Uber Says It Will Start Offering Flying Taxis In 2020

TwoFiddyMile

This is not out of the question. Dubai starts their drone taxi service in July.
Lilium is a two year old company and flew their first drone a month ago. The technology is already here and gets better every day. http://www.greencarreports.com/news...al-takeoff-and-landing-jet-first-flight-video
Three letters to squash your American dream...
FAA.

Way to go Travis! I see your future..

He's not even that fat. We've become such a body shaming culture.

SEAL Team 5

Weight is a consideration when flying.
Uber couldn't care less about it when WEIGHT overloads our cars destroying them.
Aircraft can fall out of the sky when overloaded.

Smaller aircraft are very much regulated by weight.
I did hear that obesity cost the airlines an extra $750 million/year in fuel consumption.

tohunt4me

I did hear that obesity cost the airlines an extra $750 million/year in fuel consumption.
Probably costs Uber drivers more than that.
Air traveling machines FALL OUT OF THE AIR when over weight !

I
BREAKING NEWS:
North Korea totally destroyed by stealth fleet of nuclear-armed flying taxis, which the US covertly launched overnight from a rank in Seoul.
Kim Jong Nong reported to be "again having a bad hair day".
ICan just imagine . . . . Kim Jong ordering hundreds of Ubers to use as bombers. . . .

Tom Harding

Hyperloop highway? You could travel from US to India in 3 hours for $50
A tube transport company called ET3 said it has figured out a way to create a 'freeway' that its CEO Daryl Oster says can enable 'space travel on earth

Their dream is to create car-free cities within 5 years. Pipe dream?

Last edited:

Instyle

I'm in!
Please forward investor prospectus ASAP & include your bank a/c details & password for my prompt attention.
This is the concept!

image.jpg

Please forward initial payment of 100 billion dollars!

image.jpg

Lowestformofwit

I would like to give you that money, but some of us can't even afford 66c a day to stay in the personal transport business.
To shortcut the development costs, I've contacted Dietrich Mateschitz - he makes a drink that will "give you wings".

Trump Economics

More double speak. Flying cars have five major problems, and those problems have hundreds of billions of dollars in their coffers. Fact: the first electric car was built in the early 1900's but never saw the light of day for almost 100 years (thanks to big oil, etc.). History... it repeats itself. Move along -- nothing to see here.

IMG_3390.jpg
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...10ae4b0b6f6014b2a2f?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

U.S. ride-hailing service Uber Technologies Inc expects to deploy flying taxi services in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, and Dubai in 2020, Chief Product Officer Jeff Holden said at the Uber Elevate Summit in Dallas.

Uber’s flying taxis will be small, electric aircraft that takeoff and land vertically, or VTOL aircraft, enabling zero operational emissions and quiet enough to operate in cities without disturbing the neighbors.

The company is working with Hillwood Properties to make four vertiports - VTOL hubs with multiple takeoff and landing pads, and charging infrastructure - for Uber in Dallas starting next year, Holden said.

Uber has also teamed up with companies such as Bell Helicopter, Aurora, Pipistrel, Mooney and Embraer to make the flying taxis.

The company, which has partnered with the Dubai government, expects to conduct passenger flights as part of the World Expo 2020 in Dubai.

-----

Because self driving cars were too complicated.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Hyperloop highway? You could travel from US to India in 3 hours for $50
A tube transport company called ET3 said it has figured out a way to create a 'freeway' that its CEO Daryl Oster says can enable 'space travel on earth

Their dream is to create car-free cities within 5 years. Pipe dream?
Astral Projection is free.
Just watch out for the guy in the hooded robes,path blocker.
Next they will charge a toll on the third eye highway.
Avoid Fluoride ,Drink Beer!
Humming " Kashmir" Led Zeppelin
. . .I am a traveler of both time and space . . .

Don't know what made me suddenly think of Fantasy Island.
But which astral plane shall we have the plane land on ,Boss ?

More double speak. Flying cars have five major problems, and those problems have hundreds of billions of dollars in their coffers. Fact: the first electric car was built in the early 1900's but never say the light of day for almost 100 years (thanks to big oil, etc.). History... it repeats itself. Move along -- nothing to see here.

View attachment 116378
If Tesla ( Nikola) had had his way,all cars would have run on electricity for a century,pulling power out of the air with an antenna,electricity stored and using the stratosphere as a generator.
Such a waste . . .
" What You Give"- Tesla( band)

Courtesy of Dr. Demento.
Taco Air !
They can land a jet on a River Levee ! TACA airlines could land a jet like a smuggler !
Avianca El Salvador.
( you try landing a heavy jet with passengers on a flooded rain soaked levee with no engines)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-01-02-13-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-01-02-13-44.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: