• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber settlement

Oscar Levant

Has anyone gotten their check from the Uber arbitration lawsuit?
I got $89 I saw another check on this forum ( or somewhere ) for over $700 so I don't know how they are calculating the money. I feel gyped, if that guy got that much, and I"ve been here since the beginning, I should think I would have gotten more.

Blushark

My check was smaller than $13,000. Null is going to get the big pay-day someday. For now, I've got the money in the bank for a rainy day!

Poopy54

Are you all talking about the Lichten & Liss-Riordan, P.C. suit?
Curious why the amounts are so different

Null

We’re you part of the Class that Opt-Ed Out?
Guarantee he was not. Only 5k drivers total were part of the opt out class and submitted claims.
Post automatically merged:

My check was smaller than $13,000. Null is going to get the big pay-day someday. For now, I've got the money in the bank for a rainy day!
One of the class members filed an appeal. Who knows when that someday will be.

Are you all talking about the Lichten & Liss-Riordan, P.C. suit?
Curious why the amounts are so different
It's confusing because LLR firm is handling arbitration cases AND a class action.

If you are in the non-arbitration group, you would know.

Null

I am....many emails for the quoted amounts and a non disclosure letter etc. Just curious if there was an appeal made by that driver, how @Blushark already has his, and no one else has
I'll make it real easy for you. You are not in the non-arbitration class.

You're in the arbitration class, as was Blushark.

No one in the non-arbitration class has received anything about non disclosures, or checks. There is an appeal field, so everything is on hold until the appeal is finished.

Austyleland

There are 2 arbitration cases being handled by LLR Firm.
One is for those drivers who opted out of the arbitration clause. If you were in this group you would get .37 per mile for on trip miles.

The other was for drivers who didn't opt out and would have had to go to arbitration
Uber agreed to pay .11 per mile for on trip miles. This was roughly about 60000 drivers potentially. You can email LLR Firm and ask if you are apart of one of these.

Also the amounts per driver will vary of you don't drive much or if you drive alot.

I got $89 I saw another check on this forum ( or somewhere ) for over $700 so I don't know how they are calculating the money. I feel gyped, if that guy got that much, and I"ve been here since the beginning, I should think I would have gotten more.
What was the 89 from?

Last edited:

Ambiguous

There are 2 arbitration cases being handled by LLR Firm.
One is for those drivers who opted out of the arbitration clause. If you were in this group you would get .37 per mile for on trip miles.

The other was for drivers who didn't opt out and would have had to go to arbitration
Uber agreed to pay .11 per mile for on trip miles. This was roughly about 60000 drivers potentially. You can email LLR Firm and ask if you are apart of one of these.

Also the amounts per driver will vary of you don't drive much or if you drive alot.

What was the 89 from?
the 0.37 cent a mile was a guess assuming a 50% claims rate, court documents show a 67% claim rate so this will knock it down to $0.26c a mille?

NCRBILL

Still looking for mine. The lawyer is making money just by keeping the money as long as he can before sending it out to us.

Poopy54

My understanding is that a driver contested the amount or something to that extent. Sucks because alot of drivers hoping for that holiday cash. Need to find this persons email and give them crap