Uber Shuttle at AT&T

financeguy13

$6 shuttle rides to Downtown Dallas from AT&T Stadium. First time I’ve seen this option. No surge. Does not default to Shuttle option. I wonder if riders are using this to get a group of 4-6 to Downtown for $6 and then taking X to their final destination for base/almost base rates. I’m guessing this option is only for Cowboys games. But will find out tomorrow after Big 12 Championship game.

FB8A932A-B758-4C7E-835E-4825C7B52C71.png
F22AA9A6-045A-45A7-A908-4BB844D84BDC.png
4920FD24-3BBC-4AB5-936D-ECC329F0F627.png

steveK2016

Yeah no worries right now. Just interesting. If it’s a growing trend I’d be concerned. Obviously Uber cutting into drivers business.

I mean why wouldn't someone with just a pax just order the shuttle for themselves? No surge after the cowboys game?

dirtylee

I like how those shuttles go to downtown instead of the hotels right down the street from Att staduim.

#professoruber

The shuttles were not active after the Big 12 Championship.

Anyone notice the bonus on the game was $5 per ride compared to the $10 per ride for the Cowboys/Redskins game. They didn't have their WIFI setup at Lot 15 as well which indicates that they knew the demand was going to be mediorcre.

My thoughts are that Uber has mastered their ability to report and analyze data to predict demand if a specific event is on there radar. I think Uber knows damn well the amount of drivers that are offline waiting for surge and what makes them go online. Between bonuses and knowing most drivers will bite at a 1.5-2x surge, they just sit back and watch the ants move around.

AnotherUberGuy

Do we even know exactly what this shuttle is? What vehicle is capable of taking 10 pax other than a big Ford Transport type of van?

I guess my impression was that this would be something operated by Uber employees or maybe a 3rd party contractor like the Roadrunner shuttles at TCU.

financeguy13

I guess my impression was that this would be something operated by Uber employees or maybe a 3rd party contractor like the Roadrunner shuttles at TCU.
Bingo. It’s meant to be a very cheap non-surge alternative for riders. If you want faster and direct drop offs you pay extra for that.

If driver gets $40 plus tips, that's not too bad.
No tips gonna happen on very cheap Uber trips! Whether Uber drivers or a 3rd party shuttle driver. It’s for people who want the cheapest.

steveK2016

$6 x 10 pax = $60 to drive from Arlington to Dallas. If driver gets $40 plus tips, that's not too bad.

Where does it say its $6 per pax? I just see $6 and 1-10 capacity. How does the app know if I have 1 or 10? X doesnt distinguish between 1-4 pax why would uber system change?

financeguy13

Where does it say its $6 per pax? I just see $6 and 1-10 capacity. How does the app know if I have 1 or 10? X doesnt distinguish between 1-4 pax why would uber system change?
I was thinking the same thing. As low as 60 cents a day, you can help transport a young millennial back to their home in Dallas...