Uber: Request Uber Stool, it is 60% less than UberX, demand may be high due to Metro Closure

4aseason

We have to continue to educate the paxs, by refusing Uber Stool request and informing them that it is an inferior option. I explained it to a pax tonight, I told him it's like doing your job for half the pay. He understood that....

UberMetalPunk

How will I know if I get an Uberpool request? Next, being new, what can I do if I do. I'm already being charged a 25% uber fee...uberPOOL would make me feel as if I'M paying THEM to drive from what I understand of it.

I have only done 2 trips with Uber so far and neither were POOL and that was yesterday night. Still debating on my decision to join Uber...

Last edited:

UberMetalPunk

UberSaur said:
Many drivers actually LOSE money doing UberStool...
Just the simple math I'm doing on the fly is telling me as much.

2 hrs and 20ish minutes last night netted me about 15bucks. I was so excited that I booked a trip to the Bahamas for 3 weeks! I'm going to be able to make all of my @@@@ing dreams come true! Finally! Some light at the end of the tunnel! I can probably retire in 605 years with an inground swimming pool shaped like a Manatee @@@@ing a pirate just like I've always dreamed!!!

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

How will I know if I get an Uberpool request?
When the ping comes in, it reads "POOL" at the top of the display.

As novadrivergal correctly indicates, if you are trying to boost your trip count for a bonus or incentive, U-Pool will help you do it more quickly. If you do accept a U-Pool, make sure that the user understands how it works before you start the trip. If the user does understand but does not want to share the car and threatens your rating, evict the user from your car and cancel the trip. A user can not rate a trip that you never start. If you do have to cancel too many this way, you might want to e-Mail Uber about it, just to let them know that you are cancelling so many trips because the U-Pool users do not want to share the car.

Driver cancellations do count against you. Trips not accepted do not count against you. You will, however, get nastygrams from Uber if you let too many pings expire.