• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber removes Waze app from navigation today.

AZ_Driver

I'm disappointed that Waze is no longer available on the newer updated Uber app. I updated my Uber app because of Uber Pro. The navigation options are Uber and Google. I feel like part of my driving tools were taken away from me. I liked to see ahead and change my route because of heavy traffic, an accident, or the road construction, now my passenger will pay more because of the delays that could have been avoided.

peteyvavs

I'm disappointed that Waze is no longer available on the newer updated Uber app. I updated my Uber app because of Uber Pro. The navigation options are Uber and Google. I feel like part of my driving tools were taken away from me. I liked to see ahead and change my route because of heavy traffic, an accident, or the road construction, now my passenger will pay more because of the delays that could have been avoided.
This is deliberate by Uber, they don’t want drivers to alter routes because they lose on the flat rate charge. Uber truly suckkkkkks.

The Gift of Fish

This is deliberate by Uber, they don’t want drivers to alter routes because they lose on the flat rate charge. Uber truly suckkkkkks.
I have a great longhaul route that I do regularly. Saves the pax about five minutes and adds $13 to my pay for the trip courtesy of Uber. For the last few trips Uber has been recommending the longhaul route in its own navigation, lol. Maybe I brainwashed it.

peteyvavs

I have a great longhaul route that I do regularly. Saves the pax about five minutes and adds $13 to my pay for the trip courtesy of Uber. For the last few trips Uber has been recommending the longhaul route in its own navigation, lol. Maybe I brainwashed it.
Uber tried to claw back a fee from me for going a different route, I told them that they had no complaints from pax’s and I’ll inform the State authorities that they are trying to defraud me out of legitimate fees, they reversed their decision in 5 minutes and returned the fee.

The Gift of Fish

Uber tried to claw back a fee from me for going a different route, I told them that they had no complaints from pax’s and I’ll inform the State authorities that they are trying to defraud me out of legitimate fees, they reversed their decision in 5 minutes and returned the fee.
it's in their "independent contractor" contract that drivers get to decide the route. if they told us what route to take then that would be indicative of employer-like control. They don't get to have it both ways and they know it, lol.

ggrezzi

Is it my phone or now with the new UberPro app you cannot see the waiting time at the MIA lot? I can only see the number of cars i have ahead of me.......sucks!

Ignatz

“Uber truly suckkkkkks.”
Uber? Or those that perpetuate Uber in the field moving Uber clients around?

TPAMB

Waze has been gone for the past 6 months in the Tampa market.
Still on my app in Tampa. I have real time traffic on my vehicle's Navi. I know when and where not to drive and the shortcut around traffic in my area.

Last edited:

BiggerDog

Waze is like crayola 🖍 crazyons.

Uber shouldn’t be sharing any information with a Google.

Try learning how to drive and using a few brain cells. Great Uber drivers don’t even need to look at the application.

We used to have knowledge tests like London before you could drive Black.