• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber & Spotify partnership. Slap to the face of Uberdrivers

Pascal O.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I offered gum, I would also offer to take the trash from the wrapper but they would seem insulted, telling me they would put it in their purses or pockets. I would still find them in the door handles then.
Same here. Driving for Uber/Lyft has enlightened me on just how selfish & inconsiderate many ppl are. From ppl standing in a inconvenient spot expecting me to halt traffic just to pick them up, to leaving trash from bottles to gum wrappers in my car -- now I look behind the front seats after each pax drop -- to making me wait 8-10mins only to be heading down the road on a 2mile trip & NO TIP.

Oh well. Some $$ is better than no $$. Glad I only do this part-time:rolleyes:

I have offered this service for a long time via a backseat iPad, linked to my own music library -- but I think that allowing the passenger to control music via spotify is over the top, and makes working conditions even worse for drivers.

If Uber insists on this, I will remove the fuse for my car audio system...

No-tippers-suck

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH ALL COMMENTS THIS TIME !
sometimes it's like 50% 50% lol.. but this sounds like we all agree to 100% that none of us wants that spotify nonsense !

I just wrote earlier in another post what I am usually saying if someone touches my radio buttons (1 Star guarantee for the passenger) without asking me for permission first.
I mean I don't want to be a dick and if I have nice people that are in a good mood and I feel comfortable I do the best I can do but all this goes way to far !!!

Usually I would say: "This is not a party bus, also you didn't pay for a party bus, I want to feel comfortable and safe just as you want too.."

I have no Bluetooth or aux cable (gladly !!!) usually I make a sad face if someone asks me about it lol...... just to avoid a bad rating.
But if I had Aux, well depends on the people and their respect.
let's say long distance trip and some nice tunes in an acceptable volume - nothing against that !
but not those idiots that start getting loud and thinking they are sitting in a party bus.. no way !

No-tippers-suck

When I offered gum, I would also offer to take the trash from the wrapper but they would seem insulted, telling me they would put it in their purses or pockets. I would still find them in the door handles then.
same here bro'

Last week a guy that acted like a diva "do you have Water'? No sorry I don't do that anymore..
umm... what about gum? No sorry..
Then his friend from the rearseat gave him gum.. he seriously wanted to give me the wrapper and said,
can you trash that for me?
I said : seriously??? just put it in your pocket for now.

I saw later how he put it in the passenger door pocket.. thinking I didn't see it..
I knew the request was on the the other guys app and his behavior was absolutely friendly.. so I knew I can't blame him with a 1 star.

When we arrived and the frontseat idiot got out I kinda yelled, Hey Sir you forgot your phone.. he turned around (IDIOT!!!)
and then I said "oh no sorry I was just a gum wrapper.. then I threw it to the curb next to him.

Well I was thinking what if this idiot would have had an iphone 6plus ??
would I feel guilty bringing it to my "phoneguy ?"

Tough decision !

No-tippers-suck

Very dis-a-pointing :-O

I recently had a drunk but very nice guy that thought he was always giving tip thru the App, I said no that's not possible, sure you mean Lyft..
He's like "..no Uber !!!" and he showed me his app and then I saw oh yeah that's for "UBERTAXI" but we don't have it in LA, it's only in those cities where Uber X is still not allowed.

He said Oh man then I was a dick to all my friendly drivers?? I am so sorry..
I'm like "..don't worry you know we don't expect tip anyways, just be a nice person that's fine.."
He dropped a $10 !! :-D God bless him lol

chi1cabby

Secondly, such a move increases the passenger's expectations of an Uber driver. Which will cost drivers in the long-term -- especially those whose cars don't offer an aux since we are talking about cars btw 2005-2015 in most markets -- as they could get lower ratings & thus be deactivated
Excellent observation!
Drivers with cars without Aux Port or Bluetooth are screwed as they'll get lower Star Rating from the spoilt Paxs, and will be deactivated! Who needs such junkyard cars on Uber's platform anyway, right Uber?

pUber_driver

What about the additional data usage charges for those of who are using personal devices?????????????

Pre_uber: (_!_)
During_Uber: (_O_)

duggles

Excellent observation!
Drivers with cars without Aux Port or Bluetooth are screwed as they'll get lower Star Rating from the spoilt Paxs, and will be deactivated! Who needs such junkyard cars on Uber's platform anyway, right Uber?
Right? My nice, clean, roomy, AWD, black SUV that is 6 years old just won't cut it anymore. So much for a large, clean, plush, roomy ride that handles Colorado snowstorms like a beast... I don't have an aux so I'll just go @@@@ myself.

Actionjax

I got an email and had to sign an NDA last week on something they were doing here in this market. The Aux Jack was required to participate. Thing is here in Canada there is no Spotify. So not sure what they plan to do.

DriversOfTheWorldUnite

Right? My nice, clean, roomy, AWD, black SUV that is 6 years old just won't cut it anymore. So much for a large, clean, plush, roomy ride that handles Colorado snowstorms like a beast... I don't have an aux so I'll just go @@@@ myself.
that's right. you might as well drive it headfirst into the dump.

Pascal O.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I read BusinessInsider daily & it looks like they got our complaints from the Uberpeople forum about the recently announced Uber & Spotify partnership. Moreover, they actually quoted me twice :wink:

BusinessInsider article:

http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-spotify-deal-upsets-drivers-2014-11

Other Uberdrivers & I were also quoted by FastCompany too:

http://www.fastcompany.com/3038668/it-looks-like-uber-drivers-are-already-dreading-the-new-spotify-partnership

TheNextWeb article:

http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2014/11/17/think-ubers-deal-spotify-awful-idea/

Good to see the Uberdriver frustrations are picking up in the news!:smiles:

Last edited:

DriversOfTheWorldUnite

I read BusinessInsider daily & it looks like they got our complaints from the Uberpeople forum about the recently announced Uber & Spotify partnership. Moreover, they actually quoted me twice:wink:

BusinessInsider article:

hell yeah man I'm telling you this Uber driver revolution story is HOT. Everyone share it everywhere you can.

pUber_driver

I read BusinessInsider daily & it looks like they got our complaints from the Uberpeople forum about the recently announced Uber & Spotify partnership. Moreover, they actually quoted me twice :wink:

BusinessInsider article:

i wonder what the guys who tell drivers to just quit uber if we're gonna @@@@@ about uber have to say now. Good job guys !

Uber complainers: 1
Uber fan boys: 0