1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Select / XL - Sydney

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by Prestige Bears, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Prestige Bears

Prestige Bears Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Any information going around about if or when Select & XL platforms my happen in Sydney ?

2. GPH

GPH Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I suspect that if you have a vehicle that is up to spec, actually asking (as I did in Brisbane) for a change to your platform from X to XL for example is simply a matter of them changing your profile. .... but I'm not conversant with the situation in Sydney.

3. Prestige Bears

Driving:
    UberSUV
    They don't exist in Sydney.....in another post a guy mentioned that a conversation was had in his car by Uber Execs that it will.....just interested if there has been any formal discussions for Sydney.

GPH likes this.
  4. GPH

GPH Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I wonder why XL operates in Brisbane and not Sydney? Surely you have Lots of people who catch uber to the airport?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. fields

fields Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    We have Uber SUV for that at 3 1/2 times the price of UberX.

6. Coconutz

Coconutz Well-Known Member

Uber Brisbane found there was a L plate availability issue in Brisbane.
    The main issue was 1) L plate service providers weren't willing to compromise what little industry they have between themselves and taxis by making their fleets available to uber, (as evidenced by no L plated cars displaying Uber's logo in the back window which is Brisbane regulation) 2)the variety of vehicles with L plates was not varied enough.
    HC cars in Sydney come in all prestige shapes and sizes, the HC companies were also open to taking uber onboard when first approached as sydneys first market was black exclusively.

7. Instyle

Instyle Moderator Moderator

An L plate car in QLD can run Uber without displaying the logo in the window as the car is already compliant with legislation. One of the requirements for L plate cars is to meet or exceed the LCT threshold and wheelbase measurements so the variety is limited to premium cars that have adequate space.

8. Coconutz

My info comes from uber Brisbane as I'm putting a q7 up there and was talking to them last week.

9. Prestige Bears

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Coconutz, Are you relocating or expanding interstate ?

10. Coconutz

Expanding

11. Prestige Bears

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Good on you, well done buddy !!

12. Coconutz

The champagnes a fair way off from here man but thanks anyway. Maybe catch up for another coffee sometimes
    Cheers

13. Uber King

Uber King Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber Select is coming out around February this year i heard and it's going to be 1.5 x the normal fare.

14. Prestige Bears

Driving:
    UberSUV
    CoconutzCoconutz For sure about a coffee......how you placed mid-week in morning ?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  15. Prestige Bears

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Uber King, Did you hear how that's going to effect any platform above X ?

16. Uber King

Uber King Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i have heard that 2019 Hire Cars (HC Platers) will be abolished by then. and there's going to be a whole new system which the transport department is currently working on. there will be special number plates for all rideshare services such as Uber and etc... don't have much information but that's what i have heard.

17. Sydney_Driver

Sydney_Driver Active Member

Any update on this?

I saw a recent post regarding Uber Select, someone even put a link to a list of acceptable cars but I can't find it.