• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Select?

cpringles

I'm a newer driver and would love to drive Uber Select. Unfortunately, as far as I understand, an Uber X driver must obtain 50 ratings of 5 stars or greater or something like that... assuming you have a vehicle that qualifies for Uber Select.

I drive a 2010 Infiniti g37x and I get around 20 mpg. Uber X brings in decent side money, but obviously doesn't seem fully worth doing 50 rides. So my question is, is it 50 5 star ratings or 50 rides with a 5 star rating? Most riders don't even give out a rating so I would have to give WAY more rides than originally planned..

Also, how does Uber Select do in the Tampa Bay Area?

yea good luck getting Select pings, same experience here. As a result my acceptance rate is extremely low and Uber messages me often about accepting more rides or signing off. Frankly I'm not driving my 2013 Infiniti G37 for Uber X calls with no surge, it isn't worth it. And curious how you manage 20MPG, I only get around 17-18 :smiles:

cpringles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
[QUOTE=". And curious how you manage 20MPG, I only get around 17-18 :smiles:[/QUOTE]

I like to tell myself it's around 20, it's rather closer to 18-19. I just got new tires so maybe that's why?

DAG

SELECT rates are as follows (if my memory is correct):
Base: $3 instead of $1
Miles : $1.65 instead of .80
Minutes: .30 instead of .11
Minimum Payout: Over $6, compared to $3.19 for X.

MikiG

I do both sometimes I get select and sometimes I don't depends on who wants to do select ...

tnc738

I do both sometimes I get select and sometimes I don't depends on who wants to do select ...
The riders are smart...if they toggle between X/XL/and Select on the app and see the vehicle in the same spot, they will choose X every time! That is why I had them create another profile for me that is XL only. No free upgrades!

The riders are smart...if they toggle between X/XL/and Select on the app and see the vehicle in the same spot, they will choose X every time! That is why I had them create another profile for me that is XL only. No free upgrades!
How did you get a separate profile? I was told I had to take ALL requests or risk being shut down for poor acceptance rate. I drive a 2016 Yukon SLT

Ubertimes

I would not drive Yukon for less $2.00 per mile ever
Tire expensive
Gas hog
Work a part time no brain job and save your
Nice truck

tnc738

How did you get a separate profile? I was told I had to take ALL requests or risk being shut down for poor acceptance rate. I drive a 2016 Yukon SLT
I got the same response when I submitted the request through the app. I had to go to one of their in-person support experts (Greenlight Hub) to get it done.

I would not drive Yukon for less $2.00 per mile ever
Tire expensive
Gas hog
Work a part time no brain job and save your
Nice truck
I did it for a few days over the holidays. I really enjoyed it. The Yukon is brand new. I did about 70 trips. I was on vacation from my job as an owner operator for a moving company. Uber got me out and I got to meet some cool people. Definitely couldn't make a living at it.

Rakos

MikiG...thanks for that tip....
Sometimes when I am in X/XL I have had curious things happen...
Now that makes perfect semse...
Makes me want to stay in XL Only mode more...
But on off days I am able to sweep up a few more rides with the X mode option...
I cover a lot of miles around the Tampa Bay region...
And anytime I am out and around X allows me to pay for gas at least...
My wife does the same on her way to and from work 45 miles away using the destination filter...
One other curious thing is how Uber seems to upgrade to an XL sometimes from X...
But that could just be a desperate X rider looking for a quicker ride...
Also some riders have learned that XL means a Bigger nicer ride than an X...

Rakos