• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber says "go back to my home area service area to drive again" - But I am!

wk1102

Did you guys sign up in psl or Stuart.

If you are registered in the central atlantic coast area you have to switch to the Miami area to drive, and get the inspection done

wk1102

The martin/ st lucie county line is the border between the Miami area and the Daytona Beach area. (Psl is in the Daytona Beach area:smiles:

To drive in the miami area... Martin county, Palm Beach, Dade and Broward... you need to have Uber switch you and you also need an inspection.

Get the inspection done first to expedite things. They will tell you it will take days but it shouldn't... they don't have to rerun the background check because it's the same state.

You will have to tell them this most likely

JJP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies and info... what a crazy mess Uber is... wk1102 you are absolutely correct - but Uber is not upfront about that. They just asked me what cities I wanted to drive in & I said PSL & Stuart. So they set up me up (after 3 weeks of waiting for background checks) to drive in PSL, not knowing that it's everything North of the county line! Why they haven't recognized Treasure Coast as a region is unknown to me. So, I then told them I wanted to drive in Stuart & JBeach, so they said they could switch locations but, I would have to re-submit all my documents and sign up again, with new background checks etc... 3 more weeks & I finally got approved to drive in the South Florida Coastal region and the brilliant folks at Uber never switched off the Central Coast region so I now can drive from Daytona to Miami... but, it only took 7 weeks & 3 backgound checks & 3 completely new application processes! The funny thing, I relocated from Hawaii & I have 1.5 years & 4,000 + rides under my belt with Uber!

just FYI, I decide to contact Lyft & see what they said about driving in FL... within 20 minutes they had my account 100% switched over with my new vehicle and everything, to drive in Miami (where they are operating) even though I live in PSL!

Thanks again for the chatter!

wk1102

Thanks for the replies and info... what a crazy mess Uber is... wk1102 you are absolutely correct - but Uber is not upfront about that. They just asked me what cities I wanted to drive in & I said PSL & Stuart. So they set up me up (after 3 weeks of waiting for background checks) to drive in PSL, not knowing that it's everything North of the county line! Why they haven't recognized Treasure Coast as a region is unknown to me. So, I then told them I wanted to drive in Stuart & JBeach, so they said they could switch locations but, I would have to re-submit all my documents and sign up again, with new background checks etc... 3 more weeks & I finally got approved to drive in the South Florida Coastal region and the brilliant folks at Uber never switched off the Central Coast region so I now can drive from Daytona to Miami... but, it only took 7 weeks & 3 backgound checks & 3 completely new application processes! The funny thing, I relocated from Hawaii & I have 1.5 years & 4,000 + rides under my belt with Uber!

just FYI, I decide to contact Lyft & see what they said about driving in FL... within 20 minutes they had my account 100% switched over with my new vehicle and everything, to drive in Miami (where they are operating) even though I live in PSL!

Geez.. they don't have to re run the bc check if it's the same state. It took me a week and 50 emails to get some one to that knew what they were doing.

After that it was done in 20 minutes.

The crazy thing is, Martin county doesn't require an inspection... we were always able to drive there without it. Them out of the blue we couldn't.

CherylC

I'm a new Driver in Martin County (Stuart) and I had to submit a vehicle inspection to start driving. After 2 full weeks as an Uber driver, I have an issue with the 25% Uber took from my Gross earnings. Was supposed to be 20%? I put in a request today for an answer and have yet to hear back.

Also this driving to the Palm Beach Intl airport from Stuart for $27 net pay and then an 80 mile trip from Stuart to Boca at midnight netted me $57? No tips either drive. WTF Uber? I cxld a trip from Hutchinson Island to Palm Beach Gardens last night at about 10pm because it's not worth the pay for the miles and the time.

Rachel Ram

So are you driving Lyft in St Lucie County? I live in Palm City and it says my area is covered.

Bosslady772

I'm a new Driver in Martin County (Stuart) and I had to submit a vehicle inspection to start driving. After 2 full weeks as an Uber driver, I have an issue with the 25% Uber took from my Gross earnings. Was supposed to be 20%? I put in a request today for an answer and have yet to hear back.

Also this driving to the Palm Beach Intl airport from Stuart for $27 net pay and then an 80 mile trip from Stuart to Boca at midnight netted me $57? No tips either drive. WTF Uber? I cxld a trip from Hutchinson Island to Palm Beach Gardens last night at about 10pm because it's not worth the pay for the miles and the time.
I took a trip last night from Hutchinson island to Jupiter only received $22. I was pinged twice then the third said I was out of my service area. I drove back to saint Lucie only to be unable to log on. WTH. Uber still hasn't given me a reason as to why I was unable to login to my county.

CherylC

I took a trip last night from Hutchinson island to Jupiter only received $22. I was pinged twice then the third said I was out of my service area. I drove back to saint Lucie only to be unable to log on. WTH. Uber still hasn't given me a reason as to why I was unable to login to my county.
I work Martin and St Lucie, but allowed to do pick ups everywhere South. I even got a ping for an airport pickup after I had just dropped off at the airport. Thought I had to be "approved" to do airport pick ups?

wk1102

I work Martin and St Lucie, but allowed to do pick ups everywhere South. I even got a ping for an airport pickup after I had just dropped off at the airport. Thought I had to be "approved" to do airport pick ups?
Obviously you are approved, you only need the trade dress displayed in your front passenger windshield for pbia... I dint know about fll or mia...

Every airport sets their own rules.

wk1102

I just started driving Uber in Stuart with my mom. Any tips?
Stuart is rough, small trips lots of traffic.
I stay out of there during the day.

Friday and Saturday nights are okay not great but okay. watch the rider app... when there are only a few cars online log off and wait for the surge. Stuart used to be good on the weekends for surge, too many drivers staying online now.

CherylC

Obviously you are approved, you only need the trade dress displayed in your front passenger windshield for pbia... I dint know about fll or mia...

Every airport sets their own rules.
Thanks! I was under the impression that I had to pay $40 fee to do airport pickups.

CherylC

The martin/ st lucie county line is the border between the Miami area and the Daytona Beach area. (Psl is in the Daytona Beach area:smiles:

To drive in the miami area... Martin county, Palm Beach, Dade and Broward... you need to have Uber switch you and you also need an inspection.

Get the inspection done first to expedite things. They will tell you it will take days but it shouldn't... they don't have to rerun the background check because it's the same state.

You will have to tell them this most likely

CherylC

You make more $$ picking up rides in St Lucie County. Ubers base fee is $1.50 in PSL vs .85¢ in Martin County. Also St Lucie pax are charged more per mile & minute. Makes no sense, but I made more $ in less time yesterday from 11-3 by driving in St. Lucie.

wk1102

You make more $$ picking up rides in St Lucie County. Ubers base fee is $1.50 in PSL vs .85¢ in Martin County. Also St Lucie pax are charged more per mile & minute. Makes no sense, but I made more $ in less time yesterday from 11-3 by driving in St. Lucie.
I live in psl ... I know.

I used to drive solely in psl... I was one of maybe 6-8 drivers for a long time in all of St Lucie County. then one of 8-10 in psl. now I have at least 8 within a mile of my house...

Psl , for me anyway, is feast or famine. I either do really well or really bad. I'd say the bad days are 3 or 4 to 1 to good days.

Ever since they started requiring the inspection for Martin County psl has been over-saturated. all the drivers that sign up in psl stay there because they can't logon in Martin.

I don't think It surgedanken at on NYE in psl. Stuart was almost non stop for several hours.

You either got very lucky yesterday or do really bad in Stuart...

Bosslady772

I start my day with one or two trips in st lucie but, the most of my trips are Martin county. I just hate going into palm city and riding back empty. I've done a few palm beach trips from the treasure coast. I realized last night if you're in an area which you're not registered for, If you keep accepting the trips uber has no problem. I didn't accept a trip after midnight in stuart and they definitely logged me off. I headed back to saint lucie with only a few drivers logged on ...I got the surge update but, couldn't find the heat on my map. Not one ping....I logged off at 1:20am

CherylC

I let 2 Hobe Sound pickups go tonight. It's 12-14 miles from Stuart. No can do. Can't afford those trips. Palm City trips aren't too bad. I like the Stuart to Jupiter runs, as Jupiter is often busier than Martin County areas and I do pickups there.