Uber Select in San Francisco ?

Mr.Monty

Hello all,
I am moving to SF this fall because i got transferred to Berkeley. I am currently living in San diego and i do uberX. I am thinking of switching to select. Is it worth it to work select in the bay area?
How much would i make working saturday nights and friday nights only ?.

manuella

It's really good money but you would have to spend a long time sitting in your car plus a lot dead miles on that car,

I gave it a try these last weeks and found it very profitable with too much downtime , surprisingly 10 mile plus trips were 60% of my trips which payed out 45$ and more, I am still learning were the areas with a good consistence in pings are.

My advice would be to get a comfortable car that will be gentle on your back then do uber X there is good money on X without the burden of a fancy car but long story short downtime is depressing ( you spend it looking for where to park mostly) I can't give up X cause uber gives us back 20% for 100 rides and they take 30% on select basically I do both with 2 different cars , I know it's heck stupid but can't figure out a better way.

PS select drivers on here aren't helpful , they will only discourage you ( geniuses ) Transportador is the only genuine select driver I know on here

Mr.Monty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After working with uberX for one year in san diego. I am done with the kind of people that ride with and i do so many miles and spend so much gas to get pennies. I love it when it's surge don't get me wrong but overall, uberX is not as good as it used to be. If you tell me that i have to wait an hour or two for a ride i am fine with it as long as it pays well and the kind of people who ride with me are what i get in uberX.
I am moving to Berkeley so i don't know if that area has some select pings kr i gotta look for them in downtown

manuella

After working with uberX for one year in san diego. I am done with the kind of people that ride with and i do so many miles and spend so much gas to get pennies. I love it when it's surge don't get me wrong but overall, uberX is not as good as it used to be. If you tell me that i have to wait an hour or two for a ride i am fine with it as long as it pays well and the kind of people who ride with me are what i get in uberX.
I am moving to Berkeley so i don't know if that area has some select pings kr i gotta look for them in downtown
I used to think that way but uber X pax are almost a reflection of you , it's how you interact with them and how they perceive you. back to the topic if you will live in Berkely you can just sit with the app on. , the area has so much life

I wouldn't say we get pennies here in the Bay Area if I'm not lazy with 45 hours I makers 1800$

manuella

What do you mean by this?
You have to be in charge without being a jerk lol I used to let them walk all over me but now that I give out a stronger vibe it's all fun then there is also the fact that after I had driven 30 hours in the week I became the problem ! ( tired of being in the car )

Uberdancer

College students generally have no money, much less cash ... graduate students are usually even poorer ... but the future is bright ... And the rides are generally within the campus neighborhoods and hangouts ... i.e., short and sweet ... hee hee hee ...

manuella

College students generally have no money, much less cash ... graduate students are usually even poorer ... but the future is bright ... And the rides are generally within the campus neighborhoods and hangouts ... i.e., short and sweet ... hee hee hee ...
It's the college students or young people who seem to take select more but I think they cancel on you if your car isn't luxurious enough.

Transportador

So, I drive Select and X and Pool and Lyft and Lyft Line in both San Diego and the Bay Area. I keep my boat in SD so I drive there sometimes when I'm crazy enough to drive my Select car down from San Jose! What my experience so far is exactly what Manuella said. I would do Select because it pays very well in the Bay Area, but you should do the following:

Get a car that is good enough for Select with many years left to do Select without buying a brand new car.

Must get Uber to create two profiles for you, one Select only, the other everything. This is very important, something I should have done long ago!

Drive on X and Pool and Lyft also, because Select will not be 100% of your revenue. Go to Select only mode when and where it makes sense.

Use Select to rest while working on the bonuses, hourly guarantees, etc. since you won't get many Select rides at certain times and places.

I used to think that Select business exists only in SF and SFO, but I get more Select calls in San Jose and San Diego areas now. SF has turned into a cheapskates market with all the young people living there using Uber instead of the f-ing bus.

Transportador

I used to think that way but uber X pax are almost a reflection of you , it's how you interact with them and how they perceive you. back to the topic if you will live in Berkely you can just sit with the app on. , the area has so much life

I wouldn't say we get pennies here in the Bay Area if I'm not lazy with 45 hours I makers 1800$
Dang it dude, I still can't make as much as you do, driving 50 hours last week. Please open a seminar :-)

Last Thursday and Saturday nights were big on Select for me, mostly in San Jose. SF was dead Friday night! Sunday was all airports, no Select!

With the Select only mode, I turned Select revenue from 10% to 60% on certain nights, yeeha!

manuella

Dang it dude, I still can't make as much as you do, driving 50 hours last week. Please open a seminar :smiles:

Last Thursday and Saturday nights were big on Select for me, mostly in San Jose. SF was dead Friday night! Sunday was all airports, no Select!

With the Select only mode, I turned Select revenue from 10% to 60% on certain nights, yeeha!
my secret is I only drive San Francisco , I did select Monday to Wednesday which ended up being 500$ I stayed away from sfo on Sunday since the city had surge all day.

I think I could possibly make more if I just sat home with 'select only ' am in marin and by midnight the app is saying no uber x no select cars available

Transportador

my secret is I only drive San Francisco , I did select Monday to Wednesday which ended up being 500$ I stayed away from sfo on Sunday since the city had surge all day.

I think I could possibly make more if I just sat home with 'select only ' am in marin and by midnight the app is saying no uber x no select cars available
Yes, I am still working on finding the sweet spots, time and places. Will be more patient and do Select only in San Jose...can't add too many dead miles to my awesome ride :-)

Uberdancer

Try Stanford ... The kids are richer, privileged and entitled ... Campus is bigger = longer rides and more miles ...

uberhernder

[QUOTE="Transportador, post: 1044990, member: 27833" I keep my boat in SD so I drive there sometimes when I'm crazy enough to drive my Select car down from San Jose! [/QUOTE]

OFF TOPIC!!! When are you gonna do a UberSelect Tuna fishing in SD . It was awesome fishing over there last year. I almost towed my boat from San Jose to SD.
Now carry on with Uber select discussion

I wish my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee qualifies for select. I dont know why a fully loaded 50K car wouldnt qualify . I drove it for a little bit on X when rate was still good, now i drive a hybrid.

Transportador

[QUOTE="Transportador, post: 1044990, member: 27833" I keep my boat in SD so I drive there sometimes when I'm crazy enough to drive my Select car down from San Jose!
OFF TOPIC!!! When are you gonna do a UberSelect Tuna fishing in SD . It was awesome fishing over there last year. I almost towed my boat from San Jose to SD.
Now carry on with Uber select discussion

I wish my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee qualifies for select. I dont know why a fully loaded 50K car wouldnt qualify . I drove it for a little bit on X when rate was still good, now i drive a hybrid.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could AirBnB my boat when I'm not using it. But the marinas won't let you do any commercial activities or they'd kick you out. Maybe I should move it to Ensenada and do it there. But then I'd have to pay some Mexican guy to keep it safe!

Transportador

Well I was real patient yesterday and tested out the SF market with Select only. It was Monday so it was real slow until 9 PM, then nothing but Select pings :-)

Transportador

Hello all,
I am moving to SF this fall because i got transferred to Berkeley. I am currently living in San diego and i do uberX. I am thinking of switching to select. Is it worth it to work select in the bay area?
How much would i make working saturday nights and friday nights only ?.
I forgot to say that you will make more $ here vs. SD just on X alone. Going Select would be more money but involves an investment in a more expensive car. If you don't already have a Select car, you can do X and see how it goes. Then add Select if the ROI is good for you.

Transportador

Hey I made $360 plus $43 tips this week Mon to Wed doing mostly Select, focusing on SF. Got lucky yesterday and did only 4 rides, the lowest ride/day count for me ever for decent money. SF is full of Select cars so I have to figure out where to loiter...

manuella

Hey I made $360 plus $43 tips this week Mon to Wed doing mostly Select, focusing on SF. Got lucky yesterday and did only 4 rides, the lowest ride/day count for me ever for decent money. SF is full of Select cars so I have to figure out where to loiter...
I was surprised how many select cars are out there ! my car is filthy ( cheapest car wash is 40$ That won't mess my paint up ) no select for me this week , kind prefer the power bonus right now lol