• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ArsenalGunner

So, I'm a brand new Uber Select driver. Traded in my Uber X car for a luxury Uber Select car. Apparently, because it is not an SUV, I do not have the ability just to choose Uber Select...meaning I have to do both Select and X rides. Well, lets just say, three days since my update from X to Select, I've yet to have a Select call. I paid a lot of money for my car, use premium gas and oil, pay extra in insurance each month but still I'm doing Uber X calls and there's shi* I can do about it! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

EcoboostMKS

This from a previous experience? You did Select before?
I've driven limo for the last 10 years and did taxi before that. It's just from a common sense and financial standpoint. Don't ruin your luxury car driving around for uberx rates. You can make the same money with a cheap junker car. If they refuse to put you solely on select with your nice new car, you might as well not even bother driving it. Sell it before it completely depreciates.

backstreets-trans

Here's another issue with uber. The xl rate is $2.00/mi while uberx is $0.90/mi. It's cheaper to order two cars than a uberxl. For select calls try north Scottsdale and paradise valley but you can't trust uber enough to risk buying a new car because they lower their standards and rates without notice or consideration of drivers. Uber off.

Last edited:

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
UberSelect has become nothing more than a ruse to get drivers to give UberX riders a much nicer ride.

It used to be great when drivers weren't forced into receiving UberX requests.

TakinItUpWithUber

The problem with drivers doing select or any platform above x is that savvy riders wanting an upgraded vehicle simply wait for a driver closest to them who is on multiple platforms. There is no benefit if your select and paired with x you'll lose every time. You'll always be stuck with 90 cent runs driving your nice smelling black leather vehicle. Passengers know the system and know how to beat it - and no shirt off Uber's back.
If your Select and paired with X expect Select pax paying 90 cents every time beating the system. And again it's no shirt off Uber's back just us drivers.

Pooty711

i would check with uber to make sure they have you eligible on the select platform. they have been known to make mistakes. only take select requests..let all X requests ping out...

PHYDEAUX BITES

Listen to Eco. His words ring true! I found out the hard way and paid $45K for my new select. I am now upside down $20K with 5000 miles on it. Boy what an ignorant Stupe for doing this....

Scissorz

You might try Left and hope the tips make up for the rate. People are receptive to getting a nice ride and quite often will compensate you accordingly. Just make sure that you treat every pax like they are special.

Anyway, stay off the Uber platform unless there is a surge.

ArsenalGunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i would check with uber to make sure they have you eligible on the select platform. they have been known to make mistakes. only take select requests..let all X requests ping out...
Already asked. I have to do both X and Select.

ArsenalGunner

You might try Left and hope the tips make up for the rate. People are receptive to getting a nice ride and quite often will compensate you accordingly. Just make sure that you treat every pax like they are special.

Anyway, stay off the Uber platform unless there is a surge.
Lyft is dead around my neck of the woods and I would never attempt to work around Tempe. But thanks for the tip. Happy New Year!

ArsenalGunner

Listen to Eco. His words ring true! I found out the hard way and paid $45K for my new select. I am now upside down $20K with 5000 miles on it. Boy what an ignorant Stupe for doing this....
Honestly, I didnt buy this car just for Select but i liked it and the deal was good. I've already got few positions lined up so by Uber days are numbered.

noob saibot

I've been driving for uber about 9 months and I was doing SUV & Black w/ airport credentials and commercial license using "Select" to pick up over there. It suggest to use it when you drop the pin at PHX Sky Harbor. Now recently I have just noticed that when I go to "Black & SUV" option around weekends to get the party and night goers, it now has added "Select" and when I flip between options they're all the same so I will still get "Select" calls. I have to say it's a good job if it's side gig here n there. Now I don't think a lot of these SUV and Black drivers are going to last. Good job uber on shitting on the drivers neither giving notification or anything. They really need to figure what they're gonna do and find equilibrium. But then again money talks! My days with uber are numbered as well!:eek::eek::eek:!!. Good luck to all.

ArsenalGunner

I've found a very nice gig and I haven't done Uber for a month and a half now. I do not miss doing uber, honestly!

backstreets-trans

I've found a very nice gig and I haven't done Uber for a month and a half now. I do not miss doing uber, honestly!
Congrats. I go back to driving a cab tomorrow. I hope there is still some business left. I use to kill it in March but we'll see what happens. I'm glad people are leaving uber and finding greener pastures. Now if I could get you guys to vote for Bernie we could really stick it to corporate America and shake things up. Maybe bring some real jobs back to this country.

ArsenalGunner

Congrats. I go back to driving a cab tomorrow. I hope there is still some business left. I use to kill it in March but we'll see what happens. I'm glad people are leaving uber and finding greener pastures. Now if I could get you guys to vote for Bernie we could really stick it to corporate America and shake things up. Maybe bring some real jobs back to this country.
Thank you!
I hope that the cabbing business works for you my friend. As for Bernie, I'm voting for him.