Uber select ! Yes or no

Timothy68

Hi all,
Today is my first year anniversary drive with uber.
Should I celebrated ??
I am doing 4 days a week, 2725 lifetime trip, 4.92 rating.
Anyway, I just bought another car that can be use for uber select.
Anyone here do uber select ?
How is the market ?
Thank you in advanced for the info.

Cheers
Tim

EyesWIDEopen

Hi all,
Today is my first year anniversary drive with uber.
Should I celebrated ??
I am doing 4 days a week, 2725 lifetime trip, 4.92 rating.
How is the market ?

Cheers
Tim
Hi Tim...:smiles:
How's your day going...???:rolleyes:

You need to track down transporter (-2.0 Haha)
Or you can catch him in most old, dried up DVD stores in the fiction section...
Or, you might find him down at Paddy's Market flogging Rolex watches to the unsuspecting, also offering a ride to the stairway of heaven...

Avenig

Well if your car already qualifies for Select then there is no harm have both x and select jobs coming in.

Solarman

How is the market ?
Cheers
Tim
Just select Select in your app together with X and you will eventually be pinged by a select pax 15 mins away, once, maybe twice a day on a good day. Good luck.

Avenig

You tend to get select jobs in the cbd on a Saturday from young couples out on a date. Young guys wanting to impress but don't have the cash for Uber Black.

Hounddub

From my experience the Select customers are more likely to be on the company coin as most decent organisations will accept a Select claim due to it still being cheaper than a taxi.

I find it's harder to get Select fares on the weekend and easier during the week.

I only drive Select (unless there is a decent surge or return trips) and it's not what you would call busy. I'm flexible with my other work and am in the position (most of the time) to drop it and take a fare. The app is on most of the day after 10.30 and I switch it off around 6pm. I also do a bit of Saturday and it pays around $500 per week which pays for the car. I wouldn't want to rely on it to keep me going though.

[email protected]

I saw a late model BMW in Gloucester St. in the CBD this afternoon being used for UBER. I'm assuming that would have been Select. The guy was busy, he dropped off two females and picked up a male pax shortly after. Like you said, the pax were office crowd

Timothy68

Thanks mate, I will bring my car next week for inspection.
Well if your car already qualifies for Select then there is no harm have both x and select jobs coming in.

Just select Select in your app together with X and you will eventually be pinged by a select pax 15 mins away, once, maybe twice a day on a good day. Good luck.
So we can select both? Aren't we . My plan was to switch the car though. Either uber x or Select.

Timothy68

You tend to get select jobs in the cbd on a Saturday from young couples out on a date. Young guys wanting to impress but don't have the cash for Uber Black.
Thanks for the info :smiles:

I only drive Select (unless there is a decent surge or return trips) and it's not what you would call busy. I'm flexible with my other work and am in the position (most of the time) to drop it and take a fare. The app is on most of the day after 10.30 and I switch it off around 6pm. I also do a bit of Saturday and it pays around $500 per week which pays for the car. I wouldn't want to rely on it to keep me going though.
Thank you for the info.
How many day you are working in a week ?

Thanks for the info :smiles:

Thank you for the info.
How many day you are working in a week ?

No more than 5 and they are certainly not full days but I have other work to do anyway. I reckon my time on the road - with pax - is only about 10 to 12 hours per week but there are a fair few empty return runs and a shitload of time on standby. I just happen to be in a situation that I can easily do it without it bothering me.