Uber said YES! :D they like me, they really like me!

coinzstarz

Hi, my name's mike,

just got cleared to drive, super psyched! can't wait, hope it's entertaining somewhat...I am sure it has it's moments in the sun and in the mud, that's life. Some days you draw the short straw, others find you poolside at the Ritz. Hope to see some of you out there! later gator!

Disgusted Driver

Welcome to Uber's Stable. Uber is a mean pimp. If you don't give it all up to the pax, Uber will beat you and abuse you. Come to think of it, Uber will beat and abuse you no matter what! It will be fun for the first week or two but then if you are honest with yourself you'll see you aren't making much after expenses.

coinzstarz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
negative nancy, don't rain on my parade. Luck has it, i'm not so much worried about expenses. just happy to be doing something I enjoy. Money is not the prime objective here for myself so sorry for your bad luck! stay positive and maybe it'll get better!

Disgusted Driver

negative nancy, don't rain on my parade. Luck has it, i'm not so much worried about expenses. just happy to be doing something I enjoy. Money is not the prime objective here for myself so sorry for your bad luck! stay positive and maybe it'll get better!
If money is not your objective than why don't you do something like volunteer to drive the elderly or something. There are lots of charities that need this kind of help. Do it for someone who will actually appreciate it.

Skyring

Author
That pretty much sums up my attitude. Uber gives me the chance to be out and about getting people where they need to be. Without the long shifts and wasted time of taxi work. When the work dries up, I go home.

MoneyUber4

Hi, my name's mike,

just got cleared to drive, super psyched! can't wait, hope it's entertaining somewhat...I am sure it has it's moments in the sun and in the mud, that's life. Some days you draw the short straw, others find you poolside at the Ritz. Hope to see some of you out there! later gator!
Welcome to the group. 1st get all information correct. Go to the top left of the page, search: Accident with Uber, Auto Insurance with Uber and other very important matters to to you as is Uber legal in your area? You will find it on this forum.

BaitNSwitch

Lol good point by Disgusted Driver.

You like to bring sunshine and radiance to the world, aka it's not about the money? volunteering with poor people has done wonders for me (legit not kidding) more than dropping off entitled bratty 18 - 30 year olds. They're more appreciative, they have no money to tip you with, but their sincere gratitude is all you need to feel better.

This was highly off topic. That being said, welcome to the forum my friend, enjoy the honeymoon phase.

Dontmakemepullauonyou

Hi, my name's mike,

Do you have a pulse?

Welcome to driving for uber! Now bend over!

rtaatl

Yes, he is just excited to be burning through his car and himself, his lifelong dream was to be a Taxi driver, the initial excitement will wear off pretty fast, in due time, in due time.
I don't see how someone does this just for fun given the expenses involved unless they have no life. If it's volunteering then, like previously stated, there are better ways....meals on wheels would be a great start.

Huberis

I don't see how someone does this just for fun given the expenses involved unless they have no life.
It is marketed as a hobby for some. This guy's 'tude is perfect for Uber, Kalanick is seeking out 357,000 more this year alone.

I find myself expected to be signing this guy's yearbook, "Good luck, stay as nice as you are and you'll go far". Just be careful beating the shit out of your car getting there. Watch out for one way streets, head up when following your GPS. No talk of ratings after any less than 1,000 rides.

DriverX

It is marketed as a hobby for some. This guy's 'tude is perfect for Uber, Kalanick is seeking out 357,000 more this year alone.

I find myself expected to be signing this guy's yearbook, "Good luck, stay as nice as you are and you'll go far". Just be careful beating the shit out of your car getting there. Watch out for one way streets, head up when following your GPS. No talk of ratings after any less than 1,000 rides.
If they haven't already figured out the GPS by the time they start driving Uber, their days are numbered.

Huberis

If they haven't already figured out the GPS by the time they start driving Uber, their days are numbered.
That was in reference to a local phenomenon. We have many drivers who come on from way far out of town. They come in from out of state to drive. I have had a two drivers come at me eastbound on westbound roads over the last three weekends. This past Monday, a friend of mine who drives for someone else told me he watched an Uber driver turn onto a prominent road against traffic, over a curb and promptly pulled over. I asked a few police officers about it and they noticed a big spike in such incidents in the last month or so. Many of them prove to be from out of town or state. The assumption is they are blindly following their GPS units.

That was an inside joke.

DriverX

That was in reference to a local phenomenon. We have many drivers who come on from way far out of town. They come in from out of state to drive. I have had a two drivers come at me eastbound on westbound roads over the last three weekends. This past Monday, a friend of mine who drives for someone else told me he watched an Uber driver turn onto a prominent road against traffic, over a curb and promptly pulled over. I asked a few police officers about it and they noticed a big spike in such incidents in the last month or so. Many of them prove to be from out of town or state. The assumption is they are blindly following their GPS units.

That was an inside joke.
I get it, but really I've heard pax tell me their driver was trying to use the partener app to navigate north up. CLearly they know not how to drive a car in the modern day. I remember the days when all we had were THomas Guides. My grandparents in LAs had drawn routes on almost every page.

coinzstarz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
got my bluetooth enabled garmin good to go, look, haven't worked in a whil. so to the people dissing, to each his own. this is a good step forward for me and whatever you say can have nothing but positive results in my mind. have fun, most of us native dfwers don't need stinking gps i have mine for the customers comfort. and if this was a waiting job, and your customer only wanted fries but another family of 6 hot dog eating contest winners just walked in, are you going to drop the fry guy for the troop of mega eaters?thats lame and shows character of the person providing a service, that they only do things motivated by self-centric desires. As i said in the begining, to each his own. But 9 outta 10 times ill pass you by every time! :wink: