Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber! Quit it with the bottle waters!

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Golfer 
#1 ·
If you thought that Ubers promotion of free water for pax at drivers expense was a thing of the past, have a look at this recent TV ad and tell me there not promoting that still. All those people with all those "Free water bottles".

I feel sorry for those simple people who chase the Uber BS rating/badge system, but I guess you cant have everyone smart enough.

#2 ·
That's the same add they put on before the NRL Semi finals and The Grand final.
I was quite surprised ,as the time space on those two, is not cheap.
I Actually mentioned it on here.
But like their choice of performer , wonder who they paid ,to use him BOWIE IS DECEASED God bless , it's a shame he is associated with these scoundrels

#4 ·
Lol, I've been asked for water once, twice passengers have insinuated their need for water, asked for mints twice.... That's in the 7-8 months I've been driving. Obviously the demand isn't there, why Uber promotes free water is beyond me. It's a ridiculous notion and should be omitted from Uber. Waste of money for drivers.

Particularly the new drivers who get sucked into it.

#9 ·
Another reason why they will never raise the base rates, possibly even a rate decrease :eek:
If they have to advertise on TV then rides are down, & when the TV adverts don't work - we know what happens next :confused:

& as others have stated, shit load of $$$ spent on this advert, the sound track rights & the time slots - they're never going to give anything more to drivers, they will only take, take, take...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.