1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber select demand

Discussion in 'Orlando' started by Gabriel5555, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Hello. To all Uber Select drivers. I do Uber X and I'm thinking about upgrading to Uber Select. Please tell me that Demand is Good in Orlando Fl for Uber Select?? Am I going to be able to make enough money with Uber Select to pay for all my bills and still keep some money for myself?
    I can make it happen with UberX but I have to drive usually more than 40 hours a week and work at least 6 days but still I'm happy with the pay off. But I will be happier if Demand is Good for Uber Select. Is it?

2. Buy a car for Uber....great idea !

Buckiemohawk likes this.
  3. Shine'ola

Shine'ola

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Gabe, first off I will be a nice guy and answer your Q, the answer is NO NO and HELL NO, I would venture to say that if you had an app set on X and Select you would get 40 X request to every one Select and when it surges you will almost never get a select request. I have no idea of what times or areas you work but the biggest problem with Orlando Uber Select is only 30% of the greater Orlando area can order it. The most stupid or obvious area that should be able to order select rides is the convention area, there is a line that is drawn so Point Orlando and Rosen Plaza can but from the Hyatt Reg. I drive including both convention centers all the way down on the east side of I 4 can not order Select including The MWC, Sea World, Premium outlet, Shingle Creek, Ritz C, and so on. So dumb ass ****ing Uber has cut out almost all of the best high end hotels for Select.

Now to keep it real if you are driving X and thinking you are making any money @ $0.75 a mile you are a complete idiot.

4. Thank you very much for the answer. About making 0.75 a mile and so on...With Uber X at least I'm able pay for my bills, a car and an apartment etc... Without Uber I'd be stock with an 8-9 dollars an hour job that wouldn't even pay for my apartment. Yeah I put lots of miles in my car but I'm making a better income to be a nonprofessional. I've seen a lot of your comments. What do you drive or how you make your living that it's better than Uber? Thanks

5. Shine'ola

Shine'ola

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Gabe, if you sit down and look at what you are doing with the miles and time and rapidly depreciating the value of your car and how Uber generally works, you go 2 miles and get paid for one. Come on man let's just cut to the chase and do simple math, 75c = 60c and if you go a mile at get paid for one, you get 30c a mile, any car cost 10c a mile without gas so we are now at 20c a mile, if your bills total $1000 a month = holy ****, oh yeah I drive a 2015 Yukon and own 2 seasonal businesses, I login when it's surging or when I am bored, it's an interesting business model based on exploitation of it's partners (stupid X drivers, mostly new) that bare the real expenses and think they actually make money when in fact they are living in their cars and mostly trading equity of their cars for a ton of time and poverty level profits, tell me how much $ you are able to save for a new to you car after your present car is worthless with 200,000 miles

SurgeMachine likes this.
  6. Shine'ola

Shine'ola

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    better yet, tell me how you can make $10 an hour @75c a mile….math don't lie

SurgeMachine likes this.
  7. crash

crash

God Uber drivers are desperate, driving there cars into the ground for peanuts.

8. I understand your points. I'm thinking about moving to New York or New Jersey.
    But still what I'm trying to say is that...I make $600-$800 a week after gas, working over 40h. Yeah your car might be worth **** in a couple years and you are making 0.75c etc... (All good points) but still...What nonprofessional in FL makes that much money? I'm at Walmart now working like a Slave for $500 every 2 weeks, that's $250 a week. Tell me what job out there is better than Uber for a nonprofessional.
    I agree %100 with what you are saying but still...I haven't found something better that would even pay for a car and an apartment.
    Thanks for the answers