Uber screwed drivers twice with the DF change - NO MORE PRIORITY!

LA Dispatcher

Some guy from Uber called apologizing for reducing the DF to 2. Told him that's why I decided to drive more for Lyft since I get plenty of DF. Told him other drivers are also upset this happened during 180 days of change. He did say pick up times increased and it was a mistake on their end. Also let him know Lyft offers better incentives and drivers now have a choice when Uber does these kind of things. He sounded surprised but appreciative of the feedback I gave him. Came from a 424 number.

Johnny Walker

Some guy from Uber called apologizing for reducing the DF to 2. Told him that's why I decided to drive more for Lyft since I get plenty of DF. Told him other drivers are also upset this happened during 180 days of change. He did say pick up times increased and it was a mistake on their end. Also let him know Lyft offers better incentives and drivers now have a choice when Uber does these kind of things. He sounded surprised but appreciative of the feedback I gave him. Came from a 424 number.

I’m really surprised by Lyfts incentives. 90-100% left & right, pings after pings

DeplorableDonald

I got a call in person too. I feel sorry for the girl. I unloaded. I apologized and told her it wasn't personal, but it's so rare that I talk to anyone at Uber, especially one that speaks and understands English, I had to vent. She was cool about it.

Whether it does anything I am skeptical about, but it felt good getting it out of my system.

666cartman666

I didn't like the priority, so this is positive for me. I would get pings from like 2.5 miles away on DF. Without priority, the normal ping distance is like 0.5 miles. I live/work in the Westside.

Fuberal

They called drivers who used all of them all the time, I didn't get a call but a lot of people did. The personal touch of Uber.

Yesterday, One of the driver I know was at Marina Del Rey. He put his DF toward Pasadena area and Uber took him to LAX.
Sucks!
It's a 180 degree semi circle now, does anyone know that there are mileage and time restrictions now like Lyft?

Uncle-not-Ant

They called drivers who used all of them all the time, I didn't get a call but a lot of people did. The personal touch of Uber.

Who answers their phone?

Already have to dodge relentless student losn forgivness scams, now have to dodge Rohit calling to appoligize for F'ing us.
Sounds Fishy ... must have been research disguised as an appology. Probably were monitoring your heartrate through your smartphone as they polled you.

Serby

I have nothing to offer on this. I took 2 days off in protest. Lol yeah I know nobody at uber missed me. But I like thinking I don't fit their typical driver behavior and I like to pretend they know it too.
I'm taking the weekend off too.