• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber rates in Pittsburgh

Liwaroman

When I looked online before driving in Pittsburgh all the websites said the base rate was $1.30 and the minimum fare was $5.00. Yesterday was my first day driving in. Pittsburgh and I found out the real base rate is $1.04 and the minimum was $4.40.

Does anyone know any reliable website I can find accurate rates for each city because I'm thinking about moving to D.C./ DMV area and driving there.

Thank You

Xeverrer

When looking at my app; my "base fare" net is $0.97; min rides net me $4.12

Those 2 factors wouldn't exactly be what I would base my decision on of where to Uber at though.

Speaking of - the math on the $7.70 ride equaling $4.12 for us is kinda crazy. 53% of fare

Liwaroman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When looking at my app; my "base fare" net is $0.97; min rides net me $4.12

Those 2 factors wouldn't exactly be what I would base my decision on of where to Uber at though.

Speaking of - the math on the $7.70 ride equaling $4.12 for us is kinda crazy. 53% of fare
What do you mean the $7.70 ride? For me the $4.40 was my 2 lowest rides.

Attachments

kojeislandincha

When I looked online before driving in Pittsburgh all the websites said the base rate was $1.30 and the minimum fare was $5.00. Yesterday was my first day driving in. Pittsburgh and I found out the real base rate is $1.04 and the minimum was $4.40.

Does anyone know any reliable website I can find accurate rates for each city because I'm thinking about moving to D.C./ DMV area and driving there.

Thank You
With No Government Oversight......The Rate is whatever they Say it is.......

Liwaroman

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was a ride for you in pittsburgh..?

Haha uhh, maybe I have a problem w/ my account ??View attachment 144378
At least it
This is what's going on thanks ....
88/110 = .8
82.5/110 =.75
It sucks how some drivers are getting ripped off even more than I am and I thought 20% was a lot. They also charge a booking fee so we don't get any percentage of the boooing fee.

phoneguy

Ok Here is the breakdown:
Minimum Fare is $7.70. Here is how it is broken down: Booking fee, we don't get any part of that, so we get a cut of the $5.50. $5.50 x .75 = $4.125 (they round down) to $4.12.

Before May 23, the app would give you tell you the $5.50 and you had to open the trip to see what part of that you got.
On May 24, the app tells you your cut.

so I am going to show you my last Uber trip with uber +mine = total passenger
Line Item uBER Mine Total
Base 0.33 0.97 1.3
18.84 Miles 5.42 16.25 21.67
21.60 Minutes 0.81 2.43 3.24
Wait Time (1.85) 0.07 0.21 0.28
My take home - $19.86

The Per mile is $1.15 and Per Minute is $0.15, that is before uber's cut. After, you get $0.825 and $0.1125. As for the $1.30, it was most like from an old article and needs to be updated.

There is a $5.00 cancellation fee and Uber takes there cut so you get $3.75.

bigga519

Ok Here is the breakdown:
Minimum Fare is $7.70. Here is how it is broken down: Booking fee, we don't get any part of that, so we get a cut of the $5.50. $5.50 x .75 = $4.125 (they round down) to $4.12.

Before May 23, the app would give you tell you the $5.50 and you had to open the trip to see what part of that you got.
On May 24, the app tells you your cut.

so I am going to show you my last Uber trip with uber +mine = total passenger
Line Item uBER Mine Total
Base 0.33 0.97 1.3
18.84 Miles 5.42 16.25 21.67
21.60 Minutes 0.81 2.43 3.24
Wait Time (1.85) 0.07 0.21 0.28
My take home - $19.86

The Per mile is $1.15 and Per Minute is $0.15, that is before uber's cut. After, you get $0.825 and $0.1125. As for the $1.30, it was most like from an old article and needs to be updated.

There is a $5.00 cancellation fee and Uber takes there cut so you get $3.75.
I HATE math!!

Quentin West

At least it

It sucks how some drivers are getting ripped off even more than I am and I thought 20% was a lot. They also charge a booking fee so we don't get any percentage of the boooing fee.
Those fees are just a clever way that they rip-us-off, consequently, I don't accept any request that is more than 10 minutes away, during a surge, 5 minutes away.

Steve2967

At least it

Amazing that people accept work without knowing what they are going to be paid.

Would you accept an hourly job without knowing your hourly rate? Maybe you would assume you were being paid $15/hr because you saw on a webpage that someone said the company paid $15/hr.

Looking forward to your next 2 months of complaining posts before you quit.

Perfect fit for this forum.

Kalee

I just read a thread that says Uber is going to be raising rates over in Akron Ohio.

Could it trend to the Pittsburgh market?

kojeislandincha

Amazing that people accept work without knowing what they are going to be paid.

Would you accept an hourly job without knowing your hourly rate? Maybe you would assume you were being paid $15/hr because you saw on a webpage that someone said the company paid $15/hr.

Looking forward to your next 2 months of complaining posts before you quit.

Perfect fit for this forum.
This isn't work, so your comments aren't applicable.