1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber refused cancellation fee

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by NoStopping, Apr 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NoStopping

NoStopping

Driving:
    UberX
    Pax didnt show up for 5 mins. I checked the waybill for the time and waited for 5 mins + a few seconds before cancelling. Uber says it doesn't qualify for a no show fee because the computer didn't automatically issue it.

2. Just tell them to escalate the ticket to someone who knows what they are doing.

3. NoStopping

NoStopping

Driving:
    UberX
    They said something like " it seems we are not going to agree on this so we are closing this ticket " they are no longer responding to it.

4. Do you have their phone number? You should be able to call them through the app. You can also go into the green light center and show them your evidence and start a new ticket.

5. NoStopping

NoStopping

Driving:
    UberX
    I will have to wait til I get a few of them or its not worth my time. They probably hope people will not want to waste their time on these issues.

6. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

I've had the same issue recently. Apparently Uber thinks they are our employee and that they have the legal right to make such determinations without validation even when we have met the parameters for such fees. They don't. It will come back to haunt them in the form of a lawsuit.

7. Just open another ticket... until they do it. Don't give up

8. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    Waybill shiws the request time, and it's Uber system time which may not match yr clock to the minute. Cancel fee is for 5 mins after u arrive. The pool timer will not start til u actually get to the pin now, u can't start it early. X may be that way too, we can't see the timer to know. But waybill is useless. And so is looking at a clock without seconds unless you go to the 6th minute after u arrive. If u arrive at 6:20, cancel at 6:26, since 6:25 will be 4mins and some seconds.

9. I've had a few problems collecting the cancellation fee on Uberx. Support pushes back big time on this issue, even when it's truly been 5+ minutes. I haven't had any problems with pool rides since they've added the timer.

Now why don't they add a 5 minute timer to Uberx??? Are your listening Uber, give us a timer for all rides!

Sacto Burbs likes this.
  10. Wait 5 minutes once you arrived at a Bus Stop, Caltrain station, Powell and Geary, Market and 4th, and so on.. lol

RedoBeach likes this.
  11. FuberPromo17

FuberPromo17

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    No way!
    Look:

Attached Files:

12. Just call them when you arrive, let them know and start the trip. If they argue, say " my time is not free, I already spent time getting here and you had anough time to get out and meet me at the curb!".