Inshur

UBER SHUTDOWN

laudhh

They do realise they aren't forced to work for uber - it's their choice ...
agree, but the notion of workers rights is absolute madness, can u imagine having to supply your P45 to uber and they work out your shifts, when u can work and when not, so u get holiday pay ...gezz

Repoman58

agree, but the notion of workers rights is absolute madness, can u imagine having to supply your P45 to uber and they work out your shifts, when u can work and when not, so u get holiday pay ...gezz
True , that happens I'm off - quite happy to come and go as I please and work when I want ( not logged on for 3 weeks now )
I dont want workers rights - half the point of doing this job is my choice and freedom
Its the fact that it's the drivers choice to work for uber , they aren't forcing drivers to work for them , just the hordes do - you cant complain when it's your choice ; it's not like they dont tell you what the rates will be from the start !

Shaykhwaz

This is a very unfortunate situation , a small number of people are screwing things up for the majority, if the vast majority of drivers are happy with the present Uber model then that’s the way it should be !

laudhh

This is a very unfortunate situation , a small number of people are screwing things up for the majority, if the vast majority of drivers are happy with the present Uber model then that’s the way it should be !
well that's the problem UPHD the union has supposedly been brought in to protect us drivers from uber etc, they have taken upon themselves to speak on our behalf because that is their modus operandi even thou they could in reality, damage our way of making a living

voodooman

Total shitdown!! (sic) Lovely no crashes that day..hey being serious another couple from last night doing the rounds ..there must be brown envelopes flying around TFL to allow this model of staring at phones and ferociously hitting accept buttons.

Its got to the stage that when I see a car with a roundel near me its like being near a foreign lorry on the motorway I am very very wary...seriously ,no wind up

laudhh

@@@ uber feeling working as a slave
why don't u grow up ... I used to wash dishes then you know what it likes working as a slave . do you have any idea how many there are out there only wishing they could do what we do, but for one reason or another they cant, could be licence problems anything ... your problem is you take life for granted

Jack Barclay

Bit like when Uber forced in the language test and congestion charge

Andreas0001

Who told you that? A small number? Screwing things up?

laudhh

Who told you that? A small number? Screwing things up?
yes a small number of people, look at it this way if u were working at a small/large minicab office what do u think they would do with your arguments, nothing,you'd be chucked out

Andreas0001

i cannot stress highly enough, that as many of you as possible go pick up and read or even re-read brave new world.

The more I read on this forum and see out and about the more I despair. The distinction of what we once had in this country not that long ago, to what we have now and are headed for quite soon is mind blowing.

I actually cannot envisage this planet being in existence inside the next quarter of a millennium.

We are a busted flush and all because we cannot resist fiddling and tampering with things that are not broke.

Shame on every uber driver who feeds the devil and shame on every uber customer doing likewise.

Commiserations to the taxpayer who funds drivers who 'don't fancy logging in for 3 weeks'

The social predestination room is Where the action will be and the epsilon minus crew will serve the Uber's of tomorrow readily.

I'm glad I won't be around to see it but sickened my offspring will, although the chances of them rearing there families on this ever more third world cesspit island are remote, that at least is of solace to me.

Some of us remember when our country was far more pleasant, just and safer to live.

When your wages could sustain your family and your neighbours were not terrorists in waiting who despise your way of life.

When national pride and patriotism was not immoral or illegal.

When free speech and freedom of thought existed and everywhere you went there was space and traffic free.

When you did not have to surrender your culture and way of life to newcomers and criminals were treated with incarceration etc etc

We have lost it all and we are so very much worse off for it. I love contribution from Hitchens below. I disagree with him on stuff but on this he was bang on and spoke for me and the rest of our people.

Classic far right demagoguery.

laudhh

Look.u can argue about rights an UHPD say strike all they want , and suckers follow suit

But its those rights which they argue for that us drivers want to be employed and regarded as such ... but the uncomfortable reality is with rights comes responsibly, when an employer requires your services then you respond

You see UHPD doesn't care about the outcome and what it would mean in restrictions for uber drivers, all they want is to be looked at as important and enough that drivers will join their membership, by saying look at what we doing on your behalf , but in truth there actions can put each and every driver in a position they coudnt countenance