• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Select

Ketrel75

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
During a 9ers game at LEVI'S, not a single ping for select however I received a lot of LYFT LUX BLACK request. Is Uber getting rid of Select?

Daisey77

They're phasing it out for comfort. Confirmed from someone at the Hub. here in Denver it still seems to be somewhat of a popular choice. They've also moved it down to the last selection on the passenger app. so that doesn't help

Ballermaris

In Atlanta it is comfort. I discovered this while driving my recently acquired 2018 Jeep Wrangler, (used). It serves other purposes, so it has a 2 inch lift, larger off-road tires and is equipped with a 9,500 Smitty Built Winch and reinforced front brush bumper.

People who road in it were giving a lot of wows, including a couple going to a black tie dinner. Letting them out there, I towered over the usual ride share cars who desired no where to be near me since it has armored bumpers and side rails.

Daisey77

In Atlanta it is comfort. I discovered this while driving my recently acquired 2018 Jeep Wrangler, (used). It serves other purposes, so it has a 2 inch lift, larger off-road tires and is equipped with a 9,500 Smitty Built Winch and reinforced front brush bumper.

People who road in it were giving a lot of wows, including a couple going to a black tie dinner. Letting them out there, I towered over the usual ride share cars who desired no where to be near me since it has armored bumpers and side rails.
They already got rid of Select there or they still have it but no one uses it ? I drive select in my 4Runner with a 3-2 lift, a bull bar, and 33" A/Ts 😁

sellkatsell44

During a 9ers game at LEVI'S, not a single ping for select however I received a lot of LYFT LUX BLACK request. Is Uber getting rid of Select?
Still here.

I’ve ordered select before but noticed the vehicles are just as same as x if not shiettier.

For a Lincoln I can upgrade to black, why not?

or just take x.
FF0BF1DB-4F91-436D-AE01-5A403208C84F.png

sellkatsell44

Yup, no price difference for us, not even pool and x.

I used to take pool and give the difference plus tip but now i just take x and still tip the $5 minimum but, I don’t take it as much.

sellkatsell44

I love the nomenclature: "with professional drivers". As opposed to all other levels of our service "with non-professional drivers". That calls for a bumper or dash sticker for my X car: "Not the professional driver".

Always good to temper expectations.
I don’t even notice that tbh.

I’m very simple. Just in and out. No need for candy, music, water, whatever.

I also don’t care about the type of car usually but I was curious with select so I took it and it was same and once was even worse condition then x. Might as well take x.

ive also taken black, but this was when I didn’t have any other choice.

im not one for appearances, I know what matters.