Uber rider/driver trick

poopyhead

Ok, here's a scenario I thought of and I just want to know if it's possible. I know only me and one other person drive uber in my home area. If we are waiting for fares, could i open my uber app, drag the pin like 10-15mins away, request a ride to get him away, then cancel before he gets there so I can get all the fares?

Uzcaliber

Someone in this forum admitted doing it, I read it nearly two years ago. It's unethical, also considering drivers don't make much it hurts even more.

On the other hand, awhile ago I read about a rider who put the pin outside Surge area, request a ride, then text the driver for his/her actual location. I don't know whether the latest Uber system can detect riders who game the Surge system. A few days ago I had a request from a location on the outskirt of a Surge bubble, still in a descent Surge. I arrived and he told me he was at a different location one mile away which was in a very hot Surge. I didn't want to put up with that kind of crap, cancel it with "Wrong Address" and get the cancellation fee. He needs to learn to respect the system. Or he needs to learn how to put his pin location, his rating was 4.5 may indicate what kind of person he was who treats drivers like crap.

Last edited:

Hilljacker

Ok, here's a scenario I thought of and I just want to know if it's possible. I know only me and one other person drive uber in my home area. If we are waiting for fares, could i open my uber app, drag the pin like 10-15mins away, request a ride to get him away, then cancel before he gets there so I can get all the fares?
SMH

MJE

This keeps happening to me at the airport. Rider will put his pin at MOA, and then I'd get there and he'd call and say he's actually at the airport. Seeing how I would likely get a ticket at airport if I went to baggage claim to pick him up or I'd be subject to the toll. I just sit at the mall for 5 mins and collect that cancellation fee. It's only $6, but if I did that every time I picked up at the airport I would be paying them to take an uber. It's bad enough the way it is.

PTUber

I picked up a lady the other day, who was kind of a nightmare anyway, who admitted she did that to save the $6. I asked do the driver accept it? She said about 1/2 do. I told her no way I would do it not worth the fines and possible towing. I wanted to light into her about it but she had her 10 year daughter with her.

Uber10k

I cannot believe that any good hearted passenger out there would try and pull a fast one on uncle uber, I just don't see it?

poopyhead

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone in this forum admitted doing it, I read it nearly two years ago. It's unethical, also considering drivers don't make much it hurts even more.

On the other hand, awhile ago I read about a rider who put the pin outside Surge area, request a ride, then text the driver for his/her actual location. I don't know whether the latest Uber system can detect riders who game the Surge system. A few days ago I had a request from a location on the outskirt of a Surge bubble, still in a descent Surge. I arrived and he told me he was at a different location one mile away which was in a very hot Surge. I didn't want to put up with that kind of crap, cancel it with "Wrong Address" and get the cancellation fee. He needs to learn to respect the system. Or he needs to learn how to put his pin location, his rating was 4.5 may indicate what kind of person he was who treats drivers like crap.
I have a low/no maintenance dirt road in mind that I'd like to send them down (at night).