Uber rescinded the DF reduction

MrDude

Finally. I had started ghosting passengers or flat out refusing trips that were going into an area I didn’t want to drive through. Hopefully this was a valuable lesson for them that there is a limit to how much @@@@ery drivers will tolerate.

UberLyftDriverGuy

I have a theory that may sound crazy but here is my take on Ubers destination reduced rate implimentation and removal. I believe both Uber and Lyft collude often on many issues to increase profits by manipulating drivers back and forth from one platform to another. Many drivers who do both platforms as I do will jump on Lyft (in Protest) when they feel wrongly taken advantage of by Uber!
Just days after Uber pissed off so many drivers the end result was many more Lyft drivers available that I believe helped inflated the Lyft IPO initial price! Was a very shady but brilliant move! Knowing how Uber and Lyft manipulate everything I believe this is how they manipulated the value of the Lyft platform to pump up its IPO release price! Ethical? Your thoughts?

geebake

Wow. I just assumed that they'd never take this back.

It did provoke me into signing up for Lyft and I intend to give it a try.

VictorD

I have a theory that may sound crazy but here is my take on Ubers destination reduced rate implimentation and removal. I believe both Uber and Lyft collude often on many issues to increase profits by manipulating drivers back and forth from one platform to another. Many drivers who do both platforms as I do will jump on Lyft (in Protest) when they feel wrongly taken advantage of by Uber!
Just days after Uber pissed off so many drivers the end result was many more Lyft drivers available that I believe helped inflated the Lyft IPO initial price! Was a very shady but brilliant move! Knowing how Uber and Lyft manipulate everything I believe this is how they manipulated the value of the Lyft platform to pump up its IPO release price! Ethical? Your thoughts?
Not a chance. Drivers are the last thing investors are thinking about... if they're even thinking about us at all.

And that's a big if.

UberLyftDriverGuy

Not a chance. Drivers are the last thing investors are thinking about... if they're even thinking about us at all.

And that's a big if.
I didn't say the investors care about the drivers. We all know that! I said I believe they worked together to show that Lyft platform has so many available drivers. The case can be made that helped the chief officers of Lyft overvalue or maximize their IPO price.

nm339242

I didn't say the investors care about the drivers. We all know that! I said I believe they worked together to show that Lyft platform has so many available drivers. The case can be made that helped the chief officers of Lyft overvalue or maximize their IPO price.
There’s also not a chance at all that they want to help each other. Uber’s goal is to drive Lyft off the road and have it for themselves

Wex

WOW! Nice! Any time I used destination mode since the reduction, I would start the ride as soon as I got to the pick up and if the rider wasnt going where i wanted and also wasn't outside yet I'd just end the trip and cancel. Or my favorite thing to do was accept trips with the DF on and cancel after a few minutes. Pretty sure I increased the wait times more for riders.

Ardery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a chance. Drivers are the last thing investors are thinking about.

And that's a big if.
Victor, I'm not so sure.
when the LA strike happened, that got a good bit of media coverage. who's gonna invest in a company whose drivers are pissed off & angry.

im not exactly sure what prompted these bones they've been throwing the last couple weeks.

the appreciation rewards, the mega money quest this week, and them giving us back full rate DFs. they're being awfully giving. can't quite figure it out.

Antvirus

Victor, I'm not so sure.
when the LA strike happened, that got a good bit of media coverage. who's gonna invest in a company whose drivers are pissed off & angry.

im not exactly sure what prompted these bones they've been throwing the last couple weeks.

the appreciation rewards, the mega money quest this week, and them giving us back full rate DFs. they're being awfully giving. can't quite figure it out.
Uber Foreshadowing?
I feel it as well.
dun
Dun
DUUUUUUUUUHHHHNNNN

disp350

Victor, I'm not so sure.

You make some very good points. Me, I think it's just to try and eliminate some of the negative feedback they best from constantly messing with us as the IPO approaches.
Post automatically merged:

It's not as crazy sounding as you think. But they do have to walk as if they are on pins and needles as the IPO gets closer. The SEC will be right up their ass if they say anything they is untrue. Remember when Elon opened his mouth about going private a few months back. They gladly performed a cashectomy and lightened his wallet considerably.

Urazi

Its a possibility... rich help other rich to get richer?

VictorD

Victor, I'm not so sure.

Dude... all this time and you still haven't figured this shit out?

The "appreciation award" is a measly 10¢/ride. What good is getting back 10¢ after Uber just took back 17¢ on every mile of every trip?

"Mega money Quest"? Why do you think they're offering it? Because they know that, by doing so, there will be so many ants on the roads never going offline that there won't be a $1 worth of surge to be found anywhere because there will be 5,000 ants out there chasing an unattainable bonus. Don't believe me? Look at the Quest bonuses for the legitimately attainable benchmarks. They're less than $1/trip.

As for the returning DFs... increased cancellations and increased surge due to fewer drivers online was hurting Uber's interests. I sincerely hope you don't think that Uber gave back the DFs for you, do you? If you do, I may have to start calling you "DelaJoe, Jr."

Ardery

As for the returning DFs... increased cancellations and increased surge due to fewer drivers online was hurting Uber's interests. I sincerely hope you don't think that Uber gave back the DFs for you, do you? If you do, I may have to start calli
oh, I know. Everything got worse. Drivers were starting the trip and canceling. If the pickup wasn't downtown where there are lots of ants sitting, if we got a request, as I got close to the house, I canceled the ride, turned off destination filter, and waited for the ride re-request.

I know Uber does not necessarily care about us, but the investors are not going to invest in a cruise ship, if the crew and staff hate all their bosses.

As far as a lot of ants being out, today is like any other Monday. I got plenty of surge today, look at what's happening right now around 10:05 p.m.

Screenshot_20190415-220334.png

I may have to start calling you "DelaJoe, Jr."
Blasphemy!

Last edited:

maxroyalty1

oh, I know. Everything got worse. Drivers were starting the trip and canceling. If the pickup wasn't downtown where there are lots of ants sitting, if we got a request, as I got close to the house, I canceled the ride, turned off destination filter, and waited for the ride re-request.

I know Uber does not necessarily care about us, but the investors are not going to invest in a cruise ship, if the crew and staff hate all their bosses.

As far as a lot of ants being out, today is like any other Monday. I got plenty of surge today, look at what's happening right now around 10:05 p.m.

View attachment 312330

How are you get 1.4x surge in the airport when everyone else gets a dollar amount?

How are you get 1.4x surge in the airport when everyone else gets a dollar amount?

Ardery

because im special, sir.

How are you get 1.4x surge in the airport when everyone else gets a dollar amount
you go into app settings, in ride preferences, there's an option to switch back to the old surge.