• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Raises UberX Commission To 25 Percent In Five More Markets

Jvc21

I'll probably drive much less and possibly quit altogether.

In reality, Uber isn't gonna give a damn. There are new drivers every week to replace the old ones so the vicious cycle will continue. New drivers will think that is the norm.

(Trying to work the Swift concert only to see 16 uber cars all over the xcel. Surge hit 3.6, yet no riders took it, until it disappeared and I got stuck with a regular fare) surge is such BS.

It wouldn't surprise me if it hit 35% next year.

merkurfan

I'll probably drive much less and possibly quit altogether.

In reality, Uber isn't gonna give a damn. There are new drivers every week to replace the old ones so the vicious cycle will continue. New drivers will think that is the norm.

(Trying to work the Swift concert only to see 16 uber cars all over the xcel. Surge hit 3.6, yet no riders took it, until it disappeared and I got stuck with a regular fare) surge is such BS.

It wouldn't surprise me if it hit 35% next year.
it hit 30% in a TX market already.

thank god I am locked in at 20%.. for now.

Ewis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you see the new agreement you have to accept before logging in to the app?? The new commission for UberX who signed after Sept 16, 2015 is 28%. So taking into account the other $1 "Safe Ride Fee", this means for rides at the minimum fare ($5) drivers get $2.60 (Uber takes %48 commission), and for fares at $10 drivers get $6.20 (Uber takes %38 commission). And we all know that the majority of the rides we do are below $10.
So technically, according to the new fee structure, Uber is taking between 40% to 50% commission.

Last edited:

merkurfan

Did you see the new agreement you have to accept before logging in to the app?? The new commission for UberX who signed after Sept 16, 2015 is 28%. So taking into account the other $1 "Safe Ride Fee", this means for rides at the minimum fare ($5) drivers get $2.60 (Uber takes %48 commission), and for fares at $10 drivers get $6.20 (Uber takes %38 commission). And we all know that the majority of the rides we do are below $10.
So technically, according to the new fee structure, Uber is taking between 40% and 50% commission.

It won't stop there if drivers keep driving.

Ewis

I quitted this mean Uber job. I found a packaging job that pays me the same without having to invest 10k in a car ad see it depreciates like crazy!!
Good bye Scruber!

Baahoot

Well sorry to hear that your car depreciate so fast i like the idea tho that i can get paid for helping some one out. I will give some peruses to geting out and about and if you set so much to the side every month to pay a bill just add that in to your every thing to do each month. I dont know maybe make a deal with a car company to get some of the new modle and do some car hand outs to people for some lease set up to drive all new cars only month 2 or what ever to get some of them a kick in business. could be a deal to get new cars for people. Or who knows

Ewis

Safe Rides Fee will increase to $1.55 for all uberX trips in MN :smiles:

Ah that is good then. That would have been a major contention point with me. I also run Lyft, but currently doesn't offer service where I am running. I hope they expand.

Jvc21

I doubt lyft will expand until next year at the very earliest. I heard they have to jump through a bit more regulation hurdles (and doesn't have nearly as much lobbying power as UBER)

Goober

I doubt lyft will expand until next year at the very earliest. I heard they have to jump through a bit more regulation hurdles (and doesn't have nearly as much lobbying power as UBER)
Expand in what way?

Jvc21

Coverage area. lyft has a hard coverage map meaning anything outside of it you can't pick up.

Uber has a soft coverage, it's suppose to cover the area, but you could get picked up anywhere in the metro area. (You can't pick people up in elk river from lyft, but you can with uber)

Jvc21

Drove (idiotically) someone to Stillwater, dreading the dead miles back, only to get someone from the downtown area that wanted to go to uptown. I'm always grateful for that day.

Sometimes out on the fringe, there are some calls you have to fetch for, but they usually come into the city. Or the airport. I consider it lucky to get a run going out there. People are grateful to get the service too. I often deadhead to the fringe when the prime areas are over-saturated (always). Lately I've been doing better then in the surge areas with all the cancels and long waits for runs.

Goober

Sometimes out on the fringe, there are some calls you have to fetch for, but they usually come into the city. Or the airport. I consider it lucky to get a run going out there. People are grateful to get the service too. I often deadhead to the fringe when the prime areas are over-saturated (always). Lately I've been doing better then in the surge areas with all the cancels and long waits for runs.
Depends on the time though...the fringe sucks around bar close bc everyone lives so close to wherever they are. Also, been getting shitty runs during morning rush hour where you used to get lots of airport runs, and nowadays it's ppl who live close to where they work.