Uber Select

UberFizzle

For those who drive UberSelect in Orange County, how is it? Busy enough, or not worth the investment? I assume you can accept both X and Select requests (though ideally, you probably should never do X when driving Select).

#professoruber

Not in Cali, but in my opinion, it is not worth it. I do run XL and Select. 80% of rides are XL with 10% being select and the other 10% being X surge.

This is with a 18K investment. $20K+ car on Select or XL is idiotic at these rates. My $18K investment is borderline with the gas prices rising.

Uncle-not-Ant

My Select experience has been less than stellar recently.

Hoping The Grove Area picks up again. Waiting for other well known drivers to post some big rides around the Grove, so I know to fire up the Q7 and start raking in big bucks over there again.

It is awesome when our UP members post their huge in app and cash takes from around The Grove and share their rides with others.

If you are a Select or Sometimes SUV driver in or around The Grove, keep us all up to date on your market trends, so we can all jump in and share in your success some more.

20180429_175912.jpg

More of this please, it will help more drivers jump into the vast Select market in and around The Grove.

Uncle-not-Ant

Oh good, make sure its comfortable for sleeping

And also that the drivers seat has room fore expansion.

You will be sitting on your A a lot waiting for a ping...your A will expand...best make sure the seat will continue to accomodate it.

42o driver

The higher the platform the least amount of time u will be driving. The real work in these platforms is not driving but the waiting part...
The higher the platform the more time u will wait for a ping...
You will make more but then again ur expenses are just as much...
If u can thug it out n be online for like 12+ hrs each day...some days u will get few pings of shorties n make 50$ whole day...some days u will make 500$+...
If yall thinking of doing Select...
Trust ur UP member n listen to me...
*Get a used QX60 or MDX...(black color)
You are now ready for all platforms..
If ur going to invest money for a car to uber...at least try to maximize the most...
**From this day, you will never take X.
***Uber: XL, SELECT..
****LYFT: PLUS, PREMIER, LUX, LUX SUV.

thank u :smiles:

Kay1661

The higher the platform the least amount of time u will be driving. The real work in these platforms is not driving but the waiting part...
The higher the platform the more time u will wait for a ping...
You will make more but then again ur expenses are just as much...
If u can thug it out n be online for like 12+ hrs each day...some days u will get few pings of shorties n make 50$ whole day...some days u will make 500$+...
If yall thinking of doing Select...
Trust ur UP member n listen to me...
*Get a used QX60 or MDX...(black color)
You are now ready for all platforms..
If ur going to invest money for a car to uber...at least try to maximize the most...
**From this day, you will never take X.
***Uber: XL, SELECT..
****LYFT: PLUS, PREMIER, LUX, LUX SUV.

thank u :smiles:
Would those two cars be better than Lexus ES 300h.
I’m thinking MPG.

42o driver

Would those two cars be better than Lexus ES 300h.
I’m thinking MPG.
I recommend the QX60 and MDX bcuz they qualify for all platforms.
And you would think the qx60 and Mdx are super expensive since they r SUVs. But they are kinda the entry level of luxury SUVs. And they only cost few k more than a brand new ES300H. If ur looking for used, even less difference in pricing...
BUT if you are all about MPG...n if u mix up uberX n Select n Premier n lux i think ES300H is the way to go...
Im stubborn...i wait for select n premier lol :p

Lets_Eat

Awaiting confirmation from _________ this isn’t misinformation being spread. (Not that I distrust you folks). :p