Uber should give us a better chance at tax deductions.

Drivers should be able to have the option to give donation rides from an address they choose although it should and could help there “Uber Business accounts” as they are over charging them anyways. Then we get a nice write off at that point. The algo would need to be adjusted to not just gets pings from that place for them.

Any thoughts?

SatMan

And when word gets out to the public about the spots......You'll be giving a lot of free rides to free loaders.....You have not lived in Chicago too long, have you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wrong, my whole 35+ years of it here. It should only to be used as a business Uber account. Address is connected to local driver of address of the drivers choice only also being very local to that address is also a standard to ping drivers to the location of there own choice. As Uber is a “tech” company, make them adjust to certain things instead of complaining about stuff with NO solution to the problem. Seems pretty simple to me as they pay there developers enough to scam everyone from the algo week by week in there updates.

Wouldn’t you think after all the bad images these “tech” companies face it would be a kind gesture to offer something useful to the public that they conduct business in?

OP-Matt

You give paxholes a lot of credit they most certainly do not deserve.
If you want to give someone a charity ride, maybe go over and drive a van for PACE?

It’s not like I want to, trust me I understand the drivers side far more than riders side, but every once in a while in good deeds. So a nice ride that will help your bottom line is also important. Giving back sometimes is a nice gesture. Giving back as a company should be something that we ALL do. Nobody is exempt from that list. Or we can possibly one day have nothing in rideshare anymore. Hence that word “share”.

SatMan

Wrong, my whole 35+ years of it here. It should only to be used as a business Uber account. Address is connected to local driver of address of the drivers choice only also being very local to that address is also a standard to ping drivers to the location of there own choice. As Uber is a “tech” company, make them adjust to certain things instead of complaining about stuff with NO solution to the problem. Seems pretty simple to me as they pay there developers enough to scam everyone from the algo week by week in there updates.

Wouldn’t you think after all the bad images these “tech” companies face it would be a kind gesture to offer something useful to the public that they conduct business in?
I agree, but this "tech" company has other things on it's mind. To much effort for too little gain. Uber would still gouge the ride and the driver will only get paid base.
Post automatically merged:

We should get 80% of the ride and donate that. This is something I could live with!!!

@SatMan

I totally agree with you. I am no lawyer but I would be willing to bet. That if Uber had this kinda program set up, it would cost them money somehow so they choose to not listen to anyone about it because it doesn’t help them in anyway.

So that child I coulda pick up from the local cancer facility with the family included should have been surged 2x for a 2 mile ride?

Or that drunk chick flirting around while she is deciding where to go and no tax deduction?

It’s not about money at that point to me. Sorry. I would rather have the first company. I don’t care if it’s 4 seatbelts included.

OP-Matt

Actually...some googling...
Uber does appear to have a charity type program, at least in the Pacific Northwest:
Though it appears to be highly self serving, as it provides ride credits, which get people accustomed more to the idea of Uber (and more importantly, gets their name/credit card in the system) and probably gets more $$ from them in the future than the cost of the credits.

I'm all for giving. Trust me. It would be pleasant actually if U/L had some kind of driver side charity system built in. Perhaps "donate x% of your earnings to one of our selected charity partners automatically" or similar. Or maybe something similar on the rider side (maybe - round up your fare for charity?)

But when you are giving drivers less than 50% of the rider's fare, it's hard to be a good corporate citizen. Offering programs like I describe here would be yet another slap in the face.