Uber says Your 2018 car is invaded make and model

Bob Reynolds

They are telling you that your vehicle can not be accepted onto the platform.

There are several reasons this could have happened in North Carolina.

1. The vehicle may be too old.
2. The vehicle may have a salvage title.
3. Your vehicle may have damage, or a mechanical condition, that customers have complained about.
4. Your vehicle may not have adequate insurance or the insurance has been cancelled or your insurance company does not allow ride share.
5. Your vehicle registration may have expired or not be valid with the state of North Carolina
6. Your lien holder, leasing company or insurance company does not allow ride share and you did not notify them that you were doing ride share as per NC statute 20-280.4(g)
7. Your vehicle is not properly registered in North Carolina as a For-Hire Passenger Vehicle under statute 20-87 and pay the $78 fee. (this will also show up on Carfax as a taxi or for hire vehicle)

Without knowing exactly what is going on in your individual case, it is impossible to determine the exact reason you can not be accepted onto the platform.

jaydub

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bob thanks for the reply.One thru six are not an issue, number seven I have never heard of.I have been driving this car for 14 months.Any North Carolina ride share driver that seen statute 20-87?

Risab1981

I've never heard of a Rideshare status being reported to CarFax. I don't think that's a thing. They have a Lease/Fleet vehicle status category, but not Rideshare that I'm aware of.

I would be interested in seeing proof of this. Anyone have their CarFax state Rideshare status?

Bob Reynolds

I've never heard of a Rideshare status being reported to CarFax. I don't think that's a thing. They have a Lease/Fleet vehicle status category, but not Rideshare that I'm aware of.

I would be interested in seeing proof of this. Anyone have their CarFax state Rideshare status?
Carfax has a "Taxi" category that will show up if the car is registered as a "For Hire" vehicle under "Type of Owner"

AutoCheck has the same thing:

Your vehicle's history can affect your vehicle's AutoCheck Score. Factors that can negatively influence the Score include:

• Accidents
  • Mileage
  • Title brands such as salvaged or rebuilt title
  • Problems with the odometer such as rollback or broken odometer
  • Frame damage
  • Water damage
  • Whether the vehicle has been branded as a lemon
  • Whether the vehicle has ever been stolen or repossessed
  • Whether the vehicle has ever been used as a police or taxi vehicle
Keep in mind that no one reports rideshare or taxi status to Carfax and AutoCheck. They gather this information from the state registration information.