Uber Select/Lyft Premier

Dahkei

On the average day, demand for Select is miniscule compared to X. I can't give a percentage because I only turn on X when it makes sense for me to do so. I can go hours in Select only and never get a ping. For most riders, Select is a last resort when no other cars are available. Demand also goes up when it's the cheapest option. I've also noticed lately that low rated riders will request Select. I'm guessing it's because X's won't take them. And, of course, their are the "Select" few that just prefer Select.

With the holiday season approaching, demand for Select will increase significantly.

It's nice to see that Lyft is giving us a Premier only option.
I'm really hoping that Lyft does what Uber did when it introduced Select to the market. They had a day where riders could request Select for the price of X. That would be a great day.

l3th4l

maybe 3 select rides a week, my car doesn't qualify for premier, I recommend looking up the premier requirements.

Disgusted Driver

Yeah, they wouldn't tale me for premier either, asked them to reconsider but got crappy back. I get 5 or so selects a week and will take x when it's over 2x surge.

Disgusted Driver

Thing is....if its over 2x surge X, then why stayed logged into Select?
I'm not sure what your question is. At 2x I'll take either. Typically if x goes high then select will go up as well. In rate instances select will be cheaper than x, if that's the case I will make a decision as to whether I want to take select or not.

ReyesMX6

I'm not sure what your question is. At 2x I'll take either. Typically if x goes high then select will go up as well. In rate instances select will be cheaper than x, if that's the case I will make a decision as to whether I want to take select or not.

This has to do with the reason some people see a surge higher than others, right? Like 3.9, but while on X they get a 2.9 surge max? (Driver mode) The higher surge is due to the Select option being visible but you're getting an X request. I hope that makes sense...:confused:

Disgusted Driver

This has to do with the reason some people see a surge higher than others, right? Like 3.9, but while on X they get a 2.9 surge max? (Driver mode) The higher surge is due to the Select option being visible but you're getting an X request. I hope that makes sense...:confused:
Oh, I haven't figured out the pattern recently, I think the driver app just shows the x surge now. I don't rely on it, i use either surge chaser or no surge to see what the current surges ate for x and select so i know if uber is holding back on me. Sometimes i will let on be go by because it came in low, particularly when surge is building.