Uber still trying to get more drivers

Euius

Just got a text (no email) where Uber will give me the standard referral bonus (which is $1k I think?) and then would double my earnings for the week of August 8, IF I referred four new drivers who each took at least one ride before August 20th. Those earnings would probably be $1k or so, although if I tried really really hard I might make $1500

Now, there's really no chance for me to take advantage of it, but it strikes me as odd that Uber is still looking to increase driver population so much that they're forking over even more cash for it.

Uberdancer

...Now, there's really no chance for me to take advantage of it, but it strikes me as odd that Uber is still looking to increase driver population so much that they're forking over even more cash for it.
...more drivers = lower rates, lower rates = more riders, more riders = $$$$$

ResIpsaUber

...more drivers = lower rates, lower rates = more riders, more riders = $$$$$
Perfect Uber logic. Meanwhile, I got the same referral incentive but am not the slightest interested in referring any of my friends as drivers. Too much smoke and mirrors. If they want to attract more drivers, they should increase the base fare and let the market sort itself out as far as rider/driver mix.

Euius

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if I stopped text messages if I would finally start getting email or it would just go completely silent

soupergloo

I wonder if I stopped text messages if I would finally start getting email or it would just go completely silent
I wouldn't opt out of texts if that's all you're getting if I were you. I opted out of emails last year because I got sick of all the driver referral bonus emails without realizing it would also opt me out of all of the other incentives as well and the way I got opted back in was suprisingly through a really creepy Uber chat representative when that was an option to contact Uber support.

Euius

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't remember opting out of email ever and searching my sent folder doesn't find anything, but thats exactly what happens to me. No incentives.

I did turn off texts at one point, but I remember turning them back on

Patrick Swayze

I wouldn't opt out of texts if that's all you're getting if I were you. I opted out of emails last year because I got sick of all the driver referral bonus emails without realizing it would also opt me out of all of the other incentives as well and the way I got opted back in was suprisingly through a really creepy Uber chat representative when that was an option to contact Uber support.
Creepy in what way?

manuella

If you have an iPhone it's not necessary to opt out of text message . Click on on details and simply switch "do not disturb mode on for their number " some incentives have been only sent as texts with a link to opt in

1Nation

I got it in email only, but that's probably because I opted out of uber texts today
I too only received the email and I've not opted out of the texts. Uber is definitely an enigma. I don't know anybody who'd do this gig, so the incentive will do me no good :-(