Uber should add a temporary gas surcharge

atthehop

I just saw on ABC News, gas on the Tpke & GSP is going up 28 cents.

I think uber should put in a temporary gas surcharge and pass it on straight to the driver.

A lot of ants will be calling it quits soon at these prices
You can thank Harvey for vetting out many drivers.

reg barclay

I think uber should put in a temporary gas surcharge and pass it on straight to the driver.

I get the impression that the GSP stations don't change the prices as often as regular ones so I think they just raised it to around $2.85 which is in line with other gas stations,

Gas stations in NNJ are now around the same price as they were in 'NYC suburbs' prior to the increase and there were and still are enough ants in 'NYC suburbs', so don't worry.

IMHO it would take at least $4/gallon to make even a small noticeable change in the number of ants.

Last edited:

Uberfunitis

If they have a surcharge for fuel than they should discount the trip even further when fuel prices go down further than the start point for the surcharge.

kdyrpr

Like all suggestions that raise the fare price, unless LYFT does the same.....will never happen.

Lightning1181

And where is the loss in that? If the ants can't stand the heat, then get out of our kitchen. As I get 22+ mpg, I can withstand a temporary spike. Also, I am looking at the futures for October and seeing that, right now, they will be settling back at around $2.42 avg. Not perfect and not as inexpensive as they were 2 weeks ago, but better than the $2.73+ we are seeing now. If 15% of the ants died of starvation, so be it. It means that we will have more opportunities for making money as they die off.

Uber-licious

I get the impression that the GSP stations don't change the prices as often as regular ones so I think they just raised it to around $2.85 which is in line with other gas stations,

Gas stations in NNJ are now around the same price as they were in 'NYC suburbs' prior to the increase and there were and still are enough ants in 'NYC suburbs', so don't worry.

IMHO it would take at least $4/gallon to make even a small noticeable change in the number of ants.

The GSP and Tpke only change their prices on Fridays

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

My unofficial poll of gas prices in NJ tonight showed an average per gallon of $2.89 cash and $2.99 for credit cards. The lowest price I could find was Wawa in Hackensack at $2.61 cash or credit and Exxon in South Orange was $3.49 cash and $3.65 credit.