Uber SF Office Will Not Return Sunglasses...

groovyguru

I started an fb page for uBer passengers. A guy posted that uBer service is bad, that he had lost his sunglasses and they had not been returned. So I wrote him back, explaining there is friction between drivers and passengers, thinking that it was the driver, in this case, who would not return his stuff. I'm guilty of assuming the driver was the issue. (And assuming logistics, I would side for the driver by the way). Turns out the driver turned the glasses in to the San Fran uBer office. It probably took a lot of time out of his or her day. The driver really went the extra mile in this case. But the uber office, when he contacted them about arranging for his glasses to be returned, replied, as he recalls with his broken english spelling, with this, "their is not policy to return it back, I said to do shipment but they said shipment is also not in policy. It was not possible to get the glasses from uber office."

So all you who go out of your way to return items to your local uBer office are just going there on your dime to leave freebies for the local staff. Perhaps you should gift wrap the next thing you take back.

Tim In Cleveland

That's sick. They threaten us with deactivation for keeping items or charging to return them then fail to maintain an honest lost and found?
Riders, tip your drivers and they will return your stuff! Personally, I always say "Everyone got their phones?" as the exit so I don't have to come back with crap. I'm so NOT bothering for non-tippers. Their crud goes to the Uber greenlight station, the police department or a trash bin.

EX_

Dear pax:

Don't lose your ish in my car, because out the window lost property goes, Wheeeeee!!

Mars Troll Number 4

This is the worst part of driving for uber... Someone forgets something in my taxi... they can pay the meter to drive it back, or dispatches estimate... or i turn it in to the company lost and found.

For a 69c can of baked beans... they won't bother to pay me to drive it back... for an I-phone... they will pay...

How often do you think lost and found articles go in the trash at the company i drive for?

Never...

In my umpteen years how often have i had to drive lost or founds for free?

Once... they caught be before I hit the main road.

How many times has anyone EVER complained about having to pay way more than their original cab ride to return their possessions...

All the time ...(MUHUHUHUHAAHHA) just kidding most of the time people are thankful to get their valuables back at all..

Steven Ambrose

Look, I am going to put it out there. I am over 1000 trips in and 2 people forgot their phones during that time. One tipped $25 and the other $30. I was able to return it immediately to one of them, but I alerted another rider I was receiving trip requests, back to back to back. I let him know after I was done with the trip I would go offline and return his phone. He just wanted his phone back and he was not arguing with me. He knew that money had to be made and he was very good about that.

What pisses me off more than anything is when passengers play the game when they already know they got a cheap ride and they act like they are the only trip you had all day. This weekend alone, I had 40+ trips between UberEats and passengers. You are not the only person in the world. We can not monitor our cars at all times. If you are neglient and leave something, don't start bullying the driver to get your crap back, we are human beings too and we got your drunk or stoned butt home safely.

groovyguru

Look, I am going to put it out there. I am over 1000 trips in and 2 people forgot their phones during that time. One tipped $25 and the other $30. I was able to return it immediately to one of them, but I alerted another rider I was receiving trip requests, back to back to back. I let him know after I was done with the trip I would go offline and return his phone. He just wanted his phone back and he was not arguing with me. He knew that money had to be made and he was very good about that.

What pisses me off more than anything is when passengers play the game when they already know they got a cheap ride and they act like they are the only trip you had all day. This weekend alone, I had 40+ trips between UberEats and passengers. You are not the only person in the world. We can not monitor our cars at all times. If you are neglient and leave something, don't start bullying the driver to get your crap back, we are human beings too and we got your drunk or stoned butt home safely.
Dude, the driver in the case I started this thread went out of the way to return glasses. The rider was from India and long gone. He just wanted the glasses back and the complaint was on the SF uBer office, who had the glasses and would not make arrangements to send them back. It got me wondering how many drivers go out of their way to do the right thing and how many uBer reps at local offices just end up with really nice, free, stuff.

Steven Ambrose

Dude, the driver in the case I started this thread went out of the way to return glasses. The rider was from India and long gone. He just wanted the glasses back and the complaint was on the SF uBer office, who had the glasses and would not make arrangements to send them back. It got me wondering how many drivers go out of their way to do the right thing and how many uBer reps at local offices just end up with really nice, free, stuff.

Then it has to make you think another interesting fact. If the drivers are paid cheaply, then how horribly are the people in these field offices paid?

yojimboguy

It wouldn't surprise me a lot if the local Uber offices had zero budgets for packing or shipping lost passenger goods, which would mean that only through one of the staff ponying up personal funds could this thing be sent back. If that's the case, and I worked in the Uber office, I wouldn't pay to send sunglasses to India either.

steveK2016

Sounds like the Pax wanted it to be shipped. I doubt that Uber actually said they can't even come to pick it up, otherwise, why even admit to having them?

If you want something you lost, yea, it's gonna be an inconvenience for you to get it back but at least you will have the opportunity. I highly doubt Uber said "Yes, we have your sunglasses and No, there is absolutely no possible way for you to get them back"