Uber Service and booking Fee

homelessdriver

Are drivers ok with Uber taking more than half on short rides and up to 40% on mid-long rides?? this is ridiculous

TobiasBruckner

This isn’t a good example of what you’re referring to. The booking fee that you see goes towards their insurance. There are definitely other cases where they take a lot though.

dkcs

the only one happy about this is @MOJAVE MADMAN.. Others are ok with it like @Korean Ant but some are saddened about it.. Personally, im ok with it.. Im so happy that Uber makes more money then we do even though we provide the gas, car, wear and tear, etc etc.. I want to see the company grow and cant wait for the IPO release. LONG LIVE UBER!

This driver knows sarcasm...

SCdave

Do you carry commercial insurance? No

Do you do your own marketing? No

Would you have made anything without Uber? No

Did you read the terms of service before starting?
1.) Insurance. Don't need commercial but I carry and pay for Auto Insurance and TNC Endorsement.

2) Marketing - Yes, I do my own marketing. I also do my own branding of TNC. Not on Uber's Scale, obviously, but I do both. All drivers do this on a small scale individually and an Uber Scale Collectively.

3) Would I (any Driver) make anything without Uber? Why not?

If half the Uber Board of Directors and Upper Management didn't come to work for one week, what would happen to their business?

If half the Uber Drivers didn't work for one week, what would happen to their business?

LoveBC

1.) Insurance. Don't need commercial but I carry and pay for Auto Insurance and TNC Endorsement.

2) Marketing - Yes, I do my own marketing. I also do my own branding of TNC. Not on Uber's Scale, obviously, but I do both. All drivers do this on a small scale individually and an Uber Scale Collectively.

3) Would I (any Driver) make anything without Uber? Why not?

If half the Uber Board of Directors and Upper Management didn't come to work for one week, what would happen to their business?

If half the Uber Drivers didn't work for one week, what would happen to their business?
Your TNC endorsement just prevents your insurance company from cancelling you. It does not meet state requirements for ride for hire purposes.

Agree that most of Uber’s employees are a waste, but without Uber you’d just be a gypsy picking up hitchhikers.

SCdave

Your TNC endorsement just prevents your insurance company from cancelling you. It does not meet state requirements for ride for hire purposes.

Agree that most of Uber’s employees are a waste, but without Uber you’d just be a gypsy picking up hitchhikers.
1) TNC Insurance Endorsement is all I need to be legal. If I needed more, I would pay for it.

2) No I would not. Uber left Austin, TX for a 1 yr + and alternatives filled the void.

If Uber left the our LA/OC market next week. There would be a large void for sure.... but it would be filled by existing platforms and new ones.

Uber needs my vehicle and my butt driving it now and into the near future (my = drivers pural) more than we need Uber.

LoveBC

1) TNC Insurance Endorsement is all I need to be legal. If I needed more, I would pay for it.

2) No I would not. Uber left Austin, TX for a 1 yr + and alternatives filled the void.

If Uber left the our LA/OC market next week. There would be a large void for sure.... but it would be filled by existing platforms and new ones.

Uber needs my vehicle and my butt driving it now and into the near future (my = drivers pural) more than we need Uber.
Ok. Delete your app for a week and report back your earnings in seven days.

ivypiked

The oops my finger touched the screen on accident ride last night.

Attachments

• C22831B9-DD17-4AED-979C-395C56C68802.jpeg
    C22831B9-DD17-4AED-979C-395C56C68802.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 74

Woohaa

Everyone knows that Uber takes too large of a slice of driver earnings. A better question is how can drivers force them to takes less?

49matrix

the only one happy about this is @MOJAVE MADMAN.. Others are ok with it like @Korean Ant but some are saddened about it.. Personally, im ok with it.. Im so happy that Uber makes more money then we do even though we provide the gas, car, wear and tear, etc etc.. I want to see the company grow and cant wait for the IPO release. LONG LIVE UBER!
.......and how's that working for you now the share price is headed for the toilet?

hulksmash

I hate some of Uber’s practices too but you are not being practical. If You you were running your own private company you’d be paying a lot more in commercial insurance than what you pay for personal insurance plus TNC endorsement. You can argue as tip whether the entire $2-$3 booking fee is needed to pay the insurance but the point stands that if you collected the entire fare you’d need to save a portion of it to pay for insurance. The reason all you need is TNC endorsement to be legal is because Uber covers the rest.

49matrix

Are drivers ok with Uber taking more than half on short rides and up to 40% on mid-long rides?? this is ridiculous
View attachment 315218
I have never been able to figure out how Uber arrives at the "Service Fee". I have gone back over rides that have similar time and distance and the service fee is always different, sometimes making Uber's share of the ride greater than mine - surprise, surprise! I went to 'UBER MARKETPLACE" where such things are "explained" and read that it is calculated as the difference between what the "estimate" of the ride will be when the ping comes in and the actual driver's total at the end of the ride. That is Jackassery and purely an arbitrary figure that Uber's algorithm fabricates. Anyone out there can explain it any better?

LoveBC

I have never been able to figure out how Uber arrives at the "Service Fee". I have gone back over rides that have similar time and distance and the service fee is always different, sometimes making Uber's share of the ride greater than mine - surprise, surprise! I went to 'UBER MARKETPLACE" where such things are "explained" and read that it is calculated as the difference between what the "estimate" of the ride will be when the ping comes in and the actual driver's total at the end of the ride. That is Jackassery and purely an arbitrary figure that Uber's algorithm fabricates. Anyone out there can explain it any better?
Have you tried reading the terms of service you agreed to if you’ve gone online anytime after May 22nd 2017? It explains it all there. You get paid time and mileage rates plus base fare if it’s not zero in your market. Uber keeps the rest.