1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber rates in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh' started by Liwaroman, Jul 30, 2017.

1. When I looked online before driving in Pittsburgh all the websites said the base rate was $1.30 and the minimum fare was $5.00. Yesterday was my first day driving in. Pittsburgh and I found out the real base rate is $1.04 and the minimum was $4.40.

Does anyone know any reliable website I can find accurate rates for each city because I'm thinking about moving to D.C./ DMV area and driving there.

Thank You

kojeislandincha likes this.
  2. When looking at my app; my "base fare" net is $0.97; min rides net me $4.12

Those 2 factors wouldn't exactly be what I would base my decision on of where to Uber at though.

Speaking of - the math on the $7.70 ride equaling $4.12 for us is kinda crazy. 53% of fare

Quentin West likes this.
  3. What do you mean the $7.70 ride? For me the $4.40 was my 2 lowest rides.

Attached Files:

4. That was a ride for you in pittsburgh..?

Haha uhh, maybe I have a problem w/ my account ?? IMG_2830.PNG

5. Maybe you're getting only .825 instead of .88 per mile because you've opted into taking the extra insurance available?

Liwaroman likes this.
  6. Wiz65

Wiz65

Driving:
    UberX
    Also depends on when you signed up. Older drivers get the 80/20 split. Newer ones I believe is 75/25

Liwaroman likes this.
  7. This is what's going on thanks ....
    88/110 = .8
    82.5/110 =.75

8. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha

Driving:
    UberX
    With No Government Oversight......The Rate is whatever they Say it is.......

9. At least it
    It sucks how some drivers are getting ripped off even more than I am and I thought 20% was a lot. They also charge a booking fee so we don't get any percentage of the boooing fee.

Quentin West likes this.
  10. Ok Here is the breakdown:
    Minimum Fare is $7.70. Here is how it is broken down: Booking fee, we don't get any part of that, so we get a cut of the $5.50. $5.50 x .75 = $4.125 (they round down) to $4.12.

Before May 23, the app would give you tell you the $5.50 and you had to open the trip to see what part of that you got.
    On May 24, the app tells you your cut.

so I am going to show you my last Uber trip with uber +mine = total passenger
    Line Item uBER Mine Total
    Base 0.33 0.97 1.3
    18.84 Miles 5.42 16.25 21.67
    21.60 Minutes 0.81 2.43 3.24
    Wait Time (1.85) 0.07 0.21 0.28
    My take home - $19.86

The Per mile is $1.15 and Per Minute is $0.15, that is before uber's cut. After, you get $0.825 and $0.1125. As for the $1.30, it was most like from an old article and needs to be updated.

There is a $5.00 cancellation fee and Uber takes there cut so you get $3.75.

11. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha

Driving:
    UberX
    Soooooooo.....Whatssssssss.....Your......Point???

12. bigga519

bigga519

I HATE math!!

13. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha

Driving:
    UberX
    I love Math! Soooo. What's Up?

14. UberMaths (tm) is simple. They sucker new drivers into believing they only take 25% but between an ever-increasing booking fee and padded upfront fares, they actually take way more LOL.

15. Those fees are just a clever way that they rip-us-off, consequently, I don't accept any request that is more than 10 minutes away, during a surge, 5 minutes away.

16. Steve2967

Steve2967

Amazing that people accept work without knowing what they are going to be paid.

Would you accept an hourly job without knowing your hourly rate? Maybe you would assume you were being paid $15/hr because you saw on a webpage that someone said the company paid $15/hr.

Looking forward to your next 2 months of complaining posts before you quit.

Perfect fit for this forum.

Zeppelin77 likes this.
  17. Kalee

Kalee

I just read a thread that says Uber is going to be raising rates over in Akron Ohio.

Could it trend to the Pittsburgh market?

18. bigga519

bigga519

Don't hold your breath lol

Kalee likes this.
  19. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha

Driving:
    UberX
    This isn't work, so your comments aren't applicable.

20. Kalee

Kalee

Then neither is flying a commercial jet.
    Or driving a tractor trailer
    Or driving a bus