsie

So I am really bi-curious as to who has Uber Gold and how it has changed their lives for the better?

(Dont expect answers but we will see....)
I'm well over the point threshold but my acceptance and cancel rates are well above the requirements.

I'd rather wait for next year when we'll presumably get the full ride details prior to accepting the ping, like some In California are already seeing as a defensive manoeuver to AB5.

Full ride details being pickup and drop off point and estimated range of revenue for trip.