1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber raises commission rates up to 30%

Discussion in 'News' started by LA Cabbie, Sep 11, 2015.

1. LA Cabbie

LA Cabbie Well-Known Member

2. Luberon

Luberon Well-Known Member

Yes we (Uber) can!!

3. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber Well-Known Member

That will go over really well with drivers retention.

UberNorthStar likes this.
  4. Luberon

Noobs will not even know what hit them. In a few weeks you will see them posting how they are making good money driving for Uber and can't understand why lazy old timers complain.

5. Realityshark

Realityshark Well-Known Member

Frankly I'm tired of Uber's bull****. It was easy to make a grand per week, part time, a couple years ago. Those days are long gone, as are most of those drivers. Most new drivers are uneducated, unemployable, desperate people who can't understand 5th grade math.

They can't do anything else in society, so they drive their ****ty cars into the ground while making pennies as Uber drivers. The really stupid one's get a sub prime car lease from Uber.

There are a few of us left who have figured out a system and do it for a few extra part time bucks, but we are quickly getting out numbered by the desperate losers who have made it possible for Uber to drop fares to next to nothing.

Face it, there are many more loser drivers than the rest of us, so rates will continue to drop while Uber's commission grows larger.

The thing drivers can't comprehend is that Uber doesn't care much about profit at this juncture. They only care about market share and having their App on everyone's cell phone which helps their IPO.

They're playing with investors money while those at the top write themselves a huge paycheck guaranteeing their fortune.

The drivers are considered an expense so cutting rates increases market share while cutting expenses.

As long as Uber can find ******s willing to drive for less than 1$ per mile and give up 20 - 30 points on each ride, Uber is golden and the rate cuts will continue.

How do passengers expect to have a safe ride when their driver is obviously semi-******ed?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  6. ubershiza

ubershiza Well-Known Member

As a partner their entitled to 30% and as an employee they'll be entitled to 50%. Its beginning to look more and more like a scam. All proceeds go to driverless car r and d please continue to support their effects.

Cathi and mizzrock like this.
  7. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Gemgirlla and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  8. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    "It’s unclear if raising the commission deters new drivers from signing up, but if the policy has spread from its first test city, it suggests it makes economic sense."

1. No. Raising the commission will not deter drivers.WHY? How many ppl actually read (and comprehend the T&C of Uber before filling out the application? If I remember correctly, one has to agree to the T&C before you are given access to the application.
    2. Wby does it make economic sense for Uber to charge a higher commission if <EDIT: the rate pax pays remains the same?>
    JM2¢W

mizzrock and Altima ATL like this.
  9. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'll bet a lot of drivers would quit if the amount shown after the ride is the net not the gross.

10. Luberon

Love this rant...ha-ha. Now log back on to your driver app and catch some surge, if any is still left.

Sacto Burbs, 20yearsdriving and Ara like this.
  11. ReviTULize

ReviTULize Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    They keep taking more from the drivers and less from the pax. It doesn't make sense

Huberis, Cathi and Altima ATL like this.
  12. F-uber

F-uber Well-Known Member

I am starting to think that, with the possible exception of the military-industrial complex, Uber is the greatest scam ever perpetuated on the American public. I could be wrong.

13. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Not only are Vaseline or KY not allowed, now they are rubbing Fels Naptha on the thing.

14. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Grab your ankles...this is gonna hurt

15. mizzrock

mizzrock Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    When I was driving for uber and it showed my last ride on the home screen, but I'd go to check earnings and it'd show post-commission $2, I was done. I like seeing gross. Not net.

UberNorthStar likes this.
  16. Cathi

Cathi Active Member

If this comes to Philadelphia, I'm done.

MoneyUber4 likes this.
  17. F-uber

F-uber Well-Known Member

Possibly why Bernie Sanders is hot stuff these days. Working stiffs can't make it in what is supposed to be the world's richest country.

End to the political rant.

18. Cathi

Cathi Active Member

I don't understand it either. Why not raise the rates instead of stiffing the drivers?

MoneyUber4 likes this.
  19. ReviTULize

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Exactly...trickle-down is a joke

MoneyUber4 and Gemgirlla like this.
  20. Huberis

Huberis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    The customers are resources fit for all sorts of exploitation. If you want to understand why Travis and Uber follow this particular path, you simply must try better to understand Travis Kalanick, all of Uber's activities and venture capitalism as a kind of way of both doing business and relating to the world.

Uber is not likely to be a means to an end for Kalanick. He has other stuff going on, think about all the intellectual property he is trying to develop patent and license. He was big into music piracy remember? How about God's view, you remember God's view? Travis wants his app on everyone's phone. He want's to be ubiquitous by way of the Uber app itself. He wants to learn peoples habits and proclivities through access to your phone, by given you rides and he leverages the losses he incurs driving people around to raise capital, in order to develop new patentable technologies. It resembles a bit of an elaborate Ponzi scheme doesn't it?

Uber reports massive losses far out of proportion of what is often said to be emblematic of their startup status. Uber loses money. Think of how greedy and scheming Kalanich is, yet Uber does but lose money. Given their willingness to lose incredible sums, why would, why should may be a better question, why should Uber concern themselves whether or not a particular decision will be for the benefit of their drivers?

Much of what they do is based on illusion. What would you like to hear? How much would you like to think you could earn? How much worthless bull**** can we preoccupy with to keep you from seeing exactly how it is we operate?

Kalanick wants Uber to be at the center of everyone's world, but is Uber and its drivers the center of his world? Doubtful.