Uber Select

ACRCmc2

Hello...new to Uber and new to Select. Any thoughts on getting riders for Select? Best locations?

dfw_driver

uberSelect is a joke. Uber pretty much killed it by including newer model non-luxury cars. If they only allowed makes like BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. there could be a market. I think Uber should just remove this option to make the app easier on the user.

Waffles

I took most of the Select rides off the Uber market long ago. One ride and they went private.

Good luck getting any GOOD select ride. Got that on lockdown

Thanks Uber

Gordon S.

I had a driver take me to the airport a month or two back, ride was around noon. It was an Uber X but he said he runs Select with the car, it was a BMW of some type. Claimed he started at 4am and was up to $500 for the day, mostly Select rides. I was tempted to ask to see the Earnings page but none of my business really.

I tried XL one day in my minivan and didn't get one XL ride. I just stick to X on my way to work in the morning by DFW and that's it.

twinwillow

I had a driver take me to the airport a month or two back, ride was around noon. It was an Uber X but he said he runs Select with the car, it was a BMW of some type. Claimed he started at 4am and was up to $500 for the day, mostly Select rides. I was tempted to ask to see the Earnings page but none of my business really.
Sometimes, a whole week could go by and not one Select ride.
But, last week I had THREE good Select rides back to back. Bet that'l never happen again.

steveK2016

When I drove into town from Atlanta I got excited. Hardly saw any luxury vehicles on the road, mostly trucks. I was like "Man select might actually be good out here" then i saw the approved select list. Sonatas and Accords. Who would pay more just to get basically the same car as X? Leather seats? Theres just a different way luxury cars handle and ride that can't be compared just to having leather seats.

Shame.

Last edited:

dfw_driver

Uber should seriously do something about the approved car list for Select or just get rid of the category.

KMANDERSON

You just have to be at the right place at the right time. It's rare but, it does happen. (Rarely)
I think that has a lot to do with the passanger app the way it is now.Selet and the premium rides are kind of hidden.The first screen is x and xl,then you have scroll over to the other ones.But everybody love the cheap uber x rides.I have gone to pick up plenty of people in gated communities on uber x