Uber Software Tracks Drivers

TheNJBen

Oh great now we're going to get texts that say "we detected a sudden stop on your last trip". Yea it's called shore driving with idiots who don't know where they are going and will slam on their brakes in the middle of the street to figure it out (I had one do that last night and then put his car in reverse .. I don't beep or yell at other drivers with pax but my pax did it for me on that case) and let's not forget pedestrians who think the right of way trumps the laws of physics. Speeding however won't be an issue ... Shore cops will ticket you for going 31 in a 25

Douglas

I believe this is more to avoid the taxi driver style of driving...(gunning it to hit the brakes hard at the next intersection).
More and more people complain about this with Uber, but unfortunately they get what they pay for. If you pay dirt cheap prices, you get a driver that doesn't speak english, someone who doesn't know the roads, and someone who really doest know how to drive a car.

Not that all of you guys drive like this.

TheNJBen

I've seen some doozies ... One driver lit up a cigarette with a mostly closed window right after dropping a pax in the middle of the street in front of a busy bar and another wobbling all over the road playing with his cell with pax in the car.

NJRed

"new software that aims to increase safety by analyzing data ... whether they're holding their phones when they drive."

I gotta love this part in particular. I finally decided to buy something to hold the phone after handling it for 2 years. A couple days in, I got an mail from Uber saying they noticed movement that might indicate I was holding the phone and suggesting I get something like what I had bought days before. Seems that unlike my old way, the holder was kind of vibrating and that triggered their concern. Just glad they are only testing this since quite obviously it doesn't work!

TheNJBen

I used to get that stupid phone movement thing every time I went over a bumpy road plus my phone is in a hanging cup holder ... I know that sounds weird but it has an open face with closed sides so police can't see it and it holds the phone right in front of me