Uber Select Status Revoked

UberHouston1971

Sup fellas. Well I got a message from Uber last week saying because of low acceptance rate my Uber Select status has been revoked.

The reason for this is because I don't accept UberX calls unless there is a good surge. It's just not worth it for me. I actually lose money I think counting all the costs accepting UberX requests.

Has this happen to anybody here? And if you know how do I get back my Select status?

Thanks

UberCadi

Interesting... You know they are hurting for drivers, when they only remove your Select status instead of deactivating you for a criteria that is for deactivation. Don't know what's worse? Deactivation or forcing to do UberX with a Select vehicle? gUber mafia strikes again.

UberHouston1971

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just don't understand. Why MAKE UberSelect drivers accept UberX. Ok maybe there are drivers who would want to do this, but I think thats a small minority. This should be an option not a rule. I would like to believe most UberSELECT drivers don't want this. Their argument is UberX is most popular and drivers will be less idle compared to waiting for UberSelect calls. I can't argue about the demand part. There is clearly more X demand than SELECT in general.

But you can make more by working less by being strictly UberSELECT. Sure you won't get as many calls (I would argue weekends are pretty great). But you can make more by working less on UberSELECT, both the partner and Uber!

Lastly I feel bad because under the currently app I ignore UberX calls and making the riders wait 15 seconds. But first Uber shouldn't even send me these calls if I don't want them. Second, since I'm ignoring X requests anyway make me swipe left or something so that it goes to the next UberX Partner. That way the rider waits less and some other UberX driver get the request quicker. There is a way to ignore quickly if you get an alert (while in other app) but not if you are in the app already.

puryear8c

Well, they deactivated me completely for doing what you were doing about 6 weeks ago. I've asked to re reinstated several times and always denied. Maybe they are trying to teach me what it's like to be cancelled all the time. I was cancelling 5-10 trips a day. They had given me several warnings before so be careful if you want to remain an Fuber driver. I agree that it is total bs to have to do X with a Select vehicle. It just forced me to look for a real job sooner which is fine. Good luck. I was going to say "Best" but did not want to piss you off...ha.

darkshy77

that hurts x driver 2 because they're expecting a better car. chevy cobalt Not good enough for you... you can walk

Cou-ber

Interesting... You know they are hurting for drivers, when they only remove your Select status instead of deactivating you for a criteria that is for deactivation. Don't know what's worse? Deactivation or forcing to do UberX with a Select vehicle? gUber mafia strikes again.
There is nothing in the contract that provides a minimum acceptance rate to remain active. It mentions only that not accepting trips can create a negative experience for this and that shmuck but there is NO criterion set here.

OP what is your lifetime acceptance rate if I may ask? You may need to email support to ask but would you please post it here? Thanks!

UberCadi

I was told by a rep via email other day I was on the low 50% range. I got nasty gram that I had been cancelling too many. I disputed that I've never cancelled a ride in months. They came back and claimed low acceptance. I scolded them and stated cancellations and not accepting are staggeringly different, especially from the rider standpoint, so their email was completely inaccurate and false. Passing on requests doesn't affect the rider like a cancel does. A rider won't even know a driver hasn't accepted. I have had numerous conversations with support and have supporting evidence of when I take an X when other X drivers are available, there is rarely Select or XL available after I'm locked in. They don't want riders to wait, but I hear complaints all the time about not being able to get Select or XL.

James Lee

I just don't understand. Why MAKE UberSelect drivers accept UberX. Ok maybe there are drivers who would want to do this, but I think thats a small minority. This should be an option not a rule. I would like to believe most UberSELECT drivers don't want this. Their argument is UberX is most popular and drivers will be less idle compared to waiting for UberSelect calls. I can't argue about the demand part. There is clearly more X demand than SELECT in general.

But you can make more by working less by being strictly UberSELECT. Sure you won't get as many calls (I would argue weekends are pretty great). But you can make more by working less on UberSELECT, both the partner and Uber!

Lastly I feel bad because under the currently app I ignore UberX calls and making the riders wait 15 seconds. But first Uber shouldn't even send me these calls if I don't want them. Second, since I'm ignoring X requests anyway make me swipe left or something so that it goes to the next UberX Partner. That way the rider waits less and some other UberX driver get the request quicker. There is a way to ignore quickly if you get an alert (while in other app) but not if you are in the app already.
If you are driving full time, you want to take x call unless you are driving black/select platform. If Houston would offer select only platform, you wouldnt survive. Demand is very low. There are some days I wouldnt even receive a ping being online for 6-8 hours, and i live in midtown.

UberHouston1971

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you are driving full time, you want to take x call unless you are driving black/select platform. If Houston would offer select only platform, you wouldnt survive. Demand is very low. There are some days I wouldnt even receive a ping being online for 6-8 hours, and i live in midtown.
I agree if you are full-time relying on Select is a bad idea. But I only drive a few hours a week. Mostly night time on weekends. And there is plenty of demand then inside and outside the loop.

Also speaking from my personal experience. During the times and places I drive. I can make more by driving much less. Even one Select trip an hour can be more than 2-3 X trips easy. And you are saving time going to the locations also.

And this is not just for Select, even UberBlack drivers are forced to take X if I'm not mistaken. All I'm saying is that there should be a choice. For drivers to opt-in or out of being Select only. Drivers know their economics better than Uber.

sts713

I agree if you are full-time relying on Select is a bad idea. But I only drive a few hours a week. Mostly night time on weekends. And there is plenty of demand then inside and outside the loop.

Also speaking from my personal experience. During the times and places I drive. I can make more by driving much less. Even one Select trip an hour can be more than 2-3 X trips easy. And you are saving time going to the locations also.

And this is not just for Select, even UberBlack drivers are forced to take X if I'm not mistaken. All I'm saying is that there should be a choice. For drivers to opt-in or out of being Select only. Drivers know their economics better than Uber.
You are mistaken, in Houston black/suv drivers are forced to accept select trips but not X.

UBER11

What about airports? I see a lot Uber Black drivers at Hobby and IAH at all times when I drop there and wait at the staging area to get someting back to town.

sts713

They did try to do it in Dallas back in september of last year. The UberBlack drivers in Dallas protested from September 18-22 2015 and Uber changed the policy, but then on September 23rd Uber opened up UberBlack and began onboarding as many drivers as possible, paying $300 referrals for new black drivers, essentially flooding all the markets with black drivers to prevent any organizing/protests in the future.

sts713

What about airports? I see a lot Uber Black drivers at Hobby and IAH at all times when I drop there and wait at the staging area to get someting back to town.
those guys are there for hours waiting for requests. some people like to hang out smoke and bs with each other. I don't wait around, if i get request while nearby i accept otherwise head out somewhere else. I waited one time for 8hrs , never again.

James Lee

I dont wait at airport unless i get a ride to airport. Its usually 4-5 hour wait, sometime even up to 8-9hours, sometime none and just head back home empty.

Richard Cranium

But you can make more by working less by being strictly UberSELECT. Sure you won't get as many calls (I would argue weekends are pretty great). But you can make more by working less on UberSELECT, both the partner and Uber! .
And that is your answer..because it make sense is why they don't do it :smiles:
It is the same with XL and mine is an XL and Select but I have to accept x also.

RC

Last edited: