Uber stealing from Drivers - Fact! - turn off your app rather than use DF at sliced rates!

RadarRider

This whole deal where Uber is going to take %20-%50 of the pay you earn on Destination Mode/Filter trips is absurd.

Everyone should turn off the APP and call Uber and tell them what you are doing. Work for another company instead.

No matter where the money goes, it is stealing from the driver.
(Other drivers who get the money... a dollar a week think it is BS too.)

We pay the taxes, maintenance, tires, depreciation, gas, constant cleaning, and amenities, +++... and then they are going to STEAL a HUGE percentage of what is left for us to put food on the tables for our families. NO. NFW.

When One is pulled an hour or two away from home, One needs those DF's to 1) pay for the way back and 2) Not get pulled further from home. Especially after 10 hours of driving. I refuse to do it!

I will call Uber every night on my way home If I need DM mode and they are going to take a slice.

"I have an hour or two to get home, and I would have liked to work for Uber, but I will not because it is unethical for you to steal a percentage of my pay if I use the DF. " "I will turn on Lyft and use their Destination mode."

If you are in say Raleigh and need to get back to Charlotte... with DM you may get a ride in your direction. With out it, A local driver will get that possible ride instead. Since you are going home... you wind up not working at all and head home. Now Raleigh has one less driver. People in Raleigh will wait longer for a ride. So, wait times are actually HURT by this.

So, maybe it is too much but I am protesting this way. Even though support are idiots, I call in to let them know I would have worked, and why. I would rather eat the whole cost of the return than give them the satisfaction of STEALING what I earn. If everyone did this, maybe they would stop.

Nikki S

This whole deal where Uber is going to take %20-%50 of the pay you earn on Destination Mode/Filter trips is absurd.

Everyone should turn off the APP and call Uber and tell them what you are doing. Work for another company instead.

We pay the taxes, maintenance, tires, depreciation, gas, constant cleaning, and amenities, +++... and then they are going to STEAL a HUGE percentage of what is left for us to put food on the tables for our families. NO. NFW.

When One is pulled an hour or two away from home, One needs those DF's to 1) pay for the way back and 2) Not get pulled further from home. Especially after 10 hours of driving. I refuse to do it!

I will call Uber every night on my way home If I need DM mode and they are going to take a slice.

"I have an hour or two to get home, and I would have liked to work for Uber, but I will not because it is unethical for you to steal a percentage of my pay if I use the DF. " "I will turn on Lyft and use their Destination mode."

If you are in say Raleigh and need to get back to Charlotte... with DM you may get a ride in your direction. With out it, A local driver will get that possible ride instead. Since you are going home... you wind up not working at all and head home. Now Raleigh has one less driver. People in Raleigh will wait longer for a ride. So, wait times are actually HURT by this.

So, maybe it is too much but I am protesting this way. Even though support are idiots, I call in to let them know I would have worked, and why. I would rather eat the whole cost of the return than give them the satisfaction of STEALING what I earn. If everyone did this, maybe they would stop.
They do steal, bigtime and when I call them , it’s always”service fees” bullshit! I got 13$ for my last trip and Uber got 18$. Wasn’t their time or gas

I find it interesting how Uber hides behind the fact that drivers are NOT employee's, but contractors. Yet, they can arbitrarily lower rates and surges when you signed up with a certain expectation. You sign up when there is some protection against oversaturation by limiting the vehicles to being less than 10 years old, then they go and up it to 20 years. At least Lyft has gone in the opposite direction by limiting the subcompacts.
If drivers are "Contractors" than there should actually be a "contract" where certain terms and rates are honored by them for a definitive period of time, not changing them on a whim and pulling the rug right out from underneath their drivers. Give them time to make a decision if they are going to get screwed and give them time to find an exit before they have to take that massive pay cut.

RadarRider

It is like software. Just don't use it or do it if you do not agree... only you may starve if you cannot get work soon enough to eat.

Ubermcbc

Finally more and more people are getting awareness.

RadarRider

Let me clarify... Work for Uber like you regularly do, but when it comes time to go home and you need DM mode to get there... That is when you should go offline and call uber so they can see you driving, but not working for them... and explain why.

UberTrent9

You start and tell us how it worked for you?

RadarRider

I have been doing it. Every night I come home and cannot use the DM.
I do not really expect a change. But Uber would get the message if more people did that. I mean... how many articles or infos have you seen on this? If it is legal, then it is only because you have the option to opt out. It is so unethical. Blatantly more than anything else they have done.
In fact, I have recorded that last call. It is hilarious, if not pitiful... and 20 minutes long... or close to it. I would post it, but need to bleep out the names to protect the innocent and all.

It is all predictable. But your file is noted. It is a pain, but hey... I have all that spare time with out a pax, my dashcam is running, Lyft ain't getting me any rides in DM mode.. (sometimes they do, but it is less than 25% of the time.)

oh wait, that was rhetorical.... my bad.

PioneerXi

I’ve asked in a couple of other threads and have yet to see it posted.

Where, in your CURRENT terms of service does it specify that Uber can withhold earnings? And apply to other drivers?

Whilst I am in California, I don’t think it would pass scrutiny, but somewhere, other than an in app notification, there has to be a clause.

And if there isn’t, that’s (IMO) is your starting point to your states AG.

dryverjohn

I tell passengers how despicable Uber is for this practice, been receiving more $5 tips on Prius X rides lately. You are preaching to the choir, I agree 100%, which is why I call pax now and use the phone as my DF. F Uber!

RadarRider

I tell passengers how despicable Uber is for this practice, been receiving more $5 tips on Prius X rides lately. You are preaching to the choir, I agree 100%, which is why I call pax now and use the phone as my DF. F Uber!
Oh, maybe that is why I am getting more tips lately.

jlong105

Take it a step further and tell them you are driving for a competitor in that time because they do not reduce the DF rates.

RadarRider

Yes, I do that too, but seriously... the support person is indifferent... if even comprehending or listening. If I can find a simple free and safe audio editor, maybe I will post the call... but really... who wants to listen to it?

FLKeys

I’ve asked in a couple of other threads and have yet to see it posted.

Where, in your CURRENT terms of service does it specify that Uber can withhold earnings? And apply to other drivers?

Whilst I am in California, I don’t think it would pass scrutiny, but somewhere, other than an in app notification, there has to be a clause.

And if there isn’t, that’s (IMO) is your starting point to your states AG.

I don't have the with held DF in my market yet so I really don't know. What I do know is all the items I agreed to are available for review when I log in to my account from a computer. Under profile on the left side of the screen is a list of all the agreements/contracts. Not going to take the time to read them to see if it says anything in there about future rate changes or programs. Guessing it does some where. I currently have 12 items in my list.