• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber ratings

BigDawg71a

So, I've got some frustration here. I'm a fairly new driver, been driving for about two months. I have just shy of a hundred rides under my belt and only 42 have bothered to rate me. Of the 42 I have gotten two one Stars, the rest were 5. One apparently for comfort and another for smell in the car. I make sure the car is clean, I don't smoke and unless I have had a drinker or a smoker I have given a ride to, there are no odors in my vehicle. I really don't know what there is that I can do about comfort, my car is my car.
Since I am so new and so few people have bothered to rate me, these two one star ratings have greatly affected my rating. I also don't understand why people are only rating 5 or 1 Stars. Seems to me if the rest of the ride went satisfactory and only one thing was disatisfactory, I would rate a four or three or even a two-star. If all the no raters had rated me, the impact would have been less. Why are we required to rate but they are not? On the flip side, I have yet to rate anybody below five star.
Not really sure what to do to avoid further 1-star ratings. I am concerned that anymore one star ratings could cause me to become deactivated. I feel I've gone out of my way to be kind courteous and insure all have a satisfactory ride in my vehicle.

Ian Richard Markham

Remember to drive with confidence. Try to plan your first turn without starting the trip. Watch the faded blue trail that shows you which way you will be heading once you start the trip. Point the car in that direction before the pax gets in.

When the pax approaches the car role down your window and say this exactly "Uber for Todd?" he will say "yes". As he is getting in immediatly say the destination before his butt hits the seat. Say it loudly and confidently and with spring in your step and bright eyed and bushy tailed. Todd will then say "Yes" then say "12 minutes". Start driving and don't say anything unless something is asked of you.

The rating is won or lost in the first five seconds 99% of the time.

You need to get with the program and spend more time preparing and getting your head in the game. Uber is being easy on you right now but things will get harder so look alive sucka!

teh744

At one point, I had double digit one stars. I was getting some bad pax and or ones that were gaming the system. Now I’m down to 4. Seems like it comes in waves. Then sometimes all I get are long rides. I just toughed it out. It does get very discouraging at times.

Bonmot

I know it is counter intuitive, but the sooner you stop worrying about ratings the sooner you will get better ratings.
1,500 rides in my first 10 months. 1x1*, 2x3*, 12x4*. The trick is to not give a rat's patootie. Here's the thing....of those sub-5 ratings, nobody ever left a comment explaining what they didn't like. If I don't know what's wrong I can't fix it. One pax might down-rate because you're going too slow and another because you're too fast even though you're going the speed limit for both. Just be polite without being a kiss-ass. Be your self. If you're a nice person you'll get mostly good ratings. If you're an A-hole you won't. Drive safe. There's never a reason to rush. If they're in a hurry that's on them. But 911 Guy said it best: Don't worry about ratings.

911 Guy

1,500 rides in my first 10 months. 1x1*, 2x3*, 12x4*. The trick is to not give a rat's patootie. Here's the thing....of those sub-5 ratings, nobody ever left a comment explaining what they didn't like. If I don't know what's wrong I can't fix it. One pax might down-rate because you're going too slow and another because you're too fast even though you're going the speed limit for both. Just be polite without being a kiss-ass. Be your self. If you're a nice person you'll get mostly good ratings. If you're an A-hole you won't. Drive safe. There's never a reason to rush. If they're in a hurry that's on them. But 911 Guy said it best: Don't worry about ratings.
I have 2, 2 stars. Willing to sell one.

RideshareUSA

Remember to drive with confidence. Try to plan your first turn without starting the trip. Watch the faded blue trail that shows you which way you will be heading once you start the trip. Point the car in that direction before the pax gets in.

When the pax approaches the car role down your window and say this exactly "Uber for Todd?" he will say "yes". As he is getting in immediatly say the destination before his butt hits the seat. Say it loudly and confidently and with spring in your step and bright eyed and bushy tailed. Todd will then say "Yes" then say "12 minutes". Start driving and don't say anything unless something is asked of you.

The rating is won or lost in the first five seconds 99% of the time.

You need to get with the program and spend more time preparing and getting your head in the game. Uber is being easy on you right now but things will get harder so look alive sucka!
Your perspective on driving is sheer lunacy!

Ian Richard Markham

But I digress, take it from me folks, 8099 trips and never dropped below a 4.95 ⭐ rating.

I watched Bill Maher interview Judge Judy the other day and it was so interesting because he shared many facts about the honorable Judith Sheindlin and the Judge Judy TV show. Did you know that Judge Judy beat Oprah every single sweeps week that both shows were airing new episodes. I don't remember the exact figures but Jude Judy got 15 million viewers daily where as shows like CSI or Chicago Med or NCIS get around 5 million. PS Judith was 52 years old when she recorded her first episode. People thought the producers were crazy for putting a 52 year old on TV.

When Bill Maher asked why Judge Judy was so successful Judith said because people in their heart of hearts like and appreciate order very much. People want order in their lives. People like it when another person puts their life in order.

I am not that fun in the car, my music is ok, driving is pretty good. What I do best however is provide order in an otherwise disorderly operation. That's what my passengers want.

BigDawg71a

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, I welcome constructive criticism, but I can't fix what I don't know is broken. I don't think one star ratings should be allowed without an explanation. I think it's cowardly to leave a one star without justification.

Coachman

I agree, I welcome constructive criticism, but I can't fix what I don't know is broken. I don't think one star ratings should be allowed without an explanation. I think it's cowardly to leave a one star without justification.
I think most 1-stars result from a dischord between the driver and the pax. I can usually tell within the first 30 seconds if the ride is in trouble. You get that vibe that the pax isn't happy or isn't going to be happy no matter what you do. So there's really nothing to fix.