1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Raises UberX Commission To 25 Percent In Five More Markets

Discussion in 'Minneapolis' started by Ewis, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Ewis

Ewis

I just want to know how we the squeezed drivers would react when this comes to Minneapolis!

chi1cabby likes this.
  2. Jvc21

Jvc21

I'll probably drive much less and possibly quit altogether.

In reality, Uber isn't gonna give a damn. There are new drivers every week to replace the old ones so the vicious cycle will continue. New drivers will think that is the norm.

(Trying to work the Swift concert only to see 16 uber cars all over the xcel. Surge hit 3.6, yet no riders took it, until it disappeared and I got stuck with a regular fare) surge is such BS.

It wouldn't surprise me if it hit 35% next year.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  3. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    it hit 30% in a TX market already.

thank god I am locked in at 20%.. for now.

4. Ewis

Ewis

Did you see the new agreement you have to accept before logging in to the app?? The new commission for UberX who signed after Sept 16, 2015 is 28%. So taking into account the other $1 "Safe Ride Fee", this means for rides at the minimum fare ($5) drivers get $2.60 (Uber takes %48 commission), and for fares at $10 drivers get $6.20 (Uber takes %38 commission). And we all know that the majority of the rides we do are below $10.
    So technically, according to the new fee structure, Uber is taking between 40% to 50% commission.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  5. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX

It won't stop there if drivers keep driving.

6. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
  7. Ewis

Ewis

I quitted this mean Uber job. I found a packaging job that pays me the same without having to invest 10k in a car ad see it depreciates like crazy!!
    Good bye Scruber!

8. Baahoot

Baahoot

Well sorry to hear that your car depreciate so fast i like the idea tho that i can get paid for helping some one out. I will give some peruses to geting out and about and if you set so much to the side every month to pay a bill just add that in to your every thing to do each month. I dont know maybe make a deal with a car company to get some of the new modle and do some car hand outs to people for some lease set up to drive all new cars only month 2 or what ever to get some of them a kick in business. could be a deal to get new cars for people. Or who knows

9. Ewis

Ewis

Safe Rides Fee will increase to $1.55 for all uberX trips in MN :)

10. Mr Microphone

Mr Microphone

Driving:
    UberX
    So we get .55 cents less now on a minimum fare?

11. That's what I'm dreading. ****

12. Anyone do a minimum fare yet today? I'll screen shot my first. .

13. Guess not...but it also says UberXL fee is 28% for new partners.

Definitely logged into Lyft first!

Screenshot_2015-10-10-12-53-13.png

Jvc21 and chi1cabby like this.
  14. Mr Microphone

Mr Microphone

Driving:
    UberX
    Ah that is good then. That would have been a major contention point with me. I also run Lyft, but currently doesn't offer service where I am running. I hope they expand.

Jvc21 likes this.
  15. Jvc21

Jvc21

I doubt lyft will expand until next year at the very earliest. I heard they have to jump through a bit more regulation hurdles (and doesn't have nearly as much lobbying power as UBER)

16. Expand in what way?

17. Jvc21

Jvc21

Coverage area. lyft has a hard coverage map meaning anything outside of it you can't pick up.

Uber has a soft coverage, it's suppose to cover the area, but you could get picked up anywhere in the metro area. (You can't pick people up in elk river from lyft, but you can with uber)

Goober likes this.
  18. Jvc21

Jvc21

Drove (idiotically) someone to Stillwater, dreading the dead miles back, only to get someone from the downtown area that wanted to go to uptown. I'm always grateful for that day.

Goober likes this.
  19. Mr Microphone

Mr Microphone

Driving:
    UberX
    Sometimes out on the fringe, there are some calls you have to fetch for, but they usually come into the city. Or the airport. I consider it lucky to get a run going out there. People are grateful to get the service too. I often deadhead to the fringe when the prime areas are over-saturated (always). Lately I've been doing better then in the surge areas with all the cancels and long waits for runs.

20. Depends on the time though...the fringe sucks around bar close bc everyone lives so close to wherever they are. Also, been getting ****ty runs during morning rush hour where you used to get lots of airport runs, and nowadays it's ppl who live close to where they work.